Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: So. Big news today.  (Read 6799 times)

JAK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: So. Big news today.
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2019, 09:48:12 pm »

Started with a bit of modding today. Custom fortress defense mod, with allies, enemies, thieves and cave-civs. I made 15 each, in 5 different difficulty settings. All use vanilla DF creatures as basis, so that players don't have to learn about made-up stuff by me. ^^

Love the idea. I was thinking about doing something similar but haven't the time (Army training begins shortly for me). Have you considered condensing them into fewer civs with the existing races changed into castes?

I.e. instead of having a race for every animal man you want represented, make grand alliances of multiple. I'll give three examples.
Instead of one civ each for Alligator men and Saltwater Crocodile men, you have Crocodillian Caliphate, with males and females of the two species making up four castes in one mega-race.
Instead of Leopard men, Cheetah men, Bobcat men etc., you have the Big Cat Brotherhood of all of them, with however many castes are needed for males and females of the chosen species.
Instead of fox men, dingo men, wolf men etc. you have the Canine Confederacy.

If it's done that way, world gen will be more managable from the lower number of possible civs.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2019, 01:35:49 pm »

Can you tell us what the max resolution of tilesets the graphics will support is? Like 64x64?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2019, 07:11:33 pm »

Can you tell us what the max resolution of tilesets the graphics will support is? Like 64x64?
same as now, there is no Max resolution, it all depends on your screen size and on how many tiles you want to see.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Blackworth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2019, 09:31:17 am »

Thanks for the update meph. we are glad you are working on making a great game even greater. I can not wait to get everything flushed out in masterworks. My orks are depressive guys. lol.

Keep us in the loop
Pages: 1 2 [3]