Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: So. Big news today.  (Read 6764 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: So. Big news today.
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2019, 06:42:16 pm »

Oh, just one: patches. Raw patching. I don't know what form it would take, but anything that lets a file edit a previously-defined object would be good.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2019, 07:25:41 pm »

It's in my notes already. :)

It would be great to have something like: "entity_default.txt", and if a modder wants to add tags to it, he makes a "Diff_modder-name.txt" which just has

[ADD_TO:ENTITY:MOUNTAIN]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:X]
[ITEM_WEAPON:X]

[ADD_TO:ENTITY:FOREST]
blabla

[ADD_TO:REACTION_OTHER]
[reaction code]
etc.

That would solve most issues with mod merging.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2019, 08:06:40 pm »

Believe me, I'll do my best to get Tarn to add more mod support and to figure out how SteamWorkshop works with mods. After all I want to mod too. ;)

Any specific requests? ^^

Nothing specific really, but I don't see why the majority of the things we do with DFHack couldn't be done with modding (excluding things like making custom gui's). Obviously it's a bit of a pipe dream, but shoot for the moon, blah blah blah...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2019, 08:58:06 pm »

I'd wish for your encyclopedia script to be an integral part of the game. ^^
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Apollo Densin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2019, 02:33:15 am »

Now I could be an idiot and it is actually possible to do this already, but a utility that allows you to check out the amount of items needed for a reaction. This would help with stuff like masterwork where the wiki is fairly bare bones. I know you can see the items needed for a reaction, but it does not list the amount, or at least not that i can see
"Man I just survived an attack by 90 goblins with no loses. I feel so unsafe, time to build more defenses." My typical response to this game

thefriendlyhacker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2019, 05:37:36 am »

Now I could be an idiot and it is actually possible to do this already, but a utility that allows you to check out the amount of items needed for a reaction. This would help with stuff like masterwork where the wiki is fairly bare bones. I know you can see the items needed for a reaction, but it does not list the amount, or at least not that i can see
Assuming I remember how the current reactions display works currently, it would be better to just fix that so that it also displays the number of items required, and make it accessible even if you have enough reagents to run the reaction. 'twould also be easier too, on account of just needing to add a hotkey and some additional code to the reaction display instead of creating at least one new display/menu entirely.

Am I the only one who is beginning to suspect that this whole Steam DF thing could end up becoming the partial UI overhaul that DF has needed since forever.
Fallout Equestria Redux - that's right, it's back

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2019, 09:08:34 am »

I'm not sure about the steam workshop thing because of how it works (forces everyone to download the latest version, potentially wreaking saves and making a lot of problems with compatibility as a result), but if it means that we get even more cultist praying to the demon toad and no real negative impact on the game itself I'm all for it.

DF has been a cult classic for many years already, and if it ships with the better tilesets and such all that remains is the insane complexity that will drive many new people insane (meaning we get to enjoy more flooded forts and complains about animals having completely destroyed entire populations).
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2019, 10:26:55 am »

Something like this?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Wyrdean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2019, 10:37:40 am »

Something like this?

That looks fantastic to me, Good luck and Godsspeed Meph!

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2019, 05:44:01 pm »

Any plans to incorporate Revised or any aspects of it into Masterwork in the future?
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2019, 05:57:02 pm »

Nope

Apollo Densin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2019, 12:15:04 am »

Something like this?

Yes
"Man I just survived an attack by 90 goblins with no loses. I feel so unsafe, time to build more defenses." My typical response to this game

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2019, 11:30:30 am »

Started with a bit of modding today. Custom fortress defense mod, with allies, enemies, thieves and cave-civs. I made 15 each, in 5 different difficulty settings. All use vanilla DF creatures as basis, so that players don't have to learn about made-up stuff by me. ^^

##############################
Allies - These civs act like your human allies. They send caravans and trade with you; a small chance of war remains.
TOAD_MAN
PENGUIN MAN
SLUG_MAN

DESERT_TORTOISE_MAN
BEETLE_MAN
GOAT_MOUNTAIN_MAN

GNOME_MOUNTAIN
PLATYPUS MAN
PANDA MAN

GAZELLE_MAN
ARMADILLO MAN
MUSKOX_MAN

CHINCHILLA_MAN
CHAMELEON_MAN
AXOLOTL_MAN

Enemies - These civs act like goblins. Hostile to your dwarves, they send ambushes, snatchers and sieges to break your fort.

Level I - No weapons, no armor. Siege very early.
MANTIS_MAN
RAT_MAN
ROACH_MAN

Level II - Wooden weapons, wooden armor. Sieges early. Sends ambushes.
BEAR_GRIZZLY_MAN
BROWN_RECLUSE_SPIDER_MAN
WOLVERINE_MAN

Level III - Bronze weapons, bronze armor. Sieges as usual. Brings cave animals.
BADGER MAN
LION_MAN
WALRUS_MAN

Level IV - Iron weapons, iron armor. Sieges late. Brings cave and evil animals. Doesn't fight with wildlife.
TIGER_MAN
ALLIGATOR_MAN
LIZARD_MAN

Level V - Steel weapons, steel armor. Sieges very late. Brings selection of any possible animals. Doesn't fight with wildlife and ignore neutrals. Might wait you out, besieging your fort till you attack.
BLENDEC_FOUL
ELEPHANT_MAN
BLIZZARD_MAN

Thieves - Acting like kobolds, these civs will send single individuals to steal objects from your fort. Once they have stolen three items, they might attack you in force! They often hide in caves and don't appear in the world-gen menu.

Level I - No weapons, no armor. Steal very early.
WORM_MAN
KEA_MAN
GNOME_DARK

Level II - Wooden weapons, wooden armor. Steal early.
FOX_MAN
RACCOON_MAN
HONEY BADGER MAN

Level III - Copper weapons, copper armor. Steals as usual.
GREMLIN
SATYR
GRIMELING

Level IV - Iron weapons, iron armor. Steals late.
RATTLESNAKE_MAN
BLACK_MAMBA_MAN
BLIZZARD_MAN

Level V - Steel weapons, steel armor. Steals very late.
AARDVARK_MAN
AYE-AYE_MAN
KING_COBRA_MAN

Caverns - These tiny civs don't siege, steal or trade. They only appear in small groups of hunter-gatherers in the caverns below.

Level I - Wooden weapons, no armor.
PLUMP_HELMET_MAN
REACHER
GORLAK

Level II - Wooden weapons, wooden shields.
ELEMENTMAN_GABBRO
ELEMENTMAN_AMETHYST
BLOOD_MAN

Level III - Bronze weapons, bronze armor.
VORACIOUS_CAVE_CRAWLER
MOLEMARIAN
ELEMENTMAN_MUD

Level IV - Iron weapons, Iron armor.
BLIND_CAVE_OGRE
TROGLODYTE
IMP_FIRE

Level V - Steel weapons, Steel armor.
ELEMENTMAN_IRON
ELEMENTMAN_MAGMA
ELEMENTMAN_FIRE

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2019, 12:16:46 am »

LOL.  I was wondering what the "release date" would be on Steam.

Hope it all works out well for Tarn and Zach :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2019, 05:37:30 pm »

A few of the mod workshops in steam-df style:
Alchemist, Ore processor, Batch furnace, Volcanic forge, Javelin maker.
Alcohol refinery, Inventors workbench, crematory, Weaponry, Armory.
Quarry, Brick oven, Library section, Gunsmith, Exchange office.
Human trader, Dwarf trader, Goblin trader, Elf trader, Kobold trader.

:)

They are not as super-high quality as the official tileset, but I think they are ok for a mod.
Pages: 1 [2] 3