Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 178

Author Topic: Steam/Itch.io tileset - Mayday/Ironhand - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 430470 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Steam/Itch.io tileset - Mayday/Meph - Discussion and Suggestions
« Reply #2550 on: February 26, 2021, 08:55:18 pm »

Looks great!

Any UI improvements and conveniences found in other tilebased roguelikes would be a big help.
Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by a lack of knowledge or understanding. Maybe your own.
'No.' is a complete sentence. —Mary Kate & Ashley

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2551 on: February 26, 2021, 09:04:15 pm »

If you end up doing anything with that I'd volunteer to test as someone with reading comprehension difficulties.

I find Dwarf Fortress hard to learn, but find some roguelikes like the tile Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup very approachable.

Spoiler: image (click to show/hide)

I had fun just watching the simulation, but would love to be able to engage more with DF with some help.
Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by a lack of knowledge or understanding. Maybe your own.
'No.' is a complete sentence. —Mary Kate & Ashley

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: March 02, 2021, 07:24:34 pm »

I know it's been suggested in other places, but I don't recall seeing it in here: It would be handy to have a 1-tile long raised bridge look different than a 1 tile long lowered bridge.  Right now I make all my drawbridges a minimum ot 2 tiles long so I can tell at a glance if it's up or down.

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: March 02, 2021, 08:18:13 pm »

I know it's been suggested in other places, but I don't recall seeing it in here: It would be handy to have a 1-tile long raised bridge look different than a 1 tile long lowered bridge.  Right now I make all my drawbridges a minimum ot 2 tiles long so I can tell at a glance if it's up or down.

That gets a BIG +1 from me!
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2554 on: March 02, 2021, 08:56:09 pm »

You might be positively surprised. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: March 03, 2021, 02:26:14 am »

I look forward to being positively surprised!

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: March 03, 2021, 07:49:59 am »

I wonder if there is a clean way to do something for open floodgates?
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: March 03, 2021, 02:00:09 pm »

I wonder if there is a clean way to do something for open floodgates?

That's a other good one.  What if the 'frame' of the floodgate always remained visible, but the gate part was variable? 
Closed: [X]
Open: [   ]

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2558 on: March 03, 2021, 02:50:33 pm »

Already in. :)

We got door frames, hatch cover frames and floodgate frames.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: March 13, 2021, 11:37:12 am »

I wonder, how all sorts of Animated dead, created from civilized beings, will look like?
Will there be a difference in an appearance between Animated dead and Intelligent undead for civ humanoids?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2560 on: March 13, 2021, 05:50:58 pm »

The plan is to do something separate for skeletons, zombies, intelligent undead, vampires, mummies and necromancers. We haven't worked on that yet though.

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: March 19, 2021, 02:56:51 pm »

Feedback for the elf sprites
It's very difficult for me to tell visually which ones are male and which ones are female. And while this might be expected, as androgynous elves are something of a trope, they all look very distinctly masculine, not androgynous. It has something to do with the severity of the highlights on their faces. It all looks very hard and rugged.

For the humans and dwarves it's a little more obvious. The human/dwarven women have red lips which lets us tell them apart from their non-bearded male counterparts.

I think another big part of the problem is the shared/similar bodies? You'll have to forgive me for these rough examples, but they're enough to convey the point. Just from the silhouette it's obvious which one is male and female.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2562 on: March 19, 2021, 05:48:02 pm »

I see your point, but using different silhouettes is a bit tricky due to the equipment. Either we have to make two sets of every piece of clothing and armor, or the silhouette gets covered as soon as anyone wears any clothes.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: March 19, 2021, 05:49:42 pm »

Meanwhile I'm in the opposite camp where elves and humans are fine, but dwarfs are too different. Either dwarfs should have a slightly smaller head, or elves and humans should have bigger.

Because right now, when they're side by side, it just looks very wrong.

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: March 19, 2021, 05:57:48 pm »

I see your point, but using different silhouettes is a bit tricky due to the equipment. Either we have to make two sets of every piece of clothing and armor, or the silhouette gets covered as soon as anyone wears any clothes.
Fair enough! And as long as there's support for people modding separate male/female bodies and clothing/equipment, I'll be happy enough.
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 178