Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: From an age undreamed of. The third tale (SG)  (Read 9249 times)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: From an age undreamed of. The third tale (SG)
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2019, 10:41:34 pm »

E

"You mined if join you?" you ask the breaded swordman.
"No sit down...So tell me whats a cute girl like doing in company like this?..."
The swords man's called Soion and as you soon find out he's gambler at heart willing to take a flutter on anything.

The next morning you and the rest of the mercenarys board the ship to take you to the land of Inumide.
It's a long voyage, the sun soon starts to beat down on deck and below becomes a sweltering coffin of wood.
After half a week of the beating sun the boat pulls in to anchor at the port of Mizya.

A captain meets you all on the dock and with the rest of the mercenary's are split up in to groups of 10 and given a task.

You sent to
1) Guard one of the mines panning sluice.
2) Patrols to stop raiders.
3) Raid a rival mineing site

[spoiler=Personal Characteristics]
Name : Valeria Freninatia
Description : Female
Equipment:
Bronze anatomical cuirass
Iron scale backed gloves
Pine hexagon shield
Kopis sword

Money: 0
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2019, 10:55:13 pm »

2. Let's stop some raiders.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2019, 01:44:27 am »

Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2019, 08:55:41 pm »

2. Let's stop some raiders.
+1
+1
1 (attacked)

Your sent with the rest of your party to go and guard the mines.
This sults you all but Vorrush the silver hair woman with the spiked steel collar that mutters some plea to her gods and Silrera the Askuzai, who nods despondently.

There's little in the way of directions given to you, more a map of the land and orders to guard it.

But then the captain looks you dead in the eye when he hands you a pendant, one one face a coat of arms, the other a marking rune.

"Keep this, let none of them fall in to enemy hands and be back here with it before the next moon.
For this marks you as one of our side, fail to return in time and you'll be taken for spy's or dead."

The disputed land is the mountains, the river and two lines of hills, the mines are scattered around the mountains and multiple sluice boxes down the river.

Your currently at Lazi, a walled camp above the cliffs, below you is one of mines working, more a peppering smoking holes then any mine you have seen before.
The dark skinned locals are hard at work, digging bell shaped pits down in to the ore bed and cracking the rock with fire to win there silver from it.
In the distance you can see them working sluice box's an pans by the river.

Your still a distance from the river, riding along the banks when a spearhear flash in bush an you spy some raiders.

Spoiler: Party (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2019, 04:06:50 am »

Lets go after the raiders we saw in the bushes.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2019, 06:45:48 am »

+1, see if we can do it stealthily. So we can ascertain numbers, weapons, and such without them knowing we're there.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2019, 12:17:53 pm »

+1, see if we can do it stealthily. So we can ascertain numbers, weapons, and such without them knowing we're there.

The need for you to ascertain there numbers and arms is tempered by your wish not to alert them, well not alert them that you have seen them.

You bring your horse to a halt and wait until Vorrush draw close to you,p assing her the water skin from your saddle you keep your voice low.
"The second bush by that big tree, don't look to closely but there there, past it on to the others while we rest for a minute."

"Is it time for Vokotz to drink?"
"what? who? No! just ... wait a bit for the others we all do this."

As the party rests and ready them self's you take a minute to scan the landscape, looking for more raiders.

You count only three raiders and there not fearsome sight, skinny dark skinned men with small spears.
If it weren't for you orders to guard agent raiders you would take them for hunters.

You tell Skir the archer to hang back while Gorgamm and Silrera head towards the river to flank the raiders 
That is until the raider in the bush nearest you jumps up right and blows a horn.
As it echos you hear battle crys from the bushes behind you, and glance back to see half a dozen more men surrounding you.

Stand an fight or flee?

[/quote]

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2019, 05:23:52 am »

Stay and fight.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2019, 05:29:35 am »

Stay and fight.

+1 fuck it let's do this
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2019, 10:24:42 pm »

Stay and fight.

