Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you even still reading this :P ?

Yes.
No, just passing by.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress +Papercrafts+ : Tales of Kudarkalur  (Read 72878 times)

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress +Papercrafts+ : Tales of Kudarkalur
« Reply #210 on: August 10, 2019, 10:00:16 am »

Wálim charges!
The elves are surprised by ferocity of Wálim's assault!

Wálim swiftly stabs the Elven Spearman 1 in right lower leg with his -bronze spear-, tearing the muscle!
This spearman is effectively crippled now. The bowman is preparing his shot.

As Wálim turns, he kicks the Elven Spearman 2 in the upper body, but the attack glances away!
Yet, the Elven Spearman 2 falls over!

Elven Bowman shoots a wooden arrow but the shot is blocked by *wooden shield*!
Wálim charges and stabs the Elven Bowman in the upper body, penetrating it whole!
Elven Bowman was struck down, and the druid sees, this is not gonna be easy.

Ebeca raises his staff and mutters something, strange power fills the place! Wálim loses concentration for a brief moment.
Wálim tries to stab the Elven Javelin Thrower, but the shot is deflected by grown wooden buckler!

Wálim kicks the Elven Javelin Thrower in the upper body, bruising the skin!
Elven Javelin Thrower falls over.
Elven Spearman 2 stands up.
The elf with the glaive would like to strike, but Wálim is far too fast for him.

Ebeca completes his spell, and is quickly running under the archway with his bodyguards.
Vines grew out of Wálim's shield and shaft of his spear, and tangled his arms! He can't properly use them now!

Wálim turns and bashes Elven Recruit with his stuck -bronze spear-, bruising the skin!
Elven Recruit falls over.

Wálim kicks the Elven Spearman 2 in the upper body, bruising the skin!
Elven Spearman 2 falls over!
Wálim looks around. Every elf is now on the ground, one dead, one crippled, three knocked down, but Ebeca has made it past the archway! Wálim wants to run and reach him, but hears growling behind him.

The fight here isn't over yet. And more animals and more elves are coming. And his arms are still tangled! What now?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 10, 2019, 07:03:20 pm »

Welp, it seems to me the druid is the biggest threat here, so-o-o...
Charge him. Bite his throat out.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 11, 2019, 09:16:45 am »

Wálim ran to the mountaintop to catch Ebeca before he can get there. The druid was aware of thet, and sent his bodyguards to slow him down.

The bodyguards jumped before the running Tâdi. The impact truly stopped Wálim from running, but left both of guards dizzy.

But it was enough for the giant cougar rider to catch Wálim.

And that wasn't all, the warriors previously knocked down got on their feet and ran to the fight, too.

The Giant Cougar pounces, but Wálim jumps away!
Cornered, couldn't use his arm, he decided to make a little sacrifice.
Elf Rider stabs Ebeca in upper left arm with his +grown wooden spear+, tearing the skin and bruising the muscle!

The hit also cut off the tangling vines, so Wálim shook off his shield, to prevent further entangling, and stroke back.
Wálim punches the Elf Rider, knocking him down!

Then he scratched vines off from his spear, and charged nearmost elf.
Wálim kicks the Elven Sniper, bruising the skin!
Elven Sniper falls over!
Wálim stabs Elven Sniper in upper body with his -bronze spear-, tearing the skin and tearing the muscle!
Major artery was torn!
Reinforcements got there, and with remaining elves tried to corner Wílim once more.

The Giant Cougar pounces!
The big beast pushed Wálim to a rock.
Elf Rider stands up.

Wálim claws Giant Cougar in the neck, tearing the skin and tearing the muscle!
An artery was torn!
Wálim knocked the beast down, and since it was animal, its instinct suggested retreat. In the process, one of the bodyguards was knocked down as well.

Wálim stabs the Elven Javelin Thrower in the lower body, tearing the skin and tearing the muscle, spilling the guts!
Elven Javelin Thrower falls over!
Elven Javelin Thrower falls retches!
Elven Spearman misses!

Elf Rider stabs Ebeca in upper right arm with his +grown wooden spear+, tearing the skin and bruising the muscle!
That enraged the warrior greatly.

Wálim punches the Elf Rider in the head, giving him a headache!
Elf Rider stumbled backwards. Giant Cougar was by its senses again, and looked for a spot, where to pounce.

Wálim stabs Elf Rider in upper body with his -bronze spear-, tearing the skin and tearing the muscle!
Major artery was torn!
Elves were losing morale. They were shaking and didn't dare to attack.

