Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: From an age undreamed of. The third tale (SG)  (Read 9323 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: From an age undreamed of. The third tale (SG)
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2019, 12:16:31 pm »

Kill the bandits that are still in the camp, then loot it and grab the thing we came here for.

+1
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2019, 08:52:10 pm »

Kill the bandits that are still in the camp, then loot it and grab the thing we came here for.
Panic a little bit. That was way too close, and a bit traumatizing. Look to Bakur for some advice, and perhaps emotional support.
"Tha..that was far too close he.. he he neary got me" you stutter, filled with adrenalin and fear.

The bandit with freshly broken teeth groans as he stands up.
"No you die killer!" you shout  as you ram your Kopis thru his belly.
"An you too! murders!" you finish the other two off with a pair for swift slashes.

stuned by your own vilance you turn to Bakur for some emotional support.
"Yer take that!" he shouts as make obscene gesture and yells about fleeing bandits parentage and there sexual tastes.
Not much in the way of support there so you sit down and catch your breath.

With the bandits vanquished you loot there small encampment finding little of use or value.
A helmet, old and rusted thin, a water skin, an a dead rat.
None of it worth anything.

You head back in town with dead bandits on your horse.

The villages spokes man greets you with applause and a smile.
"You've do it stranger! there gone! Come every one quick see!"
The villagers start to gather around and find your self at the center of a impromptu party.

Your in the middel of the third tanked of ale when the spokes man hands to a bag of coins with a smile.

"an this if for you as well." he smiles as passes you a sack.
Inside the sack is?

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2019, 09:32:50 pm »

Ivory beads and carvings.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2019, 06:07:02 am »

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2019, 10:54:22 pm »

Ivory beads and carvings.
+1
It the cold and head pounding light of the next morning that open the cloth sack.
The not much inside, seventeen carved ivory bead, and a pair of small figures,
One is a rhino with a topless woman riding it, her right arm broken and her flaking off the gold leaf.
The others a bird with a tiny silver snake it its mouth.

Haveing been paid you get back on the road and by night fall you reach the gates of Aquilon, the capital of Aquilonia.

"Oi Yu, state your name an business here." the guard man blocks your path with a spear.
"Travel" you state.
"Name, for the list" he sighs
"List?" you ask.
"for security purposes, now name or your not come in."  he moans a often repeated spiel.
"Valeria Freninatia" He shrugs and wave you in to the city walls.

You soon find lodging in a tavern, and after a bowl of beef stew you settle down for the night.
As drawn brakes you have time to head in to the market.
The idea new purchases fills your mind as does the idea of finding some work.

(All purchases are one unit of Money.
And yes you have a name now)
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2019, 01:08:35 am »

Lets go buy a helmet, a pair of gauntlets, and a shield then lets go look for some work.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2019, 01:44:27 am »

Lets go buy a helmet, a pair of gauntlets, and a shield then lets go look for some work.

+1 adventure awaits
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2019, 10:43:59 pm »

+1 adventure awaits

You eat what passes for an early breakfast, bread and best of last night stew and head out.

The town is crawling in to life as the sun warms the muddy streets,You hear a commotion in square and wander towards it.

Standing on the steps to the palace is woman, she's half undressed in her bare under linens but surrounded by a dozen armored guardsmen.
With a gay abandon she blindly throws off a girdle of silver plate and garnets, sending it in to the crowd below.
The woman is clearly important but discards her cloths freely, your perplexed by the scene, is this some kind of religious penance?

Heading towards the traders stalls, you duck a boot, the silver heels shine in mud before you for a monument be for a beggar pounces on like wild cat.
Ignoring the woman, you focus on trade and the items you came here for.

The choices of shields is thin, you end up with a simple pine shield, shaped in a long hexagon with three cross straps and center grip under a round iron boss.

In the place of gauntlets you find a pair of leather gloves with iron scales on the back and down the fingers.

But the last item on your list is beyond your purse and so your helmet less.
You head back to your lodging  to see what merchant might have work for you.
Its only as you buy a tanked of ale that it dawns on you, the striping woman from the market, her face is clear on the coin under the words, Sub-Rex Avelot.
The queens younger sister, the Princess Royal.

The politics of day slowly unfold, and a opportunity is clear.
The citys ruler is the Princess Royal Avelot and for some reason she is looking to hire mercenarys.
Another hour and you find out why, it's her husband, lord Gauda the son of Hiempsal and grandson of Juba , and lord of eastern Inumiden.
The man is wealthy from his silver mines but his wealth is under threat by his neighbors and rivals.

But you hear of other work, merchants headed north to the lands of the Kadalsson Dynasty  in need guards.

A) Be a mercenary.
B) Be a caravan guard.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2019, 11:01:24 pm »

Mercenary.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2019, 12:47:20 pm »

Mercenary.
+1
+1

The idea of being a mercenary excites you with the promise travel and adventures.

You buff your cuirass to shine, tie your hair back and head straight to the recruiter.

The smokey room is full odd people, fighters from lands far and wide, that boast with foreign tongues.

The captain looks you up and down as you puff out your chest as stand as tall as you can.
"So, you know how to use do you lass?", he stares you stight in eye as he asks.
"Yes." your blunt and firm eyes locked on his.
"You've kill before an you mint to do it.
I like that in a fighter, a hard heart.
Well whats your name?" 

"Valeria Freninatia"
"Mark the roll," he places a silver cent talent on the table and pass you a quill.
You write your name in full next to a line of X and simple letters.

"Welcome to the company Valeria.
We leave by boat tomorrow, you can stay here until then.
an do your self a favor get to know some of the others."

You soon find your self talking with:

A) The woman in the corner, sharpening a sword.
She has near-white hair in a ponytail with sapphire blue eyes, a mail vest and around her neck is spiked steel collar.

B) The archer in a dice game, his bare muscle bound chest is covered twisting tribal war tattoos.
C) The huge bear of a man, with his morning-star thas nearly as tall as you are.
D) The lost and despite looking Askuzai, her boots are encased with mud, her hair is in a long golden ponytail , she holds odd spear, the head is bird shaped , with silver wings and ratting feathers.
E) The breaded swords man with horn scale shirt and two handed blade across his shoulders.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2019, 06:34:50 pm »

E
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2019, 05:46:46 am »

E

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2019, 06:35:06 am »

E
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8