Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 178

Author Topic: Steam/Itch.io tileset - Mayday/Ironhand - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 430411 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Steam/Itch.io tileset - Mayday/Meph - Discussion and Suggestions
« Reply #885 on: February 24, 2020, 02:53:41 pm »

Toady chimes in on occasion. So far he likes the sprites. ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #886 on: February 24, 2020, 04:37:46 pm »

Yeah, I always check out a creature's DF wiki entry and almost always use a crayon drawing as inspiration if available. But if there is none, I prefer to work from imagination and just count on Toady to correct me if I'm way off.

Some edits and minor stuff:

I'm very happy with this nightwing:
<3

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #887 on: February 24, 2020, 05:12:35 pm »

That is a cool nightwing! I like he aardvarks and the sponge, and the little buck-teeth on the molemarian. The giant mole definitely looks more finished to me now :).

Oh and rats come in three sizes right: normal, large and giant. Am I right to assume the one shown here is the giant one?
There are also demon rats, but I suppose those are just meaner red normal rats, who bleed goo for some reason.

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #888 on: February 25, 2020, 03:41:32 am »

Yeah, that's the giant rat - and I think Meph did the demon rat some time ago already.
<3

Wokko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: February 25, 2020, 03:53:54 am »

This one looks flat, almost Rimworld-esque.

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #890 on: February 25, 2020, 04:51:50 am »

Yeah, I noticed it when I made the giant version, it's gonna be updated, same as the giant rat.
<3

Hans Lemurson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: February 26, 2020, 02:45:44 pm »

I'm a big fan of the Reacher.  It just looks so grabby and creepy.  Makes my neck uncomfortable looking at it.
Foolprooof way to penetrate aquifers of unlimited depth.  (Make sure to import at least 10 stones for mechanisms)
Toughen Dwarves by dropping stuff on them.  (Nothing too heavy though, and make sure to wear armor.)
"Urist had a little lamb
whose feet tracked blighted soot.
And into every face he saw
his sooty foot he put."

Pillbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: February 26, 2020, 04:14:25 pm »

The changes to the Rutherer look good to me.

darkhog

• Bay Watcher
  • JAGIELSKI is PERFECTION
    • View Profile
    • Jagielski Gaming YT channel
« Reply #893 on: February 26, 2020, 07:12:31 pm »

I would like to see the parts that would eventually be used to frankenstein megabeasts/titans from them.
I am a dwarf and I'm digging a hole. Diggy Diggy hole, diggy diggy hole.

If I say something funny, don't ask if you can sig it. Just do it (though credit me).

Wokko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: February 26, 2020, 11:36:45 pm »

I've read through the entire thread some time ago, but the answer to the question of realistic depiction of dwarves' beards and hair was vague. I remember that "it's too hard and unfeasible" was said, but also I remember several pictures with beards and haircuts sprites. Will the dwarves' look (beards, haircut and skin/eye color) be drawn?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: February 26, 2020, 11:38:20 pm »

My understanding is it's too early to tell.

That said, I really hope that the capability is put in, as well as for showing clothing.

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
  • Embark Profile Enthusiast, Kitfox & reddit mod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: February 27, 2020, 01:28:38 am »

My understanding is it's too early to tell.

That said, I really hope that the capability is put in, as well as for showing clothing.

The ability to color some main portion or portions of clothing based on dye would be a fantastic advance! It would open up a fairly detailed industry (which is currently ignored by most players,) to widespread use. Pretending no one cares about fashion in games (when it's visible,) is so a decade and tens of billions of dollars in DLC skins ago, especially in a game where people regularly mine out colored stone to build elaborate mosaics, and pump magma to cast obsidian for that sweet Black Pyramid action.  (Not that anyone's doing that, I'm sure.)

The goblins fear to enter the Black Greeting Hall and face my Bloodcloak Guard!
Team Bug Fix!

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #897 on: February 27, 2020, 04:52:03 am »

That's kind of a Catch 22.
On the one hand, I believe that it's a fantastic use of the ability to display actual clothing colours- though pretty much the only good reason to do it.
On the other hand, we don't want to push Toady to implement changes in the gameplay just for the sake of the graphics update.
And the we don't want to push him to do extra work on graphical functionality to support a gameplay change that won't be there yet.

It's a great prospect and I hope it makes it to the game eventually, but personally I won't be pushing for Tarn to include it in the initial release.
<3

Wokko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: February 27, 2020, 05:26:41 am »

Toady is doing the graphics update anyway, it's not really "pushing". Since the game gets new graphics, it's bound to have new capabilities related to graphics, and sprites representing the actual state of the things is something completely reasonable to expect.
And it's not really "gameplay change that won't be there", cloth dyeing is already ingame, unless I misunderstand what you mean.
I understand that you want Tarn to do only the necessary work on graphics, but things like these are quite important to work on. Even if there won't be different beards/haircuts for dwarves, cloth coloring would be a nice addition.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 05:31:36 am by Wokko »

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #899 on: February 27, 2020, 06:40:30 am »

Ok then, rest assured the idea has been brought up to Toady, so it's now his decision anyway.
<3
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 178