Wálim stabs the Giant Cougar in lower body with his -bronze spear-, tearing the skin and tearing the muscle!

Wálim kicks the Elven Raider, bruising the skin!
The elf stumbled backwards, knocking him and one his ally on ground.

Wálim easily finished them off. But it was clear that the druid must have reached the Exalted one, and some of his troops might have slipped through.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 09:35:51 am by Quaksna »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 13, 2019, 03:09:53 pm »

Victory! Kind of! (I sense a trend here.)

It's nice to see not all fey-folk are crazy around here. Or at least, that some of 'em are crazy in the good way.

klonk
Sigtext

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 18, 2019, 12:20:02 am »

Heh, this is nice, on my birthday the views counter hit 10000. Thank you all who are watching this!  :)

Now, I am preparing a summer camp for kids with friends, so lots of work to do, lots of psalms and songs to learn... You won't probably hear of me for the rest of holidays. I'll try, maybe I'll manage to finish chapter 4 to the very end... Let's do some papetcarfts!

Again thank you all, Bay 12 Forums and the others, enjoy the holidays till you still can!

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 18, 2019, 11:23:37 am »

Heyy, happy birthday! ^-^

klonk
Sigtext

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 21, 2019, 07:17:53 am »

"Exalted one, this is end of your rule!!!" yelled Ebeca.
The old king slowly turned towards them, with glance most annoyed.

"That's what you want to do? You want to kill me? The one who taught you everything you know? The one you made you what you are?"
"Don't try, you won't convince us with your lies for a second time. Elves, attack!"

Exalted one opened his cloak, revealed ☼adamantine spear☼, undulating like surface of a lake. and stroke a menacing pose.
"Come on, then!"
Elven warriors charged in their fanatical fury. The Exalted one looked at them, his eyes started glowing.

The elves suddenly couldn't feel nor control their bodies, and fell. Then he widened his eyes even more, sounds of cracking bones could be heard, and the warriors screamed in great pain, helpless. Druids resisted the spell, but their apprentices were very fatigued after that.

They muttered their own spells, wines and thorns started to rise from the ground, but a mere glance of the Tâdi king was enough to banish them back.

Elves that were coming as reinforcements have seen that, they rather turned and ran, far away from this place. Wálim saw that, and ran to the mountaintop as quickly as he could.

Ebeca still had confidence, and sent two giant beasts against the Exalted one. The beasts pounced, but landed few steps before the target, struck by awe.

Druids muttered some spells to encourage them, but they were no match for the king.
Then the Exalted one opened his mouth and spoke an incantation. The night sky got even darker, as grey clouds appeared there.

He then pointed with his ☼adamantine spear☼ towards his foes. Several lightning bolts struck, only the druids remained.

"I read his book of secrets!" shouted Ebeca. "I know how to defeat him, if he gets me, we're lost!"
Of course he lied, but the druids didn't know. They all muttered spells and made a barrier around Ebeca.

As they were vulnerable, they were immediately smitten by bolts.

Ebeca survived, but now he was alone. And he realized, he's pretty much doomed.

The Exalted one threw his weapon, pinning the wicked druid to the ground. He came closer to him, squeezed him with his foot and pulled out the spear.

"Fool..." the king said. "This was the worst thing you could do. Not only you didn't achieve anything, but you weakened the army, too..."
"You haven't achieved anything for the past centuries..." whispered the elf.
Exalted one cut druid's throat with his claws, and let him die there. He then looked at each druid corpse, at the signs they had tattooed on their chests.

"I'm cursing these five tribes, you shall be hated and shunned by everyone..."

Wálim arrived, panting.
"My liege..." he said.
"I'm done with them." said the Exalted one. "Come here."

He put his hands on Wálim's wounds, they stopped bleeding, crusts formed there immediately.

Cilko has shambled his way to mountaintop, too. He wanted to say something, Exalted one interrupted him.
"Fools, look at what they have done..."

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 02, 2019, 09:09:15 am »

"So you'll send your wagon periodically, with every visit I'll tell you what I would be interested in next time..."
"Deal!" said Alak and sealed parchment in front of him. "Lord Dazelosric, now we're official trading partners."

"I look forward for our future." said the lord. "Well, I'm done here, then. Farewell, Kudarkalur!"

"Hey, Alle!" called Zeg, running to the lord.

"What's up?" he asked.
"What was that all about? First you told me something, then you told them something another..."
"Things got complicated. I would be glad if our private talk can stay private. Bye, Zeg, I'm off!"

