Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: From an age undreamed of. The third tale (SG)  (Read 9318 times)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
From an age undreamed of. The third tale (SG)
« on: March 29, 2019, 04:53:20 pm »

"Between the time when the Titanomachy fell and rise of the Etruscans, there was an age undreamed of.

A time when the axe ruled the land, An age of mighty kingdoms, forged from blood and steel.
When ones life was worth only what the blade in hand made it.

You are a:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Continuation characters
Characters with more detail and history but your following on from From an age undreamed of. II

Spoiler: 1: Kypris Hostilius (click to show/hide)
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: From an age undreamed of. The third tale (SG)
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2019, 04:56:28 pm »

Intriguing.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2019, 01:47:29 am »

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2019, 09:36:42 am »

Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2019, 05:19:16 pm »

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2019, 05:53:39 pm »

Get husbando!
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2019, 08:30:16 pm »

Vote count is a tie so coin flip time, 2 so the second choice.

You're a Sabine noble, well a noble with only a few penny's to your name and no land.
The horse's roached back sways as you ride along the lonely road, the spitting drizzle soaks your cloak thru.

But then it hits you full in the nose, the stinking smell of decay, an up ahead you see it.
By the foot of large tree there a man, he's holding most of his insides in his arms.
He struggles for a few last breaths, you listen in close as splutters out a late warning of bandits.
You do your best to make him comfortable while he pass on.
Carrying him in to the next town down the road, a small place called Susmont.

The villagers soon gather, nervous of a stranger but your soon in side what passes for a tavern.

"Poor dominik , at first we thought it was a joke but these raiders have grown much bolder then we ever dreamed.
Murder, we must do something, you must hep us." the villages spokes man trys to implore you to help 

"Me? but i'm a-"
"But what? this is not your fight? I know that.
You did us all a favor in bringing dominik's body home, and i, we thank you for that.
But your nearest to a warrior this village has seen in years.
We can pay you, not the bandits, pay a bandit once an you'll still be paying until the stars fall from the sky.
so will you help us?" he asks you.

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2019, 11:03:48 pm »

Sure.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2019, 09:59:14 pm »

"Sure" you agree to the task.

"Brilliant, hear i'll tell you want we know about them."
He pulls out a cloth map, you can see the village marked on it.
"We're here, that's the common, sparrow wood and there on the north side in the old mine workings is where i think there based.
Bakur will go with you, he's a good lad an knows his way around there."

Bakur is outside, he's little more a youth then man, his beard thin an wispy.
"So your the stranger, you got a name?" he asks
"Yes an your to take me to this bandit camp."
"ok them miss mysterious."

You follow him up the hill and across the meadow, down in to the woods.
You soon reach a shallow cliff and down below it you can see a single smoldering camp fire.
In the dim light you manage to count 4 bandits, there not an impressive lot, none of them have swords and only one of them has a helmet.

Your plan is to

A)Sneaking an poison there food?
B) Burn there encampment?
C) Attack them.

Bakur guide, hasa bow.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2019, 10:24:43 am »

C. Directly confront the bandits. Have Bakur cover you from a vantage point with his bow. Before engaging in combat, try to talk to the bandits and ask them about Dominik. Should the bandits openly attack in response, Bakur is to fire upon them while you battle them back with your superior equipment.
Ear teeth

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2019, 01:07:16 pm »

C. Directly confront the bandits. Have Bakur cover you from a vantage point with his bow. Before engaging in combat, try to talk to the bandits and ask them about Dominik. Should the bandits openly attack in response, Bakur is to fire upon them while you battle them back with your superior equipment.
+1

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2019, 01:11:59 pm »

+1
"I'm going down there, you stay here an wait for my signal." you tell Bakur an he nods.
You work your way around down the slope, your stomach flutters with nerves.
You pull your cloak closed, take comfit as you feel your Kopis's hilt and the brass dragons glass eyes under your thumb.
You heart races as you boldly step in to the clearing.

"How are you! Oh he's sent a wore at last!" one of the bandits booms on seeing you.

"Watch your tongue brigand. You tell why you did it an you might leave here alive." you snap back at him as your Kopis flashes out from the cloak.

"Oh so you think you can use that girly? come on give that here.." he picks up a club and approaches you.
He stands up tall in front of you, face raw an red from bad shave, his breath smells of liquor.

As he snatch towards your sword, your to late in pulling back from him and he grabs your wrist, his foot sweeps your leg out from under you and he falls on top of you.

You punch him hard in the mouth, his yellow buck teeth shatter an you roll out from under him.
as you stand up an arrow whistles past your neck far to close for comfit.

The other three bandits are down to two but no less eager to fight, the first one comes at with an axe, the blade smacks to in your bronze bust.
You stagger back with the impact, counter with a slash across his face, parting the bridge of nose in return.

The second one looks at you, eyes focused hard, then an arrow pieces his hand.
Both of the bandits are stunned for a moment as they take in whats just happened, so you attack them.
You attack with a low sweep, going under the bandits guard, and your Kopis slices foot from ankle.

The last one turns and runs.
Now that you have scattered the bandits what do you do now.

Bakur guide, hasa bow.
[/quote]

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2019, 02:36:49 pm »

Panic a little bit. That was way too close, and a bit traumatizing. Look to Bakur for some advice, and perhaps emotional support.
Ear teeth

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2019, 07:04:21 am »

Kill the bandits that are still in the camp, then loot it and grab the thing we came here for.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8