Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress is comming to Steam  (Read 8176 times)

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress is comming to Steam
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2019, 02:58:40 pm »

Myths and Magic is next after the steam release.

Magic! Hell yeah!  8)
In 2021 or later ;)
Dwarf fortress has the longest dev cycle I know of. But it worth every second...
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2019, 04:28:04 pm »

Magic! Hell yeah!  8)
In 2021 or later ;)
Dwarf fortress has the longest dev cycle I know of. But it worth every second...

Absolutely.  8) Even tho I wasn't playing for years, I spent countless hours playing DF since ~2005. I am going to wait for the Steam release now, and start playing again. I suppose it will be released around mid summer? 1 more thing. I hope that full mouse support will be added for the Steam version. I always missed it.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 04:32:40 pm by gimli »

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2019, 04:37:49 pm »

Are you sure? That's not what was said earlier on Discord. Quoting from a quote as I wasn't there, but didn't he say he'd be working on the other pre-Mythgen candidates (armies, medical, etc) before the big wait?

From Toady on the Discord:

> re: schedule.  Villains -> fixes -> code for steam -> steam release -> whatever panicky stuff needs to be fixed -> pre-magic other stuff (armies, adv med, wtvr) -> magic big wait.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 04:46:27 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2019, 04:52:31 pm »

Are you sure? That's not what was said earlier on Discord. Quoting from a quote as I wasn't there, but didn't he say he'd be working on the other pre-Mythgen candidates (armies, medical, etc) before the big wait?

> re: schedule.  Villains -> fixes -> code for steam -> steam release -> whatever panicky stuff needs to be fixed -> pre-magic other stuff (armies, adv med, wtvr) -> magic big wait.
Magic is the next big thing; the rest are smaller updates. I thought that's what he was asking about, the next big-wait update. Your answer is much more precise. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2019, 04:54:57 pm »

Magic is the next big thing; the rest are smaller updates. I thought that's what he was asking about, the next big-wait update. Your answer is much more precise. :)
I'm kind of expecting a sudden new rabbit hole when it comes to armies...

Grand Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2019, 07:37:31 pm »

Agreed Shonai ;)

As for the steam version, I kinda hope that the Ascii version gets updated first or something. I mean, that makes sense, right? Especially since the Ascii-players could get the early buggy releases, while Steam only has (relatively) stable releases, but later. Anyone with more insight with me, who can shine more light on this?
Dwarf Fortress: This feature has one or more outstanding bugs. Please visit the Bugs section for details.

And I drank the mosquito paste

Showbiz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2019, 09:48:32 pm »

Any plans to update and extend the Masterwork Mod with the Steam Update Meph?
I plan to have some form of it ready on launch day, yes. Including fitting sprites that match the official tileset.
Wow, great news!
Pardon for my mistakes
english isn't my native language

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2019, 09:44:11 am »

Yes, here as well. Especially because mid-level travel map command is something that requires a version of the map rewrite. And requires young adventurers to go up the ranks. And because it contains stuff like improved sieges and digging invaders. and and and...
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2019, 11:09:32 am »

And because it contains stuff like improved sieges and digging invaders. and and and...

Oh, improved sieges [including digging enemies and stuff] are still not implemented after all these years? Damn... :-[

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2019, 11:28:39 am »

No, but you can sent out your own Dwarves to go bother the other forts, will all the Fun that implies.

And invaders, while they cannot dig yet, they have learned a few more tricks ;)

(Let's not spoil gimli on the new tricks the invaders know)
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2019, 04:18:07 pm »

Agreed Shonai ;)

As for the steam version, I kinda hope that the Ascii version gets updated first or something. I mean, that makes sense, right? Especially since the Ascii-players could get the early buggy releases, while Steam only has (relatively) stable releases, but later. Anyone with more insight with me, who can shine more light on this?
Steam has support for multiple versions under Properties. They could have a Stable branch, Unstable branch, and a number of past versions (after the Steam-compatible release.)
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2019, 02:53:08 pm »

*gives the thumbs up sign*

Unless I can use Xenomorph's ASCII tile set on Steam...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'll probably default to Patreon. Have a pure singleminded fixation with this set of tiles.

Personal aesthetics aside, congrats to the DF team.

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2019, 12:19:25 am »

Been a long while since I’ve been on the forums as well, gimli. Just wanted to hop on and give my support to the project! I am very excited for it and will be buying it immediately on release. It’s been a good year since I’ve played as well, so it will be fun to play with a new UI and new features!
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

Jostino

• Bay Watcher
  • dig dig dig in the deepy shadows
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2019, 09:58:02 am »

Any direct link about the AMA on this new release on steam? I can't find anything on r/gamedev or r/dwarffortress
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 11:37:51 am by Jostino »

Sorg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • EnglishWithCoffee
Intelligent is a strong word to use around DF.
you're lucky it wasn't an adventurer.  I've heard they can bash your skull in by throwing water at you.  UNDERWATER
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4