The tribesdwarf watched, as the lord and his stallion are vanishing over horizon. He shrugged, turned, and went home.

Lolor carefully knocked the door.
"Is the nobleman gone?" he asked.
"Yeah, we're done, everything's signed, sealed." Alak answered. "Come here, just you. Your friends'll wait."

Keshan and Ziril stayed at the hallway, Lolor entered. Urist, who was somewhere in corner bookkeeping, came forth too.
"Take a seat." said Alak.

When Lolor and Urist were both on their places, Alak gave them glance most blissfull, and he whispered:
"Dear fellow nobles, I've got plan how to become king of dwarvenkind!"
Lolor and Urist moved their heads closer.
"I'll marry a princess!"
Urist widened his eyes, Lolor started giggling.
"What's funny?"
"Nothing..." said Lolor. "Your plans are truly masterful, genial!"
"I think so."
Urist started giggling too.
"You don't believe it?"
"Well, the princess is in Emenkegeth, now when goblins and night creatures are all around..." said Urist.
"Why would the princess, or, more like the king wanted to agree? By the way, we're not even completely sure who's king now!" said Lolor, Urist was nodding.
Someone knocked on the door, then they opened. It was Rikkir.

"I can walk myself again, you see? Now, have I missed something?" he asked.
"Alak wants to marry a princess." said Lolor.

"And why not? I would marry the princess!" said Rikkir and sat down. "Many benefits come along!"
"It's not that simple..." said Urist.
"The plan is flawless!" said Alak, raising his fist. "With help of the toad, we will save the day and become heroes, and we'll live happily ever after! By the way, Lolor, has your kea returned? Or any other messages from other fortresses?"
"Sadly, no." said Lolor.
"Why isn't the toad here, at the council?" asked Urist.
"Luslemnod has full schedule. After this I ordered one teraphy for our good bookkeeper..."
Urist facepalmed.
"Fine." he said. "But only because you're the overseer!"

He stood up and went out, but he bumped to Zeg on the doorstep.
"Watch out, I'm carrying treasures!" said the tribesdwarf. "Look at this!"

Alak stood up and shouted: "Who knocked Muz unconscious?"
"Oh, he's just exhausted. Look, he made this!"
The nobles curiously looked at Acöbkegeth.
"That's a crundle coop? Why is it so small?"
"It's not a coop and it's not for crundles! It's a nest box!"
"Look at the little gemstones! Pretty!" said Lolor.

"What did you mean, not for crundles? Apparently, it's perfectly for them!" proclaimed Alak. "Take it to Urnût, he'll know where to put it! And let someone have a look at Muz, okay? Good. Alright, people, that's enough for today. You're dismissed!"

"So, Urist. First of all, what's your problem?" asked the toad.
"Nothing at all." said Urist confidently.
"I don't believe that, everyone has a problem."
"Well, I am not going to tell you."
"Why not?"
Urist scratched his head, thought for a moment.
"It's sort of... Forget it. I don't have a problem!"
Toad contemplated, like on some engraving.
"Diagnosis is very bad."
"Huh?" said Urist and moved forth a little bit.
"You're gonna die."

Urist stood up.
"Not now, silly!"

Urist sat down.
"You're trying apparently to forget about your past problems."
"That's... Right."
"That's okay. The thing is, past is no more, and you're being weird."
"Weird?!!"
"You can't just hide and do nothing till you die. Cacatonic dwarves do that. You can't write off yourself, no matter what you did. You can change and be better!"
"It's not really about what I did..." said Urist.
"You're traumatized. Got it."
Urist wanted to say something, the toad didn't let him.

"You needn't to tell me anything. Alright, keep your secrets. But now, stand up, and do something, when the world needs you. Okay?"
Urist nodded.
Toad smiled, it turned, wanting to leave.
"About that... Helping..." Urist said.
Toad turned back.

"I dropped my axe down there!"

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 02, 2019, 09:50:13 am »

Heyy, welcome back! The antics of your paper-dwarves remain as entertaining as ever. ^-^

klonk
Sigtext

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 03, 2019, 06:08:29 am »

Near old lair in Stothoaslud, voices echoed throughout the desert...
"O thou mighty..."

"O Fang of the Desert..."

"O Blade in the Sky..."

"O thou everlasting..."

"O Wind of the West..."

"O thou Sandstorm..."

"O Golden Queen..."

"Enough! I hear and I lisssten. What have you brought?" answered hissing voice.
"O Blade in the Sky, we brought you a servant, dwarf of dark skin, may he serve your everlasting highness!" said one goblin.
Great figure stood up from a throne.

