Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Shelter from the Bogeymen  (Read 7601 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shelter from the Bogeymen
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2019, 03:05:29 pm »

I noticed while it was attacking me that it was possible to ask it to cease hostilities, that didn't work, obviously, I thought it was interesting that it was possible to talk while they attacked, though.

Grimbot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2019, 12:05:35 pm »

I'm pretty green on Adventure Mode as well. So far I haven't been attacked in camp somehow, and I was wondering if that was just luck. Looks like it was. I also haven't been attacked when I climb three or four levels up a tree. Is that luck too?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2019, 06:24:36 am »

I'm pretty green on Adventure Mode as well. So far I haven't been attacked in camp somehow, and I was wondering if that was just luck. Looks like it was. I also haven't been attacked when I climb three or four levels up a tree. Is that luck too?
Boogeymen don't always attack every night.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Sarmatian123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2019, 01:37:29 pm »

First time, when bogeymen attacked me in my second adventure, I was alone and run away, but they chased me down and killed. I reloaded from a save. Avoided them spawning. Then another time I was cutting trees in my camp with 6 followers into an early night. 8 bogeymen spawned on top of me, no companions to see and... believe it or not, but I jumped away and kept jumping away making farter and farter away from them. Then one of my companions showed up and charged on my side right into the bogeymen. I felt foolish to leave him to die for me heroically, while I coward out, so I charged them too. Bogeymen put few nasty hits on my companion, before I could arrive. I started asap hitting one after another bogeymen with fast cuts with steel ax into their heads. I killed like 5 of them very fast. 6th died from my companion hits. Then companion charges 2 bogeymen who just idled docile on spawn for some reason. I charged behind and cut their head off easily too. Only then other 5 companions started arriving from all around... Grr... I dunno population of bogeymen in this adventure, but due animal spawn bug crashing my camp, I just ended it. Maybe I killed all bogeymen in my game? How many bogeymen are typically in an adventure in a tiny world? I read somewhere, if you kill enough of them, then they never bother you again. They seem to die really easily tbh, after some power leveling of course of my dwarven peasant.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 01:40:10 pm by Sarmatian123 »

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2019, 03:06:46 pm »

How many bogeymen are typically in an adventure in a tiny world? I read somewhere, if you kill enough of them, then they never bother you again.
Infinitely many. Killing enough only prevents them from bothering you for the rest of the night.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

mikekchar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2019, 12:36:44 am »

BTW, abandoned buildings do *not* count as a building as far as bogeymen are concerned.  Found that out the hard way.  Also, only companions count to ward them off.  I once took refuge in an abandoned building that for some reason had some goblin general (he had been traveling off to an attack somewhere).  Amusingly the goblin also got killed by the bogeyman who showed up.  Fire will keep bogeymen at bay, but the only thing I've been able to accomplish is to burn myself to death.  Still better than being killed by bogeymen.

Sarmatian123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2019, 12:39:59 pm »

I do not remember, if boogeymen got a range attack, but I do not remember them using one. They can teleport though. You could pick tile with rocks and surround yourself with camping fires, before going to sleep. Those last 24h? 8h will do though. When any night monster without range attack shows up, just pick some stones, sharpen them and throw at them.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2019, 02:39:48 pm »

That's all well and good... unless some of 'em have wings. Then you're in for it.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2019, 12:34:48 pm »

so bogeymen do have the ability to talk but due to not being part of a civ thus not knowing a language they can't really hold a conversation until then they only comment on performances if you end up playing a nofear adventurer.
the army tents are pretty much not good for bogeymen protection unless you build a camp there to save the army tent in place else the tent will vanish.
Well bogeymen pop up in about 5-6 unit groups and if you murder that amount in a row the cackling will end having them die via being too far from you doesn't count to the kill total.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Sarmatian123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2019, 01:54:05 pm »

That's all well and good... unless some of 'em have wings. Then you're in for it.

How about doing it under a tree? Does that a difference for flying monsters? Or it gets too hot? :D

Dr. Melon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2019, 06:26:42 am »

Good news in the latest post on the devlog! Sounds like bogeymen will be much rarer in the future, confined to evil areas and certain evil leaders.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2019, 06:45:10 am »

How about doing it under a tree? Does that a difference for flying monsters? Or it gets too hot? :D
Leaves aren’t directly above you, they could fly under the tree while remaining above you, and could drop down on you from the air

Castlecliff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2019, 08:08:45 pm »

Make a fucking custom gen and delet the fucks

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2019, 03:17:08 am »

Maybe you've forgotten that you've already said as much, or maybe you're waiting for more acknowledgement of the custom gen solution, so here I am acknowledging it.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2019, 06:27:05 am »

And the topic being titled Shelter from Bogeymen implies that the poster wants to know how to protect himself from bogeymen in his world
Pages: 1 [2] 3