Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Making ink as humans?  (Read 1854 times)

Balgias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Making ink as humans?
« on: March 29, 2019, 09:41:35 am »

I can find no answers to this, the wikipedia article only relates to dwarves.

Balgias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Making ink as humans?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2019, 11:41:38 pm »

Does nobody know how to craft ink as humans?

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2019, 07:44:58 pm »

I don't know if it applies to humans but I am sure I saw an option to make ink from ash in the kitchen workshop, and most of those vanilla workshops work the same in all races so it's worth looking there at least.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

Balgias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2019, 05:13:39 am »

I've kind of given up on humans for ver 44.12, trying to get started with them with the current mood system in place is a nightmare as they're grumbly about rain for whatever reason.

JAK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2019, 03:04:45 pm »

I've kind of given up on humans for ver 44.12, trying to get started with them with the current mood system in place is a nightmare as they're grumbly about rain for whatever reason.

I've had this same problem. After losing an awesome Taiga fortress to the population's insanity due to weather (what in the actual, man?!?!?!) I just modded humans to be stress immune. It isn't hard. Just add [PERSONALITY:STRESS_VULNERABILITY:0:0:0] anywhere in their RAW creature entry. Say what you like about nerfing the difficulty, but man am I having fun not having to stress about spoiled snowflake needs and instead getting to actually do stuff.

I've actually gone and remade the humans' creature RAW entirely to make them into sexually dimorphic warriors. The males are subdivided into 6 castes based on historical knight orders and the 4 female castes are all specialized towards actually doing fortress tasks. I can PM you guys a dropbox link of my creature_civ_human file with them if you like. I'll try to check back here to see if anyone's interested.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2019, 10:06:00 am »

Unless its a oversight, ash is converted to ink at the kitchen in all races, i noticed this while i was playing orcs, so i don't think its meant to be singular to dwarves. I would check the human quickguide sheet too to see if there's a guild hall that lets you quickly make large batches of it.