"Puny good-for-nothingsss!" it shouted. "I have enough of your ssslavesss and food offeringsss! I asssked for magesss! Do you have magesss? No! Go and capture me sssome!"
"We're still searching!" said another goblin, trembling in fear.

"O Golden Queen, a pale wizard was spotted with his company, coming toward us! Should we..." asked some scout goblin.

"That'sss jussst the deathmassster, leave him be. Besssidesss, you wouldn't capture him anywaysss, puny good-for-nothingsss!"

"You stay here." said the deathmaster. "I'll go myself. Beware, these crazed fanatics may try some pathetic scheme, be vigilant."

The master slowly walked past all the goblin worshippers, who watched him carefully. Then he straddled some distance before the throne.
"Welcome, deathmassster..." hissed the being. "Why have you come?"
"We're going to call Ngoruboxox. To use the Mark of Death on the goblin overlord." said the mage.
"Ssso old Rulasssm is truly dead after all... Interesssting... You want me to take over?"
"No, I'm asking if you're interested. You have many arcane devices here... After all."

"No way!" hissed the Golden Queen. "I'm not going to ssshare with you..."
"I taught you secrets of death..."
"In exchange for you not experiencing it. If thisss isss all you want, go away. I can defeat sssome goblin massster myssself. But that'sss not what I want..."

"Fine then." said the deathmaster, annoyed. Then he turned and left.
"Everyone'sss proposssing me ssslavesss and food... Nothing ussseful."

One fanatic came from some staircase below, he stood up before the throne.
"O Golden Queen, one of the devices is doing something!" he said.
"Which one?" asked the Queen.
"The third from left!"
"I don't remember the order! Dessscribe it!"
"Eh..."

"Forget it, I'll take a look myssself. Puny good-for-nothingsss..."

"Ssso... Which one? Thisss one?"
The goblin nodded.

It was strange large apparatus, made of bronze and copper, with precisely cut gems laid in little holes. Some of the plates had runes inscribed on them, unfamiliar to goblins, dwarves, elves and men alike.
"The old arcane receiver... What was it doing?"
"I... Well..."

The Queen scrabbled on surface of the device, upon reaching one long part she pointed in its direction. It faced a rock wall, little symbols were engraved in the stone, radiating heat.

"Fressshly burned out..." mumbled the Queen. "Bring me the map, the one in front of the sssecond loot pile."
"The one in northern or southern hallway?"
"Sssouthern."

After a while, the goblin, gasping and panting, returned with a parchment in his hand.
"Gimme"
The Queen looked at the symbols on the wall and the parchment. Then her eyes widened, her serpent tongue was coming rapidly back and forth, making pleased hissing noises.
"Thisss isss jussst awesssome!" she hissed.
"And what, o Fang in the..." started the goblin.
"You're definitely not the one I'm telling thisss..."

She looked at herself, and started flapping wings. Nothing happened.
"That your food. Bring me that slim-down elixir!"
"Slim do..."
"By Goldenhorn, find sssomeone who knowsss where it isss!"
The goblin left, the Queen waited again. In the meantime, she compared the map and the burn out symbols, still fascinated.

This time, not the goblin, some human covered in light cloth came. He had a potion in his hand.
"At leassst sssomeone'sss not puny good-for-nothing." she said and took the elixir. "Now go away, nasssty thingsss are going to happen here."

The human left the chamber to the hallway, where the goblin also waited. They heard gasping and vomiting. Then the Queen came out.

"Clean the messssss." she hissed to the goblin. "You come with me."

"I'm leaving for... Asss long asss I need. I'm sssealing the core chambersss, but ssstill, jussst in cassse, keep eye on the dunderheadsss ssso they won't make messssss. Underssstood?"
The human nodded.

The Queen spoke no more word, she took off and flew away, to north.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 03, 2019, 08:18:51 pm »

PTW. Keep up the good work here!

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 05, 2019, 08:34:11 am »

"This is outrageous! How could you do this to me?!!" cried Len.
"It's for your personal good." said Olmul. "We can't go play hide 'n' seek in lord's manor."

Len was still grumpy, from the meeting with the blacksmith till now. Dwarves had hard times with him... They weren't saying anything.
Berath came to Olmul and whispered to him: "Do you th..."
"I hear you!" called Len.
"Don't be silly!" said Olmul. "We'll find your lord and everything shall be okay, you'll see!"

Since they were concentrated on cheering Len up, they didn't notice many figures, hiding behind nearby vegetation, very visible they were. Simultaneously, they all jumped and blocked the path.

