Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Steam DF - Questions and discussion for tileset authors  (Read 68740 times)

waterphage13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steam DF - Questions and discussion for tileset authors
« Reply #75 on: November 25, 2020, 03:06:59 pm »

Code: [Select]
[TILE_PAGE:MOON_WEATHER]
[FILE:example/moon_weather.png]
[TILE_DIM:32:32]
[PAGE_DIM_PIXELS:320:32]

[TILE_GRAPHICS:MOON_WEATHER:0:0:MOON_WAXING_CRESCENT]
[TILE_GRAPHICS:MOON_WEATHER:1:0:MOON_WAXING_HALF_MOON]
[TILE_GRAPHICS:MOON_WEATHER:2:0:MOON_WAXING_GIBBOUS]
[TILE_GRAPHICS:MOON_WEATHER:3:0:MOON_FULL_MOON]
[TILE_GRAPHICS:MOON_WEATHER:4:0:MOON_WANING_GIBBOUS]
[TILE_GRAPHICS:MOON_WEATHER:5:0:MOON_WANING_HALF_MOON]
[TILE_GRAPHICS:MOON_WEATHER:6:0:MOON_WANING_CRESCENT]
OK, we know how to make one tile. But what about tile randomization and animation? Like :R:n:i:i+1:...:i+n-1: or :A:n:i:i+1:...:i+n-1: in TWBT? And what about 100K or 200K sprites tilesets? Has loading lags/crashes been cured?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 03:09:56 pm by waterphage13 »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #76 on: November 25, 2020, 04:43:48 pm »

There isn't any of that in the files right now. But since it doesn't use the same basis as TWBT at all, you won't find any shared issues.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

waterphage13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 25, 2020, 05:29:28 pm »

There isn't any of that in the files right now. But since it doesn't use the same basis as TWBT at all, you won't find any shared issues.
As I see, you has done natural tiles randomization, any plans to implement this TWBT features? I know that this things usually may be be used not often, but they make picture much smoothier when they used.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 05:33:55 pm by waterphage13 »

Rust_Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • Click signature for DF Procedural Portraits!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 04, 2020, 11:32:40 am »

Not sure if this was asked before, but will the Steam release make humans and other civilizations take care of their hair?
From what I picked up from the forums, they simply let it grow to a very long size and never trim it/shave it.

I'm curious how this would be reflected by the DF Steam tilesets.
More than enough, it already poses some problems to our own portrait generator mod since it's supposed to read the actual textual description and make a portrait out of it.
DWARF VISION - REALTIME IN-GAME DF PORTRAIT GENERATOR

Every little bit of your help on our Patreon GREATLY fuels our energy to further develop DWARF VISION !

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
  • Embark Profile Enthusiast, Kitfox & reddit mod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 04, 2020, 04:41:11 pm »

Not sure if this was asked before, but will the Steam release make humans and other civilizations take care of their hair?
From what I picked up from the forums, they simply let it grow to a very long size and never trim it/shave it.

I'm curious how this would be reflected by the DF Steam tilesets.
More than enough, it already poses some problems to our own portrait generator mod since it's supposed to read the actual textual description and make a portrait out of it.

I know Armok Vision Rose was talking to Mayday the other day about this and human baby beards (Armok Vision also reads the raws for hairstyles), and it sounded like Mayday was going to ask Toady for a fix. Here's hoping!
Team Bug Fix!

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 04, 2020, 05:15:43 pm »

(...extend the Shearer job/skill to hairdressing/non-barbarous barbering/hair-styling. Autogenerate a Meeting-type job between those who feel they're over-hairy (or as prompted hy spouses/parents of same) and a willingly receptive (+hopefully good) Shearer. Quality levels can apply to all separate areas of head hair, with poorer attempts inflicting at least some scarring. Not a tileset issue, of course, except for linking to quality-related hair/moustache/beard styles. The portrait-generator generators can do their own thing, of course!)

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 09, 2021, 09:38:32 am »

Reddit message about wagons
The wagon cargo are four sprites for 25%, 50%, 75% and 100% capacity. They don't reflect the actual content of the wagon. It's mostly to distinguish empty from full wagons and to see how far the traders are with unloading.

How many sprites needed to cover all directions of movement?
With an empty wagon obviously one sprite (3x3 or 3x4) is enough.
There is certainly a suspicion that the wagon rotates, but the cargo does not, but it does not look very good.

