Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you even still reading this :P ?

Yes.
No, just passing by.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress +Papercrafts+ : Tales of Kudarkalur  (Read 71995 times)

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
Dwarf Fortress +Papercrafts+ : Tales of Kudarkalur
« on: March 15, 2019, 07:33:58 am »

+DWARF FORTRESS PAPERCRAFTS+
Oh, sweet memories from times passed:
"I don't like being Escaped Lunatic, so with this thread, I am going to present myself to the Bay 12 Community, with my Dwarf Fortress related papercrafts. I have plenty of paper figures and stuff home, I want to share those. Sorry for bad quality of photos, I am just dabbling photographer. But Competent Papercrafter! Enjoy!
Sorry for bad english, I bet I wrote something wrong. Or forum law violation. I am a beginner at pretty much everything  :)
Feel free to post whatever DIY Dwarf Fortress Stuff. If you have any. I will post some more. Someday. (Once I get some tracing paper to do those guys platforms to stand on)"
Q'uaksna, March 15, 2019, 07:33:58 am
TALES OF KUDARKALUR
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Part 1 - Dwarf Fortress Undercover
Part 2 - Alhońilun awaits
Part 3 - Loss and Gain
Part 4 - Concerning the exalted
Part 5 - Pickaxe is migthier than sword
Part 6 - The Day of the Rutherer
Part 7 - Little do they know
Part 8 - It's just a tantrum and nothing more
Part 9 - I didn't want a new round
Part 10 - Way of wrath
Chapter 4
Part 1 - Purple War
Part 2 - Crundle bundle
Part 3 - Give in to night
Part 4 - Considering Zomus
Part 5 - Mourning of the toads
Part 6 - In a cavern, no one can be sure
Part 7 - Lolor and the Perilous Tunnel
Part 8 - Wicked enough
Part 9 - Wizards everywhere
Part 10 - Tribal Treason
Chapter 5
Part 1 - Toad therapy
Part 2 - Jussst awesssome
Part 3 - Professional robbing
Part 4 - Hot topic
Part 5 - Sic transit gloria mundi
Part 6 - Royal reverence
Part 7 - Affairs under the ground
Part 8 - Something bad must have happened
Part 9 - Tunnels are the best
Part 10 - The Siege of Dawning
Chapter 6
Part 1 - We were a mere settlement
Part 2 - Incessssssant babbling
Part 3 - In the mean-time
Part 4 - Off to war
Part 5 - Rants that tear the world apart
Part 6 - Busssinessssss to be done
Part 7 - War is not here
Part 8 - More you have, more you shall get
Part 9 - Inflitrating the Mountainhome
Part 10 - Last Stand of the Silver Crane
Chapter 7
Part 1 - Invasion from below
Part 2 - Assault on the Mountainhome
Part 3 - The tomb expanded
Part 4 - Victory challenged
Part 5 - A New Beginning
Other +papercrafts+
Tale of three amphibian man heroes, just below
Q'uaksna's workshop

Once upon a time, in caverns of Shadkikthol, there were three amphibian men, Nisgak, Nod, and Erar.

They looked down to cavern layer below.

Ahh! Plump helmet men! Hello down there!

Oh no!!! Tarmid Ugokkirun, the forgotten beast has come!

Tarmid strikes a menacing pose. It tries to bite them!

Plumps dodged the bite. Tarmid is laughing.

Plumps tried to retaliate, but Tarmid has become enraged! They escape to layer, where our heroes are.

Amphibian men rush to help the mushrooms.

Erar tries to lure it away, while Nod and Nisgak sneaks behind the beast.

They severed its leg! Tarmid roars and tries to escape, but he is crippled! Victory!!!

From that on, Nisgak, Nod and Erar became heroes among plump helmet men. Long live to them!!!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 10:13:20 am by Quaksna »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress +Papercrafts+
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 09:53:49 am »

That was delightful. I'll be watching this.  :D
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 10:02:57 am »

Superdorf, I give you the honor to bear title of "Passing Acquaintance". Man, you made me so happy!

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2019, 10:31:52 am »

Honestly, I think this is an interesting concept that has potential, especially considering that I've never seen DF related stuff in the form of DIY arts and crafts.
That, and it's always interesting to see how people like you interpret the "raw data" of DF to tell a story within its world.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2019, 11:06:38 am »

Yeah, it's kinda fun interpreting stuff from game into little paper guys. I plan to do some webcomic interactive stuff like Littlest Cheesemaker, with drawn pictures and possibly these photos. It's even more interesting that every figure I make, be it human lord looking like Mozart or sturdy dwarf captain with long curly beard and stuff, you can think of some story or backround for each of those, and result are not only pretty figures but also interesting characters and stories. I'll show you what I mean in next post. Seven dwarf settlers, coming soon!  :)

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2019, 11:13:58 am »

This opening story is cute, I wouldn't mind seeing a webcomic.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2019, 01:44:00 pm »

And I wouldn't mind making a webcomic.  :)
The only thing I was afraid of was if there would be some players, you know. But now, I see that you guys actually like my work. That's... Satisfying. You stuffed me with good thoughts. Thank you!

