Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 178

Author Topic: Steam/Itch.io tileset - Mayday/Ironhand - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 436177 times)

Seradest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steam/Itch.io tileset - Mayday/Meph - Discussion and Suggestions
« Reply #615 on: June 01, 2019, 05:41:04 am »

What the heck, this seems to be harmless enough. Plant_standard.txt. Criticism always welcome.

Helmet Plumb = thicker stems pls
Pot sweet = looks to flat
Tuber bloated = pls make more colors on it so i can look like some lightsource is shining on it
Berries straw = make them 10% bigger so you can add seeds on their surface
Weed blade = to symetric for something "nature" has made
silver barb = you dont need an dark outline is the darkest part of the plant and the colors lookto smooth make harder steps from light to dark so it fits well with all the other pixel arts
Berry sun =  make the yellow berrys a little bigger and in the left top corner more shiny so that the look rounder and not so flat.

when you want i can doo all this ?  i dont want anything for it i only need the original files

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #616 on: June 01, 2019, 05:44:13 am »

Thanks for the detailed feedback. ☺️

You can modify the files all you want, but I don't think community created sprites will go into the commercial df version. There are laws and such. 😉

Also: hahaha, I love this (please dont murder me). It's always fun seeing feedback on mods and sprites: two people commented on the strawberries: #1 says they are too large and should be smaller. #2 says they are too small and should be made bigger. 😆
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 05:46:18 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Seradest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: June 01, 2019, 05:49:02 am »

Thanks for the detailed feedback. ☺️

You can modify the files all you want, but I don't think community created sprites will go into the commercial df version. There are laws and such. 😉

Also: hahaha, I love this (please dont murder me). It's always fun seeing feedback on mods and sprites: two people commented on the strawberries: #1 says they are too large and should be smaller. #2 says they are too small and should be made bigger. 😆

wait dont you make sprites here for the steam version ?????

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #618 on: June 01, 2019, 05:52:04 am »

I do, yes. Mike mayday too. We are both under contract. You are not. If you were to make changes to any sprites, Tarn isn't allowed to use them commercially anymore. (Or to be more precise: kitfox games)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Seradest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: June 01, 2019, 05:55:05 am »

I do, yes. Mike mayday too. We are both under contract. You are not. If you were to make changes to any sprites, Tarn isn't allowed to use them commercially anymore. (Or to be more precise: kitfox games)

ah ok than i can only help you by tips not by making art
that is ok too 

the strawberry have to much green on their top the real ones has green that only makes 5-10% of the whole mass of the berry
and the berrys need little pixel points on them that are a little darker than the rest

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: June 01, 2019, 08:02:03 am »

Shouldn't dimple cups (♥) be cup mushrooms?

I'm pretty sure sliver barbs are black...
Only the dye is. Plant is dark gray, seeds are red.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 08:10:53 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Seradest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: June 01, 2019, 08:35:28 am »

so best pixel tutorials ae this here. they helped me many many times https://www.hongkiat.com/blog/pixel-art-tutorials/

Seradest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steam DF tileset - Mayday/Meph - Discussion and Suggestions
« Reply #622 on: June 01, 2019, 11:08:13 am »

Bit of both?

I added my shading on top of Mikes shading (only for the current zlvl, not the one above or below):

it makes no sence visual to make an ramp from ground to top at full block size.......

solution 1
make the ramp always only 25-50% of an full cell/block or my solution...

Solution 2
dont make any ramps just miniblocks that dont block the player/enemy/animal visual but make sense you can climb/walk up when it is not to high

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #623 on: June 01, 2019, 01:52:29 pm »

That makes no sense at all.

They are ramps, not steps. Just try to teach a wagon to move up that vertical wall you painted.

We are not making a sidescroller...

Seradest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: June 01, 2019, 02:15:42 pm »

That makes no sense at all.

They are ramps, not steps. Just try to teach a wagon to move up that vertical wall you painted.

We are not making a sidescroller...

ok sorry

BUT pls make the ramps in your prototype picture 75% shorter ,they are so long that wehn an dwarf let only one block untouched and stands directl next to the block ,that he stands to high above because of the ramp

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: June 01, 2019, 02:20:15 pm »

But that's exactly how they function?

The ramps in meph's picture are exactly how ramps actually are.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #626 on: June 01, 2019, 02:47:12 pm »

Mike Mayday has also improved them greatly since that picture was posted.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: June 01, 2019, 03:13:53 pm »

Wait, really?

Pictures! Pictures pictures pictures!
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Seradest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: June 01, 2019, 04:09:10 pm »

Mike Mayday has also improved them greatly since that picture was posted.

that make no sense on you picture at the point where the dwarf stands is only 1 block !
and this block is one level high
the ramps are also 1 block long  i dont know but this is to extreme it makes no sense visually  because when you dig an 1 block wide corridor you hafe 2 ramps from both sides that stuck together

pls make an 1block corridor with the graphic option you tested and you can see it for yourself

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #629 on: June 01, 2019, 05:21:41 pm »

What the... ?

Of course the ramps are exactly 1 tile in size. And if there is a corridor with ramps up in two directions, it will show them correctly. They are context sensitive.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 178