Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 178

Author Topic: Steam/Itch.io tileset - Mayday/Ironhand - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 435625 times)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steam/Itch.io tileset - Mayday/Meph - Discussion and Suggestions
« Reply #2535 on: February 25, 2021, 05:35:12 pm »

Does the choice to have statues reflect their descriptions more remain (for modded sets) or are you going with "one main subject, one graphic"?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2536 on: February 25, 2021, 05:42:33 pm »

Does the choice to have statues reflect their descriptions more remain (for modded sets) or are you going with "one main subject, one graphic"?
I'm afraid I don't fully grasp the question.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: February 25, 2021, 06:00:24 pm »

What i believe the question was, is:

Will there be code support for modded tilesets to show the "action" of a statue, in addition to the subject?

That might be more of a question for Toady.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: February 25, 2021, 06:01:32 pm »

What i believe the question was, is:

Will there be code support for modded tilesets to show the "action" of a statue, in addition to the subject?

That might be more of a question for Toady.
It's a question for the official graphics thread. Oh, that's here.
Thanks for clarifying my question.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2539 on: February 25, 2021, 06:07:33 pm »

I understand now.

Right now, no. If I ask Toady nicely, most likely.

That being said, there are 55 "actions" and around 1000 statue sprites, so if you were to make one each, you are looking at 55.000 sprites. It's also difficult to make a mountain that is praying, or a dodecahedral dodecahedron that is screaming. Hence why my idea was emoji-like faces on the pedestal.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: February 25, 2021, 08:22:47 pm »

I feel like just a few major actions for the major dwarfs would be reasonable. Like a dwarf in a triumphant pose and a dwarf who's dead, but not that for every possibility.

Is there anything for multiple dwarfs surrounding a dwarf? (I imagine no, it was hard enough getting that working in 3D)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: February 25, 2021, 08:28:09 pm »

Did you add the skeletal death-god statues too?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2542 on: February 26, 2021, 03:00:07 am »

Rose: Different poses would mean different poses of clothing and armor and weapons too. :/

There isn't anything for statues with multiple objects. It's just not enough space.

Shonai_Dweller: No skeletal death-god statues. ^^

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: February 26, 2021, 04:03:45 am »

Rose: Different poses would mean different poses of clothing and armor and weapons too. :/

There isn't anything for statues with multiple objects. It's just not enough space.

Shonai_Dweller: No skeletal death-god statues. ^^
Oh no. So, a death god depicted as a skeletal dwarf will just be a dwarf? Surely the first thing everyone builds for their temples is a depiction of the god?  :)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: February 26, 2021, 05:45:04 am »

I imagine the existing skeletal dwarf will have been/will be easy[FCVO] to statuify. That it's a pale immitation of the True Death God is always going to happen.

If Meph's right about it being difficult to repose statue graphics (for 'attitude' reasons) because that'd ruin the integratuon of wearables/holdables then perhaps some additional acutriments can be added according to availability and the applicable lore (SQUEAK!!!)...

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
  • Embark Profile Enthusiast, Kitfox & reddit mod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: February 26, 2021, 06:50:56 am »

"In later years, much of the blame for the delays behind the initial 2037 Premium release of Dwarf Fortress on Steam would fall on Patrick Martin "Meph" Schroeder and his contributions to the 645,000 base and combinatory tiles of the Mayday/Meph tileset, although existing contemporaneous records indicate he was in fact heavily encouraged by various community members in his growing mania. While historical record frees Meph from the full guilt for events that led to the tragedy, nevertheless those fatal hours in May 2029 were likely written in stone as early as 2021."
The Strange Legal Legacy of The West's Favorite Game :Alpha Dwarf Fortress, and the Men Who Died to Defend It.
Harvard Press, McMasters and Long, et al., Boston, 2052.
Team Bug Fix!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2546 on: February 26, 2021, 06:58:56 am »

"LIES! LIES! FAKE NEWS! It's the UIs fault. The evil socialcommunistical graphical user interface, it leeches time right from Toadys brain! It's the truth. You have to believe me! Drawing 14.836 sprites for cheese doesn't take time at all. We should apply gem-cuts to cheese! Cabochon cheese, Pearl cut brie, tapered baguette cut gouda, tetrahedral tetrahedrons of dwarven maggot cheese, this is all NECESSARY for player enjoyment!!!"
Some rando yelling on the internet.

Alex Jones Jr. Jr., the III of his name, Confederate US, 2052.

Picture unrelated:

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: February 26, 2021, 07:27:38 am »

Drawing 14.836 sprites for cheese doesn't take time at all.
Ah. I see. You're doing a bare minimum graphics set and just lazily re-using for the other 90%.

(Tell me you're still doing petit chèvre, bleu petit chèvre, organic petit chèvre, organic bleu petit chèvre, bleu organic petit chèvre, grande petit chèvre and grande petit chèvres bleu, organic and organic<+>bleu, at least..?)

« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 11:25:19 am by Starver »

ror6ax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: February 26, 2021, 10:27:43 am »

Picture unrelated:

See, now just make them yellow and there's cheese.
And maybe some blueish veins for roquefort...

*ducks*
Proficient at setting myself on fire in Adventure mode.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: February 26, 2021, 05:42:22 pm »

See, now just make them yellow and there's cheese.
And maybe some blueish veins for roquefort...

*ducks*

*quacks*

Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 178