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2019, 10:11:18 am »

Here we have a scene of seven dwarven settlers, having a short break before reaching their destination.
Here we have Alak Zilirdural, that's the one with the red beard. He's an overseer and organizator of this journey to create a new fortress. That's maybe why the others hold grudges against him, but he's okay. Right now he is eating wheels of cheese to support his mind, burdened with heavy tasks of his profession. Ermis Anurím, the woman at the left makes a plaintive gesture, in order to stop their boss from eating all the cheese. But this is Dwarf Fortress, so it was inevitable. In the middle is Olmul Angsikel, who still believes in the power of soap, and its unquestionable superiority to cheese. In other words, he doesn't care one way or other.

Here we have the rest. Two beasts of burden, Unnos and Razes can finally get some rest and few mouthfuls of yummy vegetation. Near the wagon stands Vúsh Akamanön, watching the livestock. As we can see, the wagon is full of supplies. Picks, axe, meat, soap, leather, ale... Oh! They have forgotten the anvil! Now the overseer makes a plaintive gesture. The two dwarfs lying on a rock, eating cheese no one claimed yet, are commenting the weather. They are Urnât Kěraremtan, the blond one, and Kin Emenzágod, the other one. Berath Gusilmas stands behind them and observes the area. There could be some elves nearby, they wouldn't be happy if they saw the wagon.

The whole scene.

Who knows in what kind of trouble they will get to. Who knows...
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 09:41:09 am by Quaksna »

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2019, 10:28:31 am »

The classic DF riddle comes to mind: where did the first anvil come from, if the only way to make them is by using anvils?

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2019, 01:17:15 pm »

Obviously, by a long process of altered duplication coupled to a process of natural selection which insures that the best proto-anvils would duplicate more and more each generation, up to the modern day anvils we have

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2019, 01:43:22 pm »

Maybe there were some Incusmancers? With material emissions, shooting trails of anvils once per year?
Guys, it seems I need more than tracing paper. Tarmid Ugokkirun is a bit older forgotten beast, and now, that those amphibian men heroes have taken care of him, I will need to choose a successor. I just keep smiling when I see each new post in this thread. Hmmm... Let's stirr the story a bit...
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 04:35:48 pm by Quaksna »

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2019, 03:54:45 pm »

Tne sad, boring answer to the anvio question is that the first anvils were large boulders that were used until they shattered, and a new boulder was used, until someone made an actual long lasting one. Or some such. But since no Dwarf would dream in this day and age of forging anything of proper Metal on anything less that the cooled molten ferrous bounty of Armok’s dominion.
Or some such.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2019, 11:18:24 pm »

This is extremely fun to read. PTW
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2019, 01:13:31 pm »

Another fan! Welcome snow dwarf. Everything is going according to the plan...
With heavy heart I must inform you, that without tracing paper, I am crippled like Tarmid Ugokkirun. Without good platforms I can do only these rest scenes with everyone lying somewhere. So expect some delay for the next part of this dwarven adventure.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2019, 09:38:17 am »

Still no tracing paper, but that won't stop me! A short interlude:
Meanwhile our dwarf settlers are lingering, in a secret cavern hideout, strange things are going on...

The toad in the middle said : "Hey? Hey? Is everyone here? Ye? Good. Welcome to the Harsh Council!" Everyone muttered something. Toad contunued : ,,We are here, because we need to make world better! There are too much foulness in the world! Weird cults are rising, bad guys are on the highest positions, and woods are full of hippies! What do you say?"

Amphibian man 1 : "It's sad but not unexpected."

Amphibian man 2 : "It was inevitable."
Amphibian man 3 : "It's for the be..."

Toad : "Oh shut up! We can't just state opinions! It's time to act!!!"

Amphibian man 2 : "Do we have a plan?"
Toad : "We do have a plan, indeed, plan really simple! We will unite the civilizations!!!"
Amphibian man 1 : "Impossible!!!"
Toad : "Might seem so, but you don't understand. We must convince as many as possible to join us!!! Questions?"
Amphibian man 2 : "How do we convince them? I mean, they don't care. One way or other."
Toad : "That's the problem. Only few in this world still believe in us. Becuase of our beauty."
Amphibian man 1 : "We can't talk to kobolds. Not to their tribes, precisely. They are babbling such nonsences..."
Amphibian man 2 : "It's possible for us to convince humans. At least those tan-skinned. The advanced ones detest us. Goblins are ruled by bad guys and seem too bad."

Amphibian man 3 : "What about those short elve..."
Toad : "Dialog with hippies? Keep your weird thoughts to yourself! They care more about reed and thistles!!! Nah, were not ready for that!"
Amphibian man 1 : "But then there are only..."
Toad : "Dwarves, yeah. I've been informed that group of colonists are going to pass through Tetistinen. I'll meet them at the Black Pillar. Hope I can convince them to cooperation. Good deal, nah?"
Amphibian man 1 : "Yeah!"
Amphibian man 2 : "Yay!"
Amphibian man 3 : "Whatever."

Toad : "My persuading has improved, that was very satisfying!"
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 09:40:49 am by Quaksna »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19