Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]

Author Topic: The Steam forum is already toxic (I love Bay12)  (Read 37491 times)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Steam forum is already toxic (I love Bay12)
« Reply #225 on: June 11, 2019, 10:00:47 pm »

Huh. Kitfox didn't really think that one through, I guess... ah well.
Makes sense for a tiny indie firm to assume as much social media coverage as possible is the best policy when you don't have the billions big companies can throw into marketing.

New paradigm is, do that, but consider if doing so will upset the Dwarf Fortress fans first. Will take a while to get used to probably.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 12, 2019, 09:26:53 pm »

Yeah, they probably just consider dwarf fortress "their game" in a way, since they are the publisher now, so it makes sense they would announce thinking they would get to their fans, as opposed to Tarn's. We shouldn't be too hard on them tough. They have the Great Toad's blessing, and it would be horrible if Tarn ended up getting refused later business for "being unable to leverage his base"/"control his fans" or whatever.
In a time before time, I had a name.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 12, 2019, 09:45:45 pm »

That all sounds totally reasonable, if you completely ignore the context and every single statement made before or since!

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 12, 2019, 09:53:15 pm »

That all sounds totally reasonable, if you completely ignore the context and every single statement made before or since!
Alright, I'll be honest and let you have it, they really are being dicks. But still, maybe we should be friendly? Please?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 12, 2019, 10:22:48 pm »

Huh? No, my sarcasm was directed at you.

it would be horrible if Tarn ended up getting refused later business for "being unable to leverage his base"/"control his fans" or whatever.

Because this is a ludicrous accusation that ignores all context and every statement made before or since.

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
  • Embark Profile Enthusiast, Kitfox & reddit mod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 12, 2019, 10:30:36 pm »

Yeah, they probably just consider dwarf fortress "their game" in a way, since they are the publisher now, so it makes sense they would announce thinking they would get to their fans, as opposed to Tarn's. We shouldn't be too hard on them tough. They have the Great Toad's blessing, and it would be horrible if Tarn ended up getting refused later business for "being unable to leverage his base"/"control his fans" or whatever.

Alright, I'll be honest and let you have it, they really are being dicks. But still, maybe we should be friendly? Please?

I'm amazed you're still going on with this after Toady's already made his thoughts clear in the other thread almost a day ago. It's almost like you're just using him for some agenda of your own. He is in a considerably better position to judge the actions of this company (led by a friend he's edited two books with,) than you are.

Consider having some respect for his ability to make his own decisions? He's done fairly well without your help so far, after all.
Team Bug Fix!

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 12, 2019, 10:39:30 pm »

I'm amazed you're still going on with this after Toady's already made his thoughts clear in the other thread almost a day ago. It's almost like you're just using him for some agenda of your own. He is in a considerably better position to judge the actions of this company (led by a friend he's edited two books with,) than you are.

Consider having some respect for his ability to make his own decisions? He's done fairly well without your help so far, after all.
Keep in mind that not everyone will have seen the post you're referring to - I hadn't, for example, although I've easily found it now that you mentioned it.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 12, 2019, 11:29:32 pm »

Huh? No, my sarcasm was directed at you.
I'm confused. Like, really. My reading comprehension just left me and you are free to ignore me. Please PM me details on why I was unpleasant if you still have the patience to do so later.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 13, 2019, 02:26:41 am »

I don't even understand what they're trying to argue about :-\
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]