Below is a picture with a template, could you fill it out - for one capacity type?

P.S. The obvious suggestion-advice: for nice oblique look of the any moving machine needed three direction sprites - up, down, right (left is mirrored right.)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #82 on: May 10, 2021, 10:56:47 am »

Vordak: It's the same 4 sprites, regardless of the wagon orientation. I'm aware that it's false perspective.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 11, 2021, 01:57:11 am »

For now they are to assemble more unique-looking civ members based on hair style, clothing, weapons and armor. We didn't count out missing limbs, but it's one of the optional features for later on to maybe work on. Obviously that's on Tarns end, not ours. But in theory it would be supported by the sprites we use. Closely related to bodyparts, because clothing goes to specific bodyparts. ;)

I have the file open in photoshop as I type this, so have a look:

We do have a set of equipped weapons and most clothing items, so right now my goal is to make a set per civ and give them a different style. Some character and visual help to keep civ-units apart.
If civs have different styles, will a weapon you loot change looks, or it is the crafting civ that counts?
Also what about an outsider adventurer than?
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 04, 2021, 04:02:01 pm »

Had this in the wrong thread accidentally:

The purple miasma certainly gets the point across - don't go here, it's NASTY!  But... I'm wondering if you might consider making it transparent?   I never thought it was right that we can't even see what's underneath the stench cloud.  Then again, it does add a little bit of !FUN! by way of potential surprises.
FPS in Gravearmor (850+ dwarves) is 3-6 (v0.47.05 lives on).
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 04, 2021, 06:55:42 pm »

...while this might have been the best place to ask such a question, I haven't seen (nor looked for) any indication that the new artist is as primed to answer questions as Meph, in particular, might have been. And I understand Meph is now standing well back to avoid any implied impropriety in the insider knowledge, so unlikely to be saying if this was already being discussed (or finalised) in his stint.

Not to pre-empt any official (or at least previously qualified) word on this, but it's possible you won't get a quick answer (or even non-answer/"thinking about it" response).

I spotted the question only as a "new replies to your posts" check, I have not fully (or even significantly) been keeping up-to-date on any threads that I'd need to more widely check "unread since last visit" or scanning "Official DF Tileset..." at the sub-board level. More rigorous lurkers/participators may know for sure. Something I haven't read, or even have read (maybe in the context of the parallel concept of the Z-depth fogging effect?) but escapes me.

TL;DR; - I don't know. I'm not too sure anyone who definitely knows will be here very quickly. I imagine it's possibly been discussed, but without total conviction so don't quote me on that. Good luck, though!.

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 05, 2021, 07:15:48 am »

No worries in any case, having posted the question (properly located or improperly located, both locations have legitimate merit, imho), I peacefully rest in the belief that it will be noted by those that are in a position to be involved in taking it as a suggestion; a resolution is not really that important in the end for my DF gaming experience, as either opaque or transparent miasma will do just fine.  My only two three regrets are 1) using the purple font because it makes it difficult to read on certain background colors, and 2) making the previous sentence so grammatically convoluted and likely improper English, and 3) being very tired at the moment, thus being uncertain of 2).
FPS in Gravearmor (850+ dwarves) is 3-6 (v0.47.05 lives on).
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
  • Embark Profile Enthusiast, Kitfox & reddit mod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 05, 2021, 04:42:28 pm »

Let's not overly romanticize our sudden loss of access to official answers, though.
I note that the question prior has sat without so much as an "I don't know, we'll see" since August.
Team Bug Fix!

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 14, 2022, 03:54:19 pm »

graphics_creatures_layered.txt
Need full information about what kind of token is possible there at all?
Below I will give the lines I am interested in with comments and questions about them.

Spoiler: Colors of clothing (click to show/hide)

Where to ask such questions at all to get an official answer, and not the thoughts of other fellow modders?

Upd. Thanks for answers and recommendations, I ask these and some other questions in FotF.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2022, 12:04:01 pm by Vordak »

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #89 on: December 14, 2022, 04:33:17 pm »

@Vordak

Putnam might have some knowledge, since they helped Toady to some extent setting things up, and also knew of some tokens like LOG_CURRENT_ENTRY. Otherwise you should have to ask in the Future of the Fortress thread.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7