Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Oi, Innkeep! Your order will be ready shortly...  (Read 1352 times)

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Oi, Innkeep! Your order will be ready shortly...
« on: March 15, 2019, 10:59:17 pm »

Steam Page
Official Site
Spoiler: Screenshots (click to show/hide)

I've been following this one awhile now, and since they're putting out a release date of this year, I thought I'd put up an official thread for it in case it's of interest to others.

The premise of this game is that you take an abandoned, dirty inn, clean it up and take over running it. You serve drinks, cook food, chat with your patrons and learn their stories. You can grow your own food in your garden, decorate your inn to appeal to certain types of patrons, break up drunken brawls in your inn, and generally try to keep your head above water when your bills arrive.

It's an interesting niche genre of management game, one which has a very small representation in the market. Running your own shop is probably the closest umbrella genre, with classics such as Recettear or the Atelier series being the primary examples. Few current games actively explore the innkeeper role however, though there's some upcoming titles in development that do this, such as Daniel Burke's Innkeep game, or Steven Colling's Orcish Inn.

Overall this one looks promising based on the dev logs and trailers, and I'm likely gonna pick this up when it releases, possibly when it gets pushed as Early Access.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 08:04:54 am by Jimmy »

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
Re: Oi, Innkeep! Your order will be ready shortly...
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2019, 01:11:57 am »

Ispil, this is a different title than Yolan's retro 2D looking game, but a similar concept.

Perhaps a few (modestly sized) screencaps could be added to help dispel confusion?
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2019, 08:06:54 am »

Ispil, this is a different title than Yolan's retro 2D looking game, but a similar concept.

Perhaps a few (modestly sized) screencaps could be added to help dispel confusion?
Added screenshots to the first post to avoid confusion. Interestingly, I actually acknowledged Daniel's Innkeep game in the original post, but looks like that part didn't get read.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2019, 08:11:49 am »

Saw the trailer on Steam, thought it looked appropriately silly, slapped it onto the wishlist and applied the "Cooking" tag in the vain hope that said tag will eventually get recognized by the Steam community.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2019, 08:41:16 am »

Also sounds a lot like Graveyard keeper. Maybe something happened that all of them were inspired to make their games at the same time?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2019, 08:43:00 am »

Also sounds a lot like Graveyard keeper. Maybe something happened that all of them were inspired to make their games at the same time?
In the sense of sharing several of the same letters; yes absolutely.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2019, 11:02:27 am »

It looks like they're putting out an episodic RPGmaker game as a prequel and hype builder, which is... Interesting.