Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: From an age undreamed of. The third tale (SG)  (Read 9252 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: From an age undreamed of. The third tale (SG)
« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2019, 04:57:53 am »

Put on the helmet and head for the mountains

+1 to adventure!

Plus now we look like a badass, skull face and everything. Just hope it doesn't restrict our vision too much.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2019, 05:27:27 pm »

Definitely not disagreeing with that part of it. I'm just curious to what extent Funk would do rolls for, in regards to perception checks.

If a helmet acts as a penalty to perception checks, especially in dark tunnels where we could easily ambushed, it just becomes a matter of cost/benefits.
( only closed/visor helmets get penaltys to perception checks and only when the visor down.)

With your new helmet on you soon head towards the mountains and long buried loot.

It's dull trip the two of you and pair of pack mules carrying your supply's and tools.

The mountain sides is covered in scrub and bushes but by the first after noon you find a few pieces of cut stone, half burred but there clear proof that your in the right place.

It takes you most of the next day to find where to start, and in the end it sames so simple that your shocked that its taken you so long to find it.

A the top of a small stream bed, there a thin line of the broken stone bricks, a drain.

You start digging there, in to the mountain side, makeing fast and sure progress as you remove more bricks as the shaft gets deeper.

It takes you four days of hard labor from the both of you to reach the next step, the layer of bricks widens and then finally it gives way to nothing.

The smell of old stagnant water and stale air hits you, you've found it.
But as you wave a torch thru in to cavern, you see it, a thing, some monster.
Its manlike, it pale flesh is ghostly white and covered slim, as you craw back wards it turns to face you, with it's beady red eyes and dripping mouth filled with needle like fangs.

It hiss's at and darts towards you only to get your touch in the face.
Bursting to the day light you grab your sword stair at tunnel waiting for them the follow you.

There unwilling to brave the midday sun, but you can see them waiting in the gloom of the tunnel for darkness.

What now?
Spoiler: Soion the swords man (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Party (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2019, 08:19:34 pm »

Leave the cave, find large rocks, head back to the cave, and throw said rocks at the beast. If no rocks are found, find some small animals to kill and throw their carcasses into the cave. Try and do one of these things before sunset

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2019, 03:05:20 am »

Leave the cave, find large rocks, head back to the cave, and throw said rocks at the beast. If no rocks are found, find some small animals to kill and throw their carcasses into the cave. Try and do one of these things before sunset

+1 we ain't fighting this sonuvabitch fairly if we can help it.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2019, 03:59:51 am »

+1 We have all those bricks we removed to get to the cave, lets throw them.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2019, 08:28:20 am »

Oh, I didn't know we had bricks, yes throwing hem would be a good idea

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2019, 06:10:16 pm »

Oh, I didn't know we had bricks, yes throwing hem would be a good idea

I'll admit that i'm not keeping a perfect track of your inventory, only the major items are listed as i don't whan't to do lots of book keeping and encumbrance counting.
I'm willing to let you have anything you reasonably have on you or near you.
I.E. right now a pocket knife, a burning log from the campfire, a rope, a spade or pick, a bed roll or caldron with your dinner in it.
Really anything that might be around is fair game if you can argue it.
--------------
1 ,3,1
You try to throw bricks that the leach man, but it backs away in to the tunnel.
It's hard to hit it, the tunnel is small, barely big enough of you to work bent over in, and the angle shields it from your throws.

Out of bricks, you stare at it an they the idea hit you, Bait.
You try throwing you're dinner in the tunnel mouth, it quickly darts forwards to eat the bacon from bowl your dinner.
That meant that you can hurl a brick clearly at it the lech-man's head,  it white skin splits open and shrieks in pain.

Angered it rush's towards you, you try to hack it down but your sword is too late an whistles thru the empty air.
Its fanged mouth suckeres around your sword arm numbing it in an instant.
Soion sweep at it legs, sword parting as it fall , thrashing and shrieking wildly.
You kick it away from you and Soion strike it with all his might, splinting it from belly an chest from what remains of it legs.

With it dead, you binds your arm and wounder whats else in side the tomb and do you what to risk it?

[/quote]
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 15, 2019, 06:24:58 pm »

Now that that is dead, we can venture further

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 15, 2019, 06:26:27 pm »

See what the damage is to our arm, first.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 16, 2019, 07:42:10 am »

Let us check our arm then venture forth.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 16, 2019, 10:21:15 am »

+1 Combining both ideas into one sounds better than keeping them seperate

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 21, 2019, 04:43:33 pm »

This just to let you all know that i'm off on Holiday so there will be a gap to up dates until i get back..

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 10, 2019, 09:05:13 pm »

Ok this is the post dysentery and broken PC up date.

An i'm back early.

+1 Combining both ideas into one sounds better than keeping them seperate

You bind your bleeding arm and the both of you head in to the mine and the tomb beyond.
It's dark inside the shadows from your torches hide things, one moment it's another monsters the next it's a wall of dirt.

You round the conner, passed the rotted door, there's a small tunnel and you can see a pair of egg, there white vianney mass's pulsating in the darkness.
The rest of the former palace is half covered in dirt and droppings from the leach beast.

But there loot to be had here, you quickly start throwing anything you can sell in to a bag.

On one corpse there’s calfskin shoes with silver buckles, on another an earring and a hair ornament.
The bag soon fills with items worth sale at town.
You have little love for the damp an musty holes in the ground so you begin the ride back to the port city of Mizya.
You have an easy time selling the treasure, even the broken bits are taken for good coin.

With a heavy purse on your hip you take lodging in a up markert taven, a place where you get a private room and the offer of attractive company after dinner.

The morning comes soon and you have a new day to meet.

[/quote]
[/quote]

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 11, 2019, 02:31:28 am »

Let us buy a helmet and if we have enough money we should buy one for Soion as well, then we should go back and see if there is any more stuff to loot.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 11, 2019, 02:39:06 am »

We do have a helmet, the bascinet. Getting one for Soion can be +1
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8