Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Do werebeasts get thirsty now?  (Read 809 times)

MobRules

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Do werebeasts get thirsty now?
« on: March 13, 2019, 04:31:41 pm »

Hey, all, been a way for a while. Looking forward to trying the new bits about sending out raids :).

I have a bit of a... werelizard problem.

There were two (living) individuals in my fort who were at risk of having become werelizards.

I walled them both off. One of them got thirsty, the other one didn't. I let the thirsty one out... which looks like it may be the mistake that brings down my fort.

I thought that werebeasts didn't get hungry or thirsty? Has this changed? Or have I forgotten something?

Thanks!
Ninja dragons! Protect the masterwork roasts!
Is this biome reanimating? I really don't want to know what happens when "absurd numbers of megabeasts" is combined with "reanimating biomes".

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Do werebeasts get thirsty now?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 04:34:30 pm »

Well, yes, you've missed something... Weres get hungry/thirsty while in their original form, but the hunger/thirst counters are reset when they transform, so they'll never die from hunger/thirst. A slight, but potentially lethal, difference.

MobRules

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2019, 04:41:49 pm »

Well, yes, you've missed something... Weres get hungry/thirsty while in their original form, but the hunger/thirst counters are reset when they transform, so they'll never die from hunger/thirst. A slight, but potentially lethal, difference.

Ah. thanks :). I'm sure I knew that at one point, but I'm a bit rusty.

Yes, in this case it was  a  lethal  FUN! difference.
Ninja dragons! Protect the masterwork roasts!
Is this biome reanimating? I really don't want to know what happens when "absurd numbers of megabeasts" is combined with "reanimating biomes".

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 03:38:00 am »

You may also have been suffering from a mental crossover from vampire detection, as one of the signs of being a vampire is never getting thirsty - an easy connection to make, especially when rust sets in.