Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Expel locations?  (Read 744 times)

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Expel locations?
« on: March 15, 2019, 07:27:07 pm »

There are 3 options:

Expel
Giftmurk
Mosthated

Mosthated is a goblin site I conquered a while back, but I have no idea what Giftmurk is. I can find no such location on the map. How do I find out what kind of place is that?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Expel locations?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 07:49:15 pm »

Does it not appear in the holdings screen on the map?
Probably it's a cave economically linked to your site. They're invisible, I think, by default (I set them visible in Adv worldgen). Legends should be able to tell you for sure as caves aren't built, only reclaimed so it will have been there since the dawn of time.

As a tip, always export your Legends before you start play if you want to check stuff like this - DFhack has clever workarounds for opening Legend mid-game too. They occasionally destroy everything and release hell. So er...save first?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 07:55:59 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 09:54:58 pm »

I retired and checked the export information.

Code: [Select]
1: Semameli, "Giftmurk", cave
Owner: The Polished Pines, elves
Parent Civ: The Wisp of Skinning, elves
5 elves
3 large rats
419 cave swallows

Hmm, elves?

Edit*

OK, according to the legends, a hydra used to live there, then the hydra was caught by my dwarves, then the elves settled there.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 10:03:15 pm by Libash_Thunderhead »

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2019, 01:27:50 am »

Yeah, that happens. Refugees fleeing dorvern justice, group of outcasts, something like that. Congratulations, homeless hippies pining for their trees are now economically linked to your site.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2019, 04:24:25 am »

While the site is linked to your site economically, you can't request workers from it (or do anything else with it) as it belongs to another civ (or at least not to your civ, if they're unaffiliated). You should have gotten an announcement when the site linked itself to you.

Regarding DFHack Legends Mode access, the latest DFHack version provides a very clear warning that you need to save the game first, enter Legends Mode, and then kill the game when done to prevent save corruption. Personally I've exported Legends Mode info (for Legends Viewer usage) yearly, and expect to do so again when DF becomes playable again (the raid military gear corruption crash bug has claimed all my fortresses in this version so far, so I've ceased playing).

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2019, 04:36:20 am »

Yeah, it's worth noting that "economically linked"  has always been a thing, just never previously visible to the player. It refers to "possible target for bandit mischief" as much as "trading partner". The new "holdings" function just made the network visible and a target for an exile.