Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 178

Author Topic: Steam/Itch.io tileset - Mayday/Ironhand - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 430488 times)

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
Re: Steam/Itch.io tileset - Mayday/Meph - Discussion and Suggestions
« Reply #2475 on: November 19, 2020, 05:26:56 pm »

Hey guys, by silly conversation on Discord, we had a very bad idea to try streaming the pixelart creation. I'll be working on some giant insects for an hour or so, if you want to drop by and chat, you're more than welcome.
https://www.twitch.tv/mike_mayday
<3

ror6ax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: November 24, 2020, 02:45:19 pm »

re: the font topic

If this was readable it would have been so friggin cool https://imgur.com/a/yntZIGL#b1ArqTH

https://www.fontspace.com/ds-runenglish-2-font-f1730 is quite nice, I mean:

« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 02:52:15 pm by ror6ax »
Proficient at setting myself on fire in Adventure mode.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2477 on: November 24, 2020, 05:23:32 pm »

The font won't be anything like that.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: November 24, 2020, 06:16:30 pm »

I think it's unfortunate that this thread has been moved down a level of hierarchy. It'll be more difficult for users to find it.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Pillbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: November 24, 2020, 08:29:12 pm »

Seems to me that stylistic fonts are often just cool ideas. In reality I'd rather it be simple, clean and readable, there's just too much reading to deal with. Imagine how annoying your DND Player's Handbook would be if they tried to use a theme-appropriate font to set the mood instead of just making it plainly legible.

Play with the logo if you want, but I like this. It's perfectly legible and does exactly what it's supposed to:

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2480 on: November 25, 2020, 05:11:49 am »

We probably do a little bit of rock/metal design, with a dwarf logo on top. Here a mock-up. Overall Tarn mentioned something like the menu resembling a fortress, as an idea. Either way, nothing too fancy, and with a readable font.

::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
  • Embark Profile Enthusiast, Kitfox & reddit mod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: November 25, 2020, 05:38:33 am »

I think it's unfortunate that this thread has been moved down a level of hierarchy. It'll be more difficult for users to find it.

I agree. Moving it to its own spot in "DF Modding" doesn't put it in a more obvious place, which I imagine is the intent.

Moving it to DF General Discussion with Future of the Fortress and Dwarf Fortress Talk, and the two "We Need Your Help" threads, on the other hand, would consolidate the official threads considerably, and put it with the ad hoc Steam announcement thread.

Also, this seems to be in light mode, eww.
Team Bug Fix!

ror6ax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: November 25, 2020, 07:27:31 am »

I really like those stone styled buttons.

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #2483 on: November 25, 2020, 07:32:16 am »

The title screen looks nice :). Will be exciting to see it’s final form.

I hope this is not the death of the subtitle/full name. I know it won’t be used for official marketing, due to it’s confusing nature, but it would still be a shame if ”Slaves to Armok: God of Blood”, ”Chapter II:”, and ”Histories of X and Y” were to go.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: November 25, 2020, 10:09:15 am »

...and I'm sure the (Steam/equivalent) wagon graphics can be adapted(/redone, edge on) to side-scroll onto the opening menu splash.

(Though it wouldn't be a dealbreaker, it'd add to the feeling of continuity.)

ror6ax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: November 25, 2020, 10:28:59 am »

but it would still be a shame if ”Slaves to Armok: God of Blood”, ”Chapter II:”, and ”Histories of X and Y” were to go.

It would make sense as an easter egg, perhaps on a credits/version screen if there ever will be any.

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #2486 on: November 25, 2020, 03:04:45 pm »

I agree. Moving it to its own spot in "DF Modding" doesn't put it in a more obvious place, which I imagine is the intent.

Hey, nope, that wasn't the intent. It was to allow us to have separate discussions in separate topics, rather than keeping all suggestions in one thread, which was getting just impossible to follow for me. I have about 15 minutes or less for browsing this forum per day and I don't want all the great input from the community to go to waste. That's why I asked for the possibility of more structured discussion.

Personally, I'd put it as a sub-forum of the Suggestions forum, this was Tarn's call. Maybe we'll move it later on.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 03:17:40 pm by Mike Mayday »
<3

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: November 25, 2020, 03:32:32 pm »

Hey, nope, that wasn't the intent. It was to allow us to have separate discussions in separate topics, rather than keeping all suggestions in one thread, which was getting just impossible to follow for me. I have about 15 minutes or less for browsing this forum per day and I don't want all the great input from the community to go to waste. That's why I asked for the possibility of more structured discussion.

Personally, I'd put it as a sub-forum of the Suggestions forum, this was Tarn's call. Maybe we'll move it later on.
Hmm. Yes, seems to be a case of "well people are used to tilesets being in modding" thinking. Which forgets that new people or casual forum goers wandering over from Reddit, etc wanting to give input won't ever find it here.

Good start though. Hope the "white scheme" setting is temporary though. Feels like I've fallen into the lower boards...

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #2488 on: November 25, 2020, 03:44:50 pm »

I'm not sure what you guys are talking about, everything's still dark for me. Maybe it's something you set in your personal preferences?

EDIT: ah yes, go to http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=theme and choose the theme "Darkling"
<3

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
  • Embark Profile Enthusiast, Kitfox & reddit mod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: November 25, 2020, 03:59:06 pm »

I'm not sure what you guys are talking about, everything's still dark for me. Maybe it's something you set in your personal preferences?

EDIT: ah yes, go to http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=theme and choose the theme "Darkling"

I'd never have found that if someone I trusted hadn't told me it was there, cheers!

Unfortunately, Suggestions is another place people are unlikely to look, imo.
Team Bug Fix!
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 178