Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tarn Adams at GDC?  (Read 1462 times)

Ergzay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tarn Adams at GDC?
« on: March 27, 2019, 12:33:36 pm »

Did Tarn do a talk at GDC this year? He said he was going to be there but I haven't seen any mention of any talk.

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
Re: Tarn Adams at GDC?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2019, 12:40:37 pm »

He didn't, he said somewhere in the dozens of QnAs that he wouldn't. Not specified why, but I suspect because of the DF premium announcement taking up all time that would've been spend on a talk otherwise.
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2019, 04:27:55 pm »

Yes, as therahedwig said: Present, but not in any official capacity (but expecting to be busy anyway), if I remember the gist of the answer correctly.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2019, 04:58:09 pm »

He didn't, he said somewhere in the dozens of QnAs that he wouldn't. Not specified why, but I suspect because of the DF premium announcement taking up all time that would've been spend on a talk otherwise.
He was there last year and didn't have a talk. He did do interviews though. Same as this year.

Doorkeeper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2019, 07:48:55 pm »

One of the interviews was with Noclip, a crowdfunded video game documentary channel. The video of the interview will be uploaded to their YT channel in the coming months. They have a Patreon post with more information. According to the post, it'll be about "The History & Design of Dwarf Fortress". Toady also did an interview with PC Gamer, which was mainly about the recent Steam announcement. Here is their article.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2019, 01:05:36 am »

I did the interview for this Motherboard article from my hotel room.  That might be it for media stuff down there?  I met up with Roguelike people in the park, some systems people, some procgen people, Kitfox, a simulation group, a narrative group, various individuals; there can be a lot to do down there, especially if you go a few times in succession and start to recognize faces or plan in advance, and it is also where the two books came from.  GDC talks are a higher-stress higher-profile gig than the ones I normally do, so I tend not to even apply - the two I did in the past were as part of groups where I was not the lead applicant.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2019, 05:50:39 pm »

"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

Doorkeeper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2019, 10:05:01 pm »