Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Learning to control EVIL!..... how for does I tweak purple pixel purpusefully  (Read 588 times)

Benjyhana

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

So I've a small world I will play some day, but have kept it for now to tweak... like map art. It's perfect, needs to be at the start of a Book.
But the one thing I can't get right is evil placement.
The method I've been using is to tweak small evil up by one, by one.... then ratch it down and take medium up one then back to small.
But right in the range where the right swamps get picked purple it throws the mountain range that's dwarf needed to terrifying.
The wierd part is that at this point the total evil count (counted and considered seperately for mid and small) goes from 1/3 tiles under limits to 13/27 over limit.
Is there is any other factor to micro control evil placement?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's possible to use DFHack to change region (and world tile, which DF never does) evilness. The Biome Manipulator http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=164658.msg7495705#msg7495705 script can do that. For best results you should change region evilness immediately after it has been set during the world gen process (i.e. before civ placement).
The Worldgen Breakout Box https://github.com/PatrikLundell/scripts/blob/own_scripts/worldgen_breakout_box.lua can be used to interrupt world gen at various points for manual modification of the world (it's also possible to modify a copy of the breakout box script to perform the manipulations as part of the script, without pausing the world gen). Note that the link is to a web page containing the script, not the script itself.

Benjyhana

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Perfect, I couldn't find anything in mephs pack that dealt specifically with Good/Bad, maybe I'm blind tho. This is exactly what I needed. Thx