Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 178

Author Topic: Steam/Itch.io tileset - Mayday/Ironhand - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 433872 times)

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
Re: Steam/Itch.io tileset - Mayday/Meph - Discussion and Suggestions
« Reply #810 on: January 20, 2020, 12:30:29 pm »

Interesting how Toady is friends with those guys for some time and is okay with it all, but fans are incredibly protective of Toady, Tarn and their masterpiece.
In a time before time, I had a name.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #811 on: January 20, 2020, 12:34:51 pm »

It's a big change. ^^
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Wokko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: February 04, 2020, 12:20:42 am »

Any news? Maybe some new sprites?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #813 on: February 04, 2020, 12:28:44 pm »

Nope. Mike and me are pretty much waiting on Tarn to finish the bugfix villains, before everyone delves into the graphics proper.

Once we have sprites, I will make sure to share some.

Have some of Mike's gorlaks and green devourers in the meantime. Not sure if he ever posted them here. ;)

::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #814 on: February 04, 2020, 12:33:29 pm »

Nope. Mike and me are pretty much waiting on Tarn to finish the bugfix villains, before everyone delves into the graphics proper.

Once we have sprites, I will make sure to share some.

Have some of Mike's gorlaks and green devourers in the meantime. Not sure if he ever posted them here. ;)

Always imagined gorlaks as more yellow
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #815 on: February 04, 2020, 12:56:14 pm »

That's pretty much the same thing Tarn said. ;) They will be recolored to goldenrod.  ;)

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #816 on: February 04, 2020, 01:21:31 pm »

That's pretty much the same thing Tarn said. ;) They will be recolored to goldenrod.  ;)
Good to hear. You guys are doing an awesome job so far. (there is one other issue ive had with past screenshots, troll zombies should probabbly have cyan insides/blood instead of red insides/blood but maybe that's already changed)
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #817 on: February 04, 2020, 03:42:58 pm »

Yep, that was mentioned instantly on the discord chat on announcement day. Curiously enough, Tarn liked the gory troll with red blood, never corrected me on the cyan color. He probably had other things on his mind.

Intigracy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: February 04, 2020, 10:14:40 pm »

Have you considered a rounded look for the ramps?

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: February 09, 2020, 02:29:00 am »

Are we able to make graphics packs for the steamitch version of the game? Is the new graphics format much different? Do you think there would be any point to porting classic packs like Phoebus and Spacefox to the new format?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: February 09, 2020, 04:29:29 am »

Are we able to make graphics packs for the steamitch version of the game? Is the new graphics format much different? Do you think there would be any point to porting classic packs like Phoebus and Spacefox to the new format?
It's probably too early to tell how much different the full format will be. However, since the baseline tileset of DF will be a character one, I don't see why it should be pointless to port classic tile only sets, although they would eventually have to compete with full alternative graphics sets (as well as the commercial one, for paying customers).

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
  • Embark Profile Enthusiast, Kitfox & reddit mod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: February 09, 2020, 04:52:14 am »

I don't have any technical answers, but I sure hope someone does, because as I understand it the new graphics format is going to be the only graphics format. If no one updates older tilesets, vanilla won't have any tilesets.
Team Bug Fix!

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: February 09, 2020, 05:31:38 am »

Is the Bay12games version of Dwarf Fortress going to be able to use graphics packs in the new format? I thought we would still need the old graphics format for the Bay12games version.

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
  • Embark Profile Enthusiast, Kitfox & reddit mod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: February 09, 2020, 06:16:09 am »

We've been assured repeatedly by both Bay12 and Kitfox that the only difference between "Premium" and "Classic" will be the actual art assets, sound assets, and Steam Workshop support. The underlying code will be the same.

Toady's no more interested in supporting two completely different releases than the modding community is, which is great for everyone.
Team Bug Fix!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #824 on: February 09, 2020, 11:30:43 am »

On my phone, please excuse the brevity.

Current tilesets will still work, but will need updating for two reasons:
- updating to the new set of base files, like any tileset does for every regular new df version.
- new sprites, if they want to make full use of the new graphics; or remapping old sprites to remain looking like they are.

So Phoebus could look like it always did, but over time people might improve it by adding new sprites, just like they did with twbt.

The paid and free versions will be identical as far as tileset authors and modders are concerned and should be interchangeable. Only big change is that the steam graphics are copyrighted and can only be used with the paid version.

ASCII version will be available too of course, most likely with an ingame toggle, similar to the truetype font and tile-based font are switched atm.

Rounded ramps is something I'll do for my own private set. ;)

Any questions I missed?
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 178