Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 178

Author Topic: Steam/Itch.io tileset - Mayday/Ironhand - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 430388 times)

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steam/Itch.io tileset - Mayday/Meph - Discussion and Suggestions
« Reply #720 on: July 10, 2019, 10:46:15 pm »

That being said, forgotten beasts should use correct sprites for their limbs, wings, etc, so I think at the very least, the basis should be there. Even if mifki has to TWBT-magic it together in the end for us modders. ^^

Very cool, the possibility of modded races being able to mix and match body part sprites to retain the game's look is really exciting.
You could do that anyway by just modding the sprites and manually frankensteining bits together.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #721 on: July 11, 2019, 07:10:12 am »

True.

I could try to keep a file with just arms and legs and wings and heads around in a table. ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: July 11, 2019, 08:45:58 pm »

That being said, forgotten beasts should use correct sprites for their limbs, wings, etc, so I think at the very least, the basis should be there. Even if mifki has to TWBT-magic it together in the end for us modders. ^^

Very cool, the possibility of modded races being able to mix and match body part sprites to retain the game's look is really exciting.
You could do that anyway by just modding the sprites and manually frankensteining bits together.

Well I don't know how far you guys are planning ahead, but if Toady eventually wants to have (at least as an option) ALL races be totally procedurally generated, something like this would seem to be to be the only option for actually doing that.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #723 on: July 19, 2019, 05:55:46 am »

Just a little update: creatures, creatures, creatures. That's what we are working on atm.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: July 20, 2019, 01:40:12 pm »

Hum, will regular, raw-editable creatures going to be (able to) utilize "some assembly required" spritesheets as FBs?

Pillbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: July 20, 2019, 02:05:02 pm »

Just a little update: creatures, creatures, creatures. That's what we are working on atm.

Any you can post?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #726 on: July 20, 2019, 05:55:54 pm »

Hum, will regular, raw-editable creatures going to be (able to) utilize "some assembly required" spritesheets as FBs?

Maybe. Currently planned for civ members and procedurally generated creatures, but not used for regular creatures.

Any you can post?
Maybe Mike will post some. ☺️ We are working on regular surface animals at the moment,nothing super exciting.

deathisinevitable

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: August 01, 2019, 01:10:09 am »

Howdy! Meph and Mike, y'all are doing a fantastic job at making sprites that look nice, fit together, and are easy to intuit what they represent. The animals are so cute, and I like the latest ramps by Mayday, that have clear boundaries, shading, and a good sense of scale.

I have a question that is only partially related to this thread, but I'm not sure where else to put it: Meph - will you be integrating your own tileset with the extra graphical abilities that Tarn is going to program for the commercial edition? Will you add your map tileset to your game tileset? Also, will your tileset be available with all the Meph Launcher features on Steam? Although I like the Official Tileset for its ease of access and gamelike feel, I will probably usually play using the Meph textures as they are more immersive to me.

Super excited to see your updates on creatures!! Keep up the good work!!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #728 on: August 01, 2019, 07:59:51 am »

In general: Yes. I don't know what Mifki plans to do with TWBT, but I can port some of my tileset to the new DF. That being said, I might end up in Westafrica this winter for 3 months, so in that time I can't do much when it comes to DF/online things.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: August 03, 2019, 11:28:34 pm »

In general: Yes. I don't know what Mifki plans to do with TWBT, but I can port some of my tileset to the new DF. That being said, I might end up in Westafrica this winter for 3 months, so in that time I can't do much when it comes to DF/online things.
If you find yourself in the eastern Yoruba villages of primarily non-Yoruba areas, see if you can confirm the origin of the word Lucumí.

Lomax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: August 15, 2019, 07:19:56 pm »

I've just finished reading all 49 pages of this thread, and with great interest too! Very impressed with the quality and attention to detail - not to mention the mindboggling complexity of all the sprite variations (profession, hair, clothes, armor, weapons, etc). I'm curious to hear if you've got any tools for assembling a complete sprite based on a given set of properties, or if you manually compose each variant (e.g. in Photoshop)?

Thanks for giving us a glimpse of the future, and for opening up to community feedback - a little foolhardy, perhaps, but a commendable effort :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #731 on: August 24, 2019, 07:14:59 pm »

I've just finished reading all 49 pages of this thread, and with great interest too! Very impressed with the quality and attention to detail - not to mention the mindboggling complexity of all the sprite variations (profession, hair, clothes, armor, weapons, etc). I'm curious to hear if you've got any tools for assembling a complete sprite based on a given set of properties, or if you manually compose each variant (e.g. in Photoshop)?

Thanks for giving us a glimpse of the future, and for opening up to community feedback - a little foolhardy, perhaps, but a commendable effort :)
So far we've been doing everything in Photoshop, but the plan is to have the large variations partly based on raws. Especially when it comes to civ members (hair/skin color, equipment) and procedurally generated creatures like Titans, FBs, demons, etc.

Have I ever posted these? ;) (It's been a while since anyone posted anything here ^^)

Wokko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: August 24, 2019, 07:35:56 pm »

If those are weapon racks (third from the bottom), then it's better to make them look straight and organized, instead of messy and disorganized. Weapon racks' purpose is a proper storage of weapons after all.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: August 24, 2019, 10:35:40 pm »

Also the weapon racks and armor stands showing them being used are innacurate. They don't actually ever get used in-game :P

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: August 24, 2019, 10:43:18 pm »

Also the weapon racks and armor stands showing them being used are innacurate. They don't actually ever get used in-game :P
Clearly, Meph is an optimist. ;)

Everything there looks lovely! What are those horizontal bar things below the bookshelves?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 178