Len and the dwarves stopped, they saw the band is armed.
The shortest and frailest of them made a step towards our party.
"Give us all your riches!" he said, or, more like, he squeaked a little bit.

"We don't have any riches!" said Berath.

The band froze for a moment. They turned towards each other and consulted for a moment. Then they turned back.

"Give us all your weapons!" said the bandit speaker.
"No way!" said Olmul. "If you wanna rob us, come and try it!"

The bandits wanted to make another quick session, the speaker stopped them.
"Okay, you asked for it! Feel our wrath!"

Analysis:

You're clearly outnumbered, but you have experienced adventures.
Olmul - Swordsdwarf. Pretty skilled.
Berath - Spearsdwarf. Not so skilled, still fair warrior.
Len - He said he's one man army. Let's see...
Enemies:
They appear to have generally poor gear, but let's be honest, you don't have good armor either.
Their leader has some dagger, buckler, spaulders, protected upper legs.
Then there's one brute with big shield and bronze seax thing.
Some elf with spear, greaves, protected neck and shoulders.
Tribal brute with nothing but mace.
Dwarf with axe, greaves and breastplate.

Assemble the tacticians!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 08:35:42 am by Quaksna »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 05, 2019, 08:46:16 am »

Hooray, a fight! This'll be fun.

Numerous our enemies may be, but have they the nerve for this? Let's find out.

Everybody gangpile one guy, and dismantle him as quickly and as messily as possible. Scream blood-curdling war-cries, gnash your teeth in berserk fury, whatever-- the point here is to get the message across to the rest of the bandits that we are not worth messing with.

If our enemies aren't fleeing in terror by then, repeat as necessary. We're more skilled than any one of these bandits; if we just stay close to each other and pick out individual targets we should be mostly OK.

klonk
Sigtext

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 05, 2019, 09:30:17 am »

"Waaaagh!!!"
The party charged the nearest thug. He wasn't afraid, unlike some others.

Berath tries to stab Thug 1, but the strike is blocked with +wooden shield+!
Thug 1 misses!
Thug 1 tries to slash Len but the strike is parried with -iron axe-!
The elf and the dwarf weren't scared of fighting, and charged back. Olmul stood in their way.
Elf Recruit tries to stab Olmul but the strike is blocked with wooden shield!
Len was a good warrior indeed, he stroke with precision and dodged swiftly.

Thug 1 slashes Berath in the right lower arm, tearing the skin and bruising the muscle!
"Ack!" cried Berath, stumbling backwards. Len just waited for thug's opening to deliver blow.
Len slashes Thug 1 in the neck, tearing the skin and tearing the muscle!
Many nerves have been severed!
Thug 1 falls over.
Dwarf Recruit enters a martial trance!
"Uh oh." whispered Olmul, seeing his fury. The dwarf noticed his numb arm, and thought that would be perfect spot.
Elf Recruit tries to stab Olmul but he jumps away!
Dwarf Recruit tries to slash Olmul but the strike is blocked with wooden shield!
Cracking of wood came with the blow.

Elf Recruit tries to stab Olmul but he jumps away!
Dwarf Recruit tries to slash Olmul but he jumps away!
When he jumped all way back, Len and Berath moved their attention to current threat. The speaker and tribesman weren't really doing anything.

Len slashes Dwarf Recruit in the lower right ankle, tearing the skin and tearing the muscle!
The blade of the axe went deep in the flesh, not severing the foot, but still crippling the furious dwarf.
Dwarf Recruit falls over.
The elf saw his last companions are trembling in fear, he shouted: "Avemika!", jumped over our party and ran away. The tribesman ran away too.

"I'll never surrender!" yelled the last bandit. "Wait, I surrender!"
The party surrounded him.
He moved his arm swiftly, trying to stab someone, but Olmul was faster.
Olmul slashes the Bandit Leader in the right lower arm and the severed part sails off in the arc!

"You're cornered, no more tricks." growled Olmul.
"Okay, okay!" cried the bandit. "Just don't kill me! Please, I'll do anything! I'll give you my earrings!"
"We don't care about some earrings..." said Len.
"Golden? I would care about golden. I must insist..." said Olmul.
"Earrings not enough?" asked the bandit. "I have more! More loot! Please, don't kill me! I can help you!"
"So what are we doing?" asked Berath.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 05, 2019, 09:36:41 am »

We're telling this guy to keep his filthy lucre, and never to trouble us or any other law-abiding folk again!

klonk
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19