+1 fuck it let's do this

Spoiler: roles (click to show/hide)
------------

"Lets do this!" you shout as you un-sling your shield and draw sword.

Meeting first of the raiders at a run smash his spear back from his grasp, in one slice you spill his entrails about his feet.
You run to the next one, roll under his thrust and return with a flurry of blows, a cut to the for arm shows red and the white of bone.
Smashing the pommel in the side of his head, you then pull back for a second blow that cuts his lower jaw free.

The moment your free from combat you look around at the others.
To the left you see Soion ram his great thru a mans mouth, shattering teeth before it exits.
On the right Vorrush is trapped next to Skir by a trio of spear men at once, Vorrush's blade flashing before her, as it claims a bite from over eager spear mans hand.

From the rear there's a cry, you turn to see Silrera fall as spear rips thru her calf.
They pounce on G , his morning star smashes the first ones ribs apart but there like a wild pack and spear burst thru his chest before he falls.
You rush to the aid of Silrera, as Skir's arrows whistle over head.

A javelin cuts your forearm open as you charge, the first raider stabs at you spear head digging in to your thigh.
You grit your teeth in pain an bash a second trust aside with your blade before you carve a steak from mans shoulder with a sloppy swing.

Silrera is unsteady on her one good leg an your not much better,the both of you are save more by the raiders declining will to fight then any great skill.
There no end so much as they stop, and then one turns an runs, the rest follow.

You cost the cost and you bind each other wounds, your leg is swore but you are helped back in to the saddle while Silrera protests amount something you frankly don't care to hear, if she wants walk then so be it.

The main good news is that the raiders must of been successful before they meet you, a heavy bag of raw silver ore is found in there effects, even split  among you it's worth a fair penny (Money + 3)

Now as the party limps back to camp you wish only to rest but the rumors disturb you.
It's a grim tale of a sorcerer giving men the power to walk over fire, making blades dull on there body's, they tell that the sorcerer can even walk around with a blades thru his chest.

Spoiler: Soion the swords man (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2019, 09:08:50 am »

Lets rest for a bit and take care of our wounds, then I guess we should get back to patrolling for bandits.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2019, 07:14:07 pm »

Lets rest for a bit and take care of our wounds, then I guess we should get back to patrolling for bandits.

+1
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2019, 08:07:14 pm »

+1

You rest for rest of the week, mostly eating portage and guarding one of the larger mines.

Theirs a lot of time time spent listening to the miners story's and tales.
The one that grips you mind is one that you half ignore, he's a poor story teller and a little to drunk, prone slurring his words.

You miss most of it, there's a she vipers with human form that curses a rude king, a hero prince, a pair of twins babes eaten in spite, an a few gods, in short you get that the rich king is cursed for lack of a few coals to make her fire, an so she births out a swarm of monsters to rival Echidna's brood.

But what you most remember is not the bit where the monster breath makes the kings flash fall from his bones, like resin from a pine-torch, or any of the dreadful fates but the gold and jewels.
For there at lest real, well you don't think there a pools of quick silver and an  sky of silver nor a thousand gold steps up to the palace  but there must be some truth.
And given how theirs a fallen landslide an well so what if the tale has the prince throw the mountain down on the monsters is a myth, theres bund to be some gold there.

Other then the endless tales of the past, are reports and rumors of the sorcerer and a war-band gathering to storm your side of the river.

Your almost happy to return to the risk and danger of patrols once your leg heals.
Days pass as you wander with out engaging the enemy raiders, maybe you've build a reputation.

At drawn on the third day there smoke in the distance, a hazy fog in the sun.

"I smell battle, the gods will soon drink the wine of men." Vorrush grins as she points to the distance.
"what?" you ask half stunned my the idea.
"There's a war party just over that hill an its headed this way."

1: Ride back to warn the others and almost certainly end up in a battle.
2: Head for the mythic treasure in the mountains.
3: Ride way to elsewhere?

Spoiler: Soion the swords man (click to show/hide)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2019, 11:26:12 pm »

1, Let us fight
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8