Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Story of Gravith  (Read 1524 times)

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Story of Gravith
« on: March 17, 2019, 11:58:55 pm »

Okay so.. I have been sitting on this story forever.
It was from the last major shift back when Demon towers were everywhere and the games balance was a little different.

Anyway lets get this started... Greavith was not a Demigod, he was a normal adventurer.
He was a gangly man with long black greasy hair and gaunt features.
Setting out into the desert he did a few good things and became a somewhat talented warrior before amassing and army and deciding to kill a dragon. So he set out with his cast of friends. A frendly red head, a lucky young boy with a limp and a big warrior named Havok. All these people will be important to this story later.

Now when he traveled down the dragons tunnel he was hit with a blast of fire which engulfed the entire charging army... All his friends melting instantly, Havok, Red and Limpy as i named him...
But Greavith fell blasted backwards and hit a pond with a hiss and steam floating up into the air... Now much like the chemical reaction that created the flash... The timing was the perfect accident... He hit the water at just the right moment after being set ablaze that it burned off all his bodyfat and nerves but the water stopped him from burning to death... I was able to crawl away as the dragon was killing all my friends and miraculously survived all the infections and bleeding.

Heading back out i was weaker than ever but discovered something amazing. I could no longer feel pain.. And i was fast and light with no bodyfat, and so i set out to restore my strength the only way I knew how...

So after hunting a few vampires it was not long before one of them infected me. But instead of a curse this restored my former strength and next thng i knew i was fighting hoards of bandits all on my own. Greaviths skills grew as he could no longer be harmed to the point where he was catchng bolts out of the air and practically untouchable, I was starting to believe nobody could match him!

He was now a burned man with stringy hair, no nose and missing his ears, a skeletal figure but the worlds greatest hero.. an unstoppable vampire warrior, traveling to the 4 corners of the world he killed dragons and titans to prove his worth, a humanoid made of amathest he chopped him in half at the middle.
A giant surpant he ripped his jaw off...

There was only one fight left to win, the demon in the castle.
They faught to a standstill neither able to land a blow, two gods clashing against one another. Intil the demon managed to punch a hole threw graviths stomech and knowing he could not win greavith lept out the window throwing himself hundreds of feat below splattering as he hit the ground breaking so any bones.. but still alive he crawled away and healed quickly... for Round 2.

He than traveled to a necromancers tower... the last power he needed... The necromancer tried to oppose him but Greavith just pulled his tongue out and kneed him in the stomach and took his book as he lay crumpled on the ground ( still alive missing a tongue and fingers to cast )

He than visted the titans bodies whch he always carried and the dragon who first gifted him this super human abilities. And with a dragon and 4 zombie titans he arrived back on the demons doorstep... Demons human armies dead all around he met him outside where they faught... the Battle was long and hard but Greavith was eventually able to snap the demons spine and claim his castle as his own.

I than retired greavith to be a great hero... But than quickly realized the rest of the world didnt see the necromancer vampire with an army of undead titans to be a good guy and were asking me to stop him... And so a new heroes quest begins... Stop the king of evil.  ( Which I never managed to do )

And that is the story of my most successful adventure mode game ever. I will never ever match the deeds of greavith again, that was the top I could possibly achieve.

CohentheBarbarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Story of Gravith
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2019, 01:07:09 am »

It as inevitable

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 08:30:49 am »

Spectacular.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2019, 05:32:47 pm »

The perfect chemical reaction to create the ultimate warrior incapable of falling to his wounds from pain. Iv never been able to duplicate it. any other time i tried to immoliate myself and jump into water id either melt too fast or damage something vital or id douse it too fast and make out with only burns.

Wallyom

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2019, 09:01:57 am »

You should send a army to see if you can match him.

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2019, 04:24:44 am »

I liked the bit about the people being important to the story later and then having them burn to death in the next sentence.  :D