Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: From an age undreamed of. The third tale (SG)  (Read 9347 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: From an age undreamed of. The third tale (SG)
« Reply #90 on: August 01, 2019, 09:25:24 am »

Lets scout around so we can get a better idea of the area.

Also did we buy the amulet?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 04, 2019, 11:01:08 pm »

Lets scout around so we can get a better idea of the area.

Also did we buy the amulet?
Yes you have the amulet.

"What we need is a better idea of the area, we need to know what we're facing first.
Andosteni buy us some horses while me and Soion  take look at this enemy fortress."

You part ways on foot and spend most the day walking towards the enemy fortress.
It's late in the afternoon, when you arrive at the enemy fortress as the sun starts to set.
It sat on a hill above the river valley, you approach across the ditch filled with sharp stakes and in to the walls.
You get to study the walls as Soion pay's the traders toll, there a simple earthen bank with you note a stepped row of double wooden palisades.
The gate way is simple, a wooden door with thick beams to bar it with but no portcullis or drawbridge.

Perhaps Andosteni was right, you could sneak in, the walls are low enough, with a strong hook an rope you could easily climb them. 
Even the gate is weak, a good ram would easily get inside, if only you had the numbers for that...

Once inside you start to count the guards, there ten men on walls, there armed with a mix of bronze short swords, spears and hide shields.
You settle down for the night inside a large sunk in mead hall.
After a brief look around in the morning you leave, have counted the guards up to twenty.

On your return to the port, you decide to
A) Lurch  a sneak attack at night?
B) Gather as many men as Andosteni can and attack the fort head on?
C) Ambush there hunting party?

Spoiler: Soion the swords man (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Andosteni (click to show/hide)

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 05, 2019, 01:40:41 am »

Ambush the hunting party, if we can get more information on what's inside, that would be better.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 05, 2019, 07:11:16 am »

Ambush the hunting party, if we can get more information on what's inside, that would be better.
+1

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 05, 2019, 08:28:00 am »

+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 18, 2019, 05:02:16 pm »

+1
+1
"What we need is inside knowledge and to let people know that your back, call then to arms and rid the land of this tyrant."
"Your right, we do need some better knowledge of there fort, but this ambush i have a plan for that.

we can strike here, that's the best root back from a hunt.-" Andosteni starts to point at the map.
" and your sure why?" Soion interrupts
"I know these lands, the hunt is a poor living but that the best route back from any chase ." Andosteni reminds him.
"Are you sure?, we could sneak in to the camp or try to join them on the ride?" Soion asks
"Do you see the diamond studded ring of Iffland on my fingers? or do you have the ring of gyges? No i'd be seen an killed, killed in some nasty way too.
An you two are both clearly outsiders, they'd never let you join them."

So it is that as a mist blankets the ground you lie in ambush.
Hidden behind a tree you wait, holding the rope that will drop a spiked log on the path.

Its a long wait until you can see them a trio on horse back, and a pair of youths with hounds accompanying them.

"Now!" Andosteni shout's as he jumps in the path before them
"Jaxon! it's you paid the crooked one!" he shouts drawing his sword.
 On seeing him one of the youths turns and runs in to the forest.

1) Stay an fight?
2) Chase the youth before he can warn others?

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 18, 2019, 06:54:12 pm »

Stay and fight. We kill these people, then we might have room to set a trap for the reinforcements.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 19, 2019, 01:25:42 am »

Stay and fight. We kill these people, then we might have room to set a trap for the reinforcements.
+1

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 19, 2019, 04:20:57 am »

+1
+1

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 20, 2019, 08:34:07 pm »

+1
+1
You leave the youth an let them run.
The trio are the main threat and you boldly meat the blade in hand.
You first slash bites in to flesh to the bone and drops a rider, Soion strikes with you from the other side, splitting both man and beast with mighty swing.

As the riders fall Andosteni leaps on the front rider straight in to the saddle.
He wrestles with rider as the fallen horse kick wildly around you, as the fallen pony darts forwards you meet the rider as he draws his sword.

"Come on harlet! You'll pay for that!" he swings at you an it bounce off your sheild.
Returning a swing, he ducks back an his thrust makes you give him space.
The space to trip on the horse and let you carve a deep gash in pelvis, the return slash spills his belly open.
Soion's foe is rammed thru from leg to shoulder with a single cunning thrust.

Andosteni is troubled for a moment before you drive your blade thru his foes unguarded back.
His face is one of shock an dicscust as foemans bowls are splatted across him.

"but but you shouldn't of killed him,
I was going to take him prisoner send a message back.." Andosteni stutters.
"Well he dead now an this is our message, come on lets get out of here before more come" you tell him.
"More?!" he asks shocked
"One of the youths ran for it, but we have the lead." you tell him.
"Wait we can hide up there, no one will suspect that" Soion point to the tall trees above you.

You head towards
1) The river bank
2) The woods
3) Up the Trees
4) Other

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 21, 2019, 01:38:17 am »

Cover our group in blood and have Soion and our character play dead on the ground. Andosteni should climb into the trees, but before that let's loot our opponents and see if they have any usable ranged weaponry.

If there's none, Andosteni can pick up some rocks for projectiles. He'll be in a tree, and when the reinforcements have arrived at the scene and are surveying things with their guard down, Andosteni will throw projectiles at them. That's the signal for our character and Soion to jump up and attack.

Andosteni will climb down as quick as he can and join us in the melee, once he runs out of projectiles.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 21, 2019, 02:15:43 am »

Cover our group in blood and have Soion and our character play dead on the ground. Andosteni should climb into the trees, but before that let's loot our opponents and see if they have any usable ranged weaponry.

If there's none, Andosteni can pick up some rocks for projectiles. He'll be in a tree, and when the reinforcements have arrived at the scene and are surveying things with their guard down, Andosteni will throw projectiles at them. That's the signal for our character and Soion to jump up and attack.

Andosteni will climb down as quick as he can and join us in the melee, once he runs out of projectiles.

+1

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 30, 2019, 07:31:38 pm »

+1

"Wait i've got one better, Andosteni you get up those trees, Soion an i we stay here.
"So left brush an right bush"
"No -you take off your cloak- we stay right here, down among the dead men.
No one looks at the dead to closely, there where we have gone, then Andosteni you can throw a spear or something at them, We jump up an take them from behind."

"Well you own me a new cloak after this, A get up there." Soion passes Andosteni a spear.
You both lie there covered in blood stained cloaks among the dead.