Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Shelter from the Bogeymen  (Read 7648 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Shelter from the Bogeymen
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2019, 02:15:13 pm »

Sometimes big tree limbs/trunks that overhang count as being indoors and I don't get attacked when sleeping under those. Check with the weather check key, and if it says you can't see the stars/whatever from there, it probably means youre in what qualifies as an indoor space.

If it fails, bogeymen can't fly down through heavy branches/trunks. So a sufficiently trunky tree and some campfire should give you a safe place to wait it out.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2019, 02:22:53 pm »

Sometimes big tree limbs/trunks that overhang count as being indoors and I don't get attacked when sleeping under those. Check with the weather check key, and if it says you can't see the stars/whatever from there, it probably means youre in what qualifies as an indoor space.

If it fails, bogeymen can't fly down through heavy branches/trunks. So a sufficiently trunky tree and some campfire should give you a safe place to wait it out.

That's... really clever, actually. I might have to play as some kinda outdoorsy ranger sometime and test this out.
Not that it matters so much now, because Toady's nerfing bogeymen
Ahhahaha I am so happy about that
So very happy
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2019, 02:25:06 pm »

Yeah. Sadly it doesn't sound like there will be any additional support or options for modded bogeyman types, like biome restrictions, so my bogeymen schemes will suffer.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2019, 02:26:00 pm »

Ah well. We'll get to play around with undead Jedi and whatnot at least?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext
Pages: 1 2 [3]