Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Feedback: Dwarf Fortress Steam Tileset: Move Sun's Angle?  (Read 1257 times)

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
« on: March 14, 2019, 11:53:27 am »

I don't know if it's just me, but looking at the preview screenshots for Dwarf Fortress Steam's hills, it takes me a really long time to see them the right way. Basically, I think we're so used to seeing the sun come from the 'top' of the screen that I keep thinking down-ramps are up-ramps and vice versa because it's coming from the bottom of the screen in this version.

Maybe that's just me, though.

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Feedback: Dwarf Fortress Steam Tileset: Move Sun's Angle?
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 10:21:22 pm »

Hmm. Are we going to need a new Suggestions subforum? Suggestions to Toady, suggestions to Meph and Mayday, suggestions to the music person...

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2019, 03:50:15 pm »

Is the music guy even on Bay12?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2019, 05:08:43 pm »

It's still the official Dwarf Foetress page. Someone would send him a link once music / sound effect suggestions build up. Wouldn't they?

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2019, 10:51:35 am »

It's still the official Dwarf Foetress page. Someone would send him a link once music / sound effect suggestions build up. Wouldn't they?
I kind of doubt it. He's just a Kitfox employee, it's not his job to care what anyone but his boss thinks about his output. He hasn't been around anywhere yet, that I've seen.