Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Invitation to Mafia Championship season 6 (187 communities!)  (Read 20742 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Invitation to Mafia Championship season 6 (187 communities!)
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2019, 04:52:25 pm »

Also the memes with you as Lawful Good at the end are amusing.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2019, 05:04:57 pm »

Yes, this was golden:

For the record, the quote was on D2 when none of the scum had been lynched yet, and I was right about all but Oko. (It turned out the Neutral Evil player was the final member of the mafia, who won them the game).

The Lawful Evil quote is from the scumslip. Apoc (Neutral Good) was successfully discredited and lynched.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2019, 05:50:26 pm »

Charts and graphs. The true enemy of scum. You did good. sad to see town lose that after Apoc poured his heart and soul out to try to get Dendrek lynched though. ;.;
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2019, 05:55:22 pm »

It was frustrating and disheartening to say the least. I'm trying to be a good sport about it all. I know I've made plenty of dumb choices in my time.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2019, 06:02:18 pm »

Honestly, it displays a really fun psychological quirk. It's really fucking hard to change a person's mind after they've formed an opinion. Apoc probably stood a chance with his first few posts, but the longer arguments drew on, the harder it was going to be to convince others that Dendrek's lynch was necessary.
BIRDS.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2019, 06:19:43 pm »

I hope you get voted to go on, but I feel that Apoc and Denrek are probably going to get that honor.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2019, 08:31:24 am »

Honestly I don't know why we bother.  It feels like a huge circlejerk over there.

dolores

• Bay Watcher
  • vinyl
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2019, 09:16:11 am »

Honestly I don't know why we bother.  It feels like a huge circlejerk over there.
B12 might legit be the only place on the internet which does analytical forum mafia, yeah. So far as I can tell from looking at mafiascum etc. It's almost 100% a metatell driven daygame.
As to why any of you bother, it's for the same reason so many crazy closed setups get run here (and everywhere tbh). The kind of people who volunteer are experienced players who are concerned primarily about the novelty of a game. Combined with the languid atmosphere the sub-forum tends to adopt and the resultant emphasis on beginner friendly games, there's almost always someone to rope into the trap of playing on that shithole.

One thing Epicmafia got right (maybe the only thing it got right) was the extreme focus on relatively simple (re: the determinism of nightphase activity) setups, which unfortunately ToS did not.

Personally I feel like the best course of action is to go through rigorous repetition to find some kind of alt-standard open setup with daykills and mediums to solve both sides of the activity problem and just run games back to back until the heat death of the universe, but I'm often told I'm a strange and boring person.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2019, 09:38:26 am »

To represent the more positive axis of opinion here: I think it's interesting seeing the different approaches people bring to the game (some more effective than others)-- and although it has frustrating elements, I think it's overall a cool phenomena to be a part of. I learned a few things playing.

From what I can tell, mafia-as-played-on-other-forums varies quite substantially. I've met quite a number of analytical players from other sites, and yet there are many that come from places which rely entirely on night powers to drive the game. Without a cop to guide them, they don't know how to pick targets.

We also do a couple of things pretty uniquely here, historically having lots of bizarre and novel setups. Many of the kinds of games we run just wouldn't be possible on forums managed by mafiabots (like MafiaUniverse and MafiaScum) because we experiment so much with structure and powers.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2019, 03:57:15 pm »

Ye, if nothing else, I like how relaxed a lot of them are about playing. I envy that sort of laissez-faire kind of approach to mafia. It's less stressful.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 04:15:55 pm by birdy51 »
BIRDS.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2019, 04:20:09 pm »

Nice job getting 4th place NQT! You didn't get in the top 3 by a long shot, but 4th place isn't bad.
Sigtext

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2019, 05:34:35 pm »

Nice to be best of the rest!

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2019, 07:09:25 pm »

Ye! Congrats!
BIRDS.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2019, 07:15:18 pm »

Yes, this was golden:

For the record, the quote was on D2 when none of the scum had been lynched yet, and I was right about all but Oko. (It turned out the Neutral Evil player was the final member of the mafia, who won them the game).

The Lawful Evil quote is from the scumslip. Apoc (Neutral Good) was successfully discredited and lynched.
I like the graphic
Pages: 1 2 [3]