Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Legal Crime Squad?  (Read 12955 times)

Bidyhackier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Legal Crime Squad?
« on: March 23, 2019, 02:51:57 pm »

Is it even possible to have a 100% legal run? i mean, i can get around to subverting people to my cause with liberal music, but when it comes to fighting the CSS, it all goes to shit. there are only two ways to beat them(as far as i know):
1-Finding their bases and shooting them all(breaking and entering,murder)
2-Going inside the C.I.A bases, stealing the backers list and publishing it(breaking and entering, treason)

So, what could be a way to beat the CSS on a 100% legal way? I propose a method:

Liberal Snitching
so... we found the ccs safehouse, but being a perfectly legal crime squad, we cant just go in and kill them all, so what?
First, there would be a redesign on the Police Station, adding a Receptionist like the one on the Bank and the Landlord on buildings, with two options. the first would be one for "Surrendering" to the cops, which could cause an effect on how big of a Sentence a liberal gets... but i digress. the second option would be "tipping off" the cops on where the conservatives hide, which, depending on how liberal the Police issue is, could have a chance of them organizing a siege on the fortress, and based on the CCS strenght, beating them.

The Drawback would be the liberals would'nt be getting any juice from that, because it was'nt them beating the Conservative Menace, but the Conservative Police they despise so much.
lol why is patience the key characteristic to defeating an elephant? I can just imagine years of psychological torture and mind games until one of you just takes their own life.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legal Crime Squad?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2019, 10:53:01 am »

It's certainly possible to win without ever being flagged for a crime, but I don't think it's possible to win without ever committing some kind of crime.

There is a way to get the CCS Backer List without ever entering the CIA HQ. If you can recruit either a politician or a CCS archconservative (presumably by seduction), then he will be able to leak the CCS backer list to you. In some versions, you can find one or both of these in the cigar bar, which you can just walk into if you have a good enough disguise or if women's rights laws are liberal enough.

Publishing the CCS Backer List is harmful speech, however.

Bidyhackier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2019, 11:31:28 am »

There is a way to get the CCS Backer List without ever entering the CIA HQ. If you can recruit either a politician or a CCS archconservative (presumably by seduction), then he will be able to leak the CCS backer list to you. In some versions, you can find one or both of these in the cigar bar, which you can just walk into if you have a good enough disguise or if women's rights laws are liberal enough.

I did'nt knew that was an option, but i am not sure if its avaible on the version i play... (Cheshire Cat's Unity Remake)
lol why is patience the key characteristic to defeating an elephant? I can just imagine years of psychological torture and mind games until one of you just takes their own life.

The Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2019, 08:09:04 pm »

It is possible, but you can only get it from a CCS leader, who are only ever encountered in the special boss tiles in the CCS safehouses, or in CCS raids against your own safehouses (in which case you'd still end up violating your general "don't do crimes" approach because you're gonna have to shoot some people. They won't get counted as murders though).

The way you could theoretically do this involves a lot of seduction and good disguise skill - you might argue that breaking into restricted areas is "trespassing" but the game doesn't consider it a crime so you probably shouldn't worry about it. Basically what you'd need to do is first seduce a regular CCS member (who as mentioned, you can find in the gentleman's club) to get the location of the Desert Eagle Bar and Grill. There, you'll need to head in to the boss tile without raising an alarm of any kind (your seduced CCS member will spawn as a bouncer so you don't need to worry about getting in the door). Then you have the option of trying to seduce the CCS boss. This is pretty difficult to do since dating is done by rolling against the opponent's wisdom score and CCS bosses have extremely high stats all around (10-25 BASE, and they get juice bonuses on top of this), but if you have a character with high seduction you'll probably wear them down eventually.

After that you pretty much just have to set them to snoop and wait, because they'll start with infiltration basically maxed out anyway.

The thing that makes all of this difficult is to get the stats required is basically impossible without committing some kind of crime. Juice is mostly gained through illegal activities, and the lighter crimes stop giving juice at relatively low caps. Without juice, most characters' base stats are really going to be too low to give a high enough cap on seduction to stand a chance at seducing the CCS boss. Hell, training up seduction skill itself is most efficiently done via prostitution, which is of course illegal on its own.

All that said, you don't technically HAVE to destroy the CCS to win the game. The goal is to turn the country elite liberal - the CCS will work against you but you can overpower their influence.
LCS Graphical Remake:

https://the-cheshire-cat.itch.io/lcs
Current progress: ~100%

Bidyhackier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2019, 10:15:13 pm »

Well, that was all very helpful, thank you. especially the bit on kidnapping the leaders.. but there is a problem i am running onto, they are very dangerous and thus cant be outright kidnapped, but if i make them less dangerous through the power of liberal assault rifle fire, they become too dead to cooperate. i guess i should be using weaker weaponry then?

Also, i dont consider some things as "crimes", for example, the ccs are a bunch of terrorists, and not even the game itself recognizes murdering the shit out of them as a crime, so why should i?

The Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2019, 10:55:10 pm »

Yeah when a target is considered "dangerous" (meaning they have a weapon) you can't kidnap them until you drop them down to critical health. This is tricky to do generally and the fact that you need to get them out alive afterwards is even harder because they're probably bleeding to death (if your libs have first aid skill they will try to patch up hostages but if they have internal damage they can't do anything about that). Trying to grab a specific person requires a lot of trial and error.

The best approach to kidnapping a target like that is to get them on a date first (pickup lines aren't guaranteed to work either but if you fail at least you can leave without shooting your way out), then kidnap them from there. Make sure to bring a weapon.
LCS Graphical Remake:

https://the-cheshire-cat.itch.io/lcs
Current progress: ~100%

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2019, 02:20:53 pm »

Now, if the CCS attack you, then killing them wouldn't be murder since you're acting in self-defense. However, in order to get the CCS to attack you, your safehouses need heat...

Attacking and killing CCS safehouses technically is murder, but since they don't report it to the police (being terrorists themselves), you won't be flagged for it.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2019, 03:11:31 am »

Now, if the CCS attack you, then killing them wouldn't be murder since you're acting in self-defense. However, in order to get the CCS to attack you, your safehouses need heat...

Attacking and killing CCS safehouses technically is murder, but since they don't report it to the police (being terrorists themselves), you won't be flagged for it.

I thought they didn't report your attack out of shame at getting beaten up by a bunch of grass-eating hippies.   :P

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2019, 02:21:06 pm »

Well, that was all very helpful, thank you. especially the bit on kidnapping the leaders.. but there is a problem i am running onto, they are very dangerous and thus cant be outright kidnapped, but if i make them less dangerous through the power of liberal assault rifle fire, they become too dead to cooperate. i guess i should be using weaker weaponry then?

Kidnapping and shooting people aren't crimes now?

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2019, 04:58:08 am »

Kidnapping and shooting people aren't crimes now?
It's kidnapping and shooting. Not crimenapping and troubleshooting.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister