Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2  (Read 15943 times)

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2
« Reply #120 on: May 21, 2019, 07:48:31 am »

When they write about rape and the like in every book, it only implies that's on their mind, and there could be a few reasons for it. But when they go online to defend rapists and Nazis (or defend themselves when they get caught), that shows who they are.

It's not a "people who write about rape are always bad" thing. It's a non-apologetic Nazis and rapists are bad people thing. When they complain that rapists and abusers are only being outed and punished because of SJWs, they are saying they are enemies of human decency. When a game line has to completely fire everyone working for it, because they're all Nazis and can't quit writing about it for 3 pages, you're dealing with White Wolf.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 21, 2019, 09:15:23 am »

When you make broad sweeping statements about a company that's been around for 25+ years in various forms without any sources, people are going to disagree with you.

However, I believe Iduno's more specifically referring to the series of mistakes that culminated in the Chechnya debacle last year that caused White Wolf to get shut down, but is exaggerating for dramatic effect.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 10:55:00 am by Persus13 »
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 21, 2019, 10:14:10 am »

The Chechnya thing isn't Nazi-related though. Based on googling, the only thing I can see that would spike this is that they had a passage stating that skinheads would typically be brujah. That doesn't seem very supportive of nazis to me; acknowledging that they exist isn't the same as endorsing them, and it's not like vampires are supposed to necessarily be good guys.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 21, 2019, 11:29:00 am »

The Chechnya thing isn't Nazi-related though. Based on googling, the only thing I can see that would spike this is that they had a passage stating that skinheads would typically be brujah. That doesn't seem very supportive of nazis to me; acknowledging that they exist isn't the same as endorsing them, and it's not like vampires are supposed to necessarily be good guys.
Yeah, I don't disagree. I think incompetent edgelords is a far simpler explanation. But Iduno isn't the only person I've seen calling White Wolf a bunch of Neo-Nazis/alt-right for those controversies. Which includes the skinhead thing, and iirc, there were references to neo-Nazis symbols as being used by the Brujah too.

I mainly interjected because bringing up stuff like Werewolf the Apocalypse, when it first came out in 1992, isn't really a good counterexample. This also isn't the first time Iduno's talked about WW like this in the thread. He had a much more coherent argument the last time he did this on page 1.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 21, 2019, 02:09:26 pm »

I mainly interjected because bringing up stuff like Werewolf the Apocalypse, when it first came out in 1992, isn't really a good counterexample.

Point being is when you talk about WW the time frame is relevant. I stopped paying attention to WW after Requiem, when I thought? they sold the company and WW stopped being a thing other than to consult CCP on their aborted attempt at a VtM video game.

So when someone goes "WW is racist because of something they did in 2018!" I go "What about the other 20+ years of White Wolf?" The WW that existed before the internet outrage machine was a thing.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 02:11:31 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #125 on: May 22, 2019, 06:48:47 am »

I think everybody is forgetting to truly important question here: Will we get the epic dance moves? Not a Bloodlines game without the epic dance moves.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 22, 2019, 09:10:52 am »

I think everybody is forgetting to truly important question here: Will we get the epic dance moves? Not a Bloodlines game without the epic dance moves.
inb4 we do and people accuse Paradox of hopping on the Fortnite bandwagon.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 22, 2019, 09:51:08 am »

i wanna see dynamic vampire moshing but my dreams will never come real
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 22, 2019, 09:10:38 pm »

However, I believe Iduno's more specifically referring to the series of mistakes that culminated in the Chechnya debacle last year that caused White Wolf to get shut down, but is exaggerating for dramatic effect.

Around the same time, but I'm trying to avoid being off topic.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 23, 2019, 05:35:20 am »

Next video is up: Clan Ventrue.

Clan Introduction: Ventrue.

Spoiler: More Information (click to show/hide)

The Dominate disciplines seems much more interesting from how it was in VtMB1. I think in the first game it mostly made people forget what was going on and was present more in dialogue then in actual gameplay. Command mentions being able to get NPCs to move obstacles as well as attacking people which puts to mind things like dominating a security guard to open a locked door and the like.

Fortitude seems more interesting as well. Whereas previously it game additional points of soak (armour), in VTMB2 Absorb seems more like a counter ability and Personal Armour, while giving more defense, also allows for staggering which makes it more than just being able to stand there taking damage for longer.

After the Ventrue, there's one other clan listed to be revealed still. The remaining clans are Gangrel, Nosferatu and Malkavian, unless they plan to add a clan that wasn't playable in the first game.

Edit: I'll also mention. Paradox have a channel here that has ~30 minute talky videos about the clans, though I haven't watched any of them to be able to say what they're like.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 05:42:03 am by Mech#4 »
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 23, 2019, 09:55:17 am »

I'm going to bet on Malkavian since they were such a popular and interesting one in the first game. If not, Gangrel, because sadly Nosferatu aren't too terribly popular even if they were a lot of fun in VTM:B 1. It could also be a wild ass pick like Giovanni, or Settites, or Tzimizce, but I doubt it.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 23, 2019, 10:03:15 am »

Or Lasombra.

There haven't been enough VtM games for me to bitch about the underrepresentation of the other clans. I was happy to at least see the Tzimisce character in Bloodlines 1, and the Giovanni quest. But yeah, lots of other cool clans that if we don't get in the base game, I'd hope we see as DLC.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 23, 2019, 10:13:02 am »

Based on the original I'm not going to do Malkavian or Nosferatu first.  They're too different (well, hopefully heh).  My first run of the original was Nosferatu, which actually worked because I wasn't overwhelmed with missions (and combat/feeding was relatively easy).  Made second run was even better as a result, as I realized how much I'd missed out on.

I'll probably start with Toreador.  It sounds like they're trying to make sure all clans can handle combat (unlike certain Ventrue builds in the original), so I'd like to try this:

But if not, I mean, Celerity.  I seriously doubt this will be the first White Wolf property where Celerity isn't incredibly powerful.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 23, 2019, 10:25:45 am »

Yeah, I played Toreador in Bloodlines first simply because of Celerity. (That and I've never fancied Brujah.) Not only was it the most powerful discipline in the game IMO, the bullet time effect was probably the most interesting thing mechanically that your powers could do in that game.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 23, 2019, 11:00:14 am »

@ Rolan7: The spoilers are just to prevent large post length, no need to spoiler stuff yourself if you don't want to.

I think my first playthrough was as Malkavian. Dementation was interesting with a lot of different effects for each level but during boss fights it really wasn't that helpful. I think I had to rely on melee and guns which, with no defensive disciplines aside from maybe Obfuscate, made several bosses a huge pain.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12