Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ettin behavior  (Read 875 times)

elfricko

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Ettin behavior
« on: March 17, 2019, 11:51:12 pm »

Could it be that there is a chance that Ettins could be freindly?
So far I was visited by 2 of them. Both are very slow walking and in no way tried to attack my dwarfs first.
Since nothing except a Human died, every hit of them let them improve in one way or another and their hole inventory consisted out of fine clothes and instruments, I was wondering why they were such pushovers. Since my hole fortress only consicts of culture, tarverns and libraries could it be that I have a rare trade of intellectual Ettins(that I have murdered in cold blood)?
I would like to test it if this happens again BUT if you tell me that this is just a mere coincidence I would rather not risk it. I want to have Fun in another way and i would not like to loose my best dwarfes against a fluke. On the other Hand a Ettin as a Bard or Poet would really be something that is missing in my tavern.
On 'u' -> 'others' it also says that the Ettin is only a 'Uninvited Guest' and the Names always seemed a little bit to gentle like 'Hale Sparkles' I mean that sounds more like a Popstar
(I run Vanilla DF)

So the real question is: Can (mega)beasts/gods be friendly and help you out?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 12:19:45 am by elfricko »

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ettin behavior
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2019, 03:04:06 am »

Titans/FBs/(semi)megabeasts are currently purely destructive, so I'd say it's a coincidence. There's a potential for changes to this sometime in the future, but it's not in the current version.

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 05:07:10 am »

On 'u' -> 'others' it also says that the Ettin is only a 'Uninvited Guest' and the Names always seemed a little bit to gentle like 'Hale Sparkles' I mean that sounds more like a Popstar
The megabeasts that attack you are always called "uninvited guests".
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

elfricko

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2019, 10:56:48 am »

Titans/FBs/(semi)megabeasts are currently purely destructive, so I'd say it's a coincidence. There's a potential for changes to this sometime in the future, but it's not in the current version.

Okay thank you, the wiki did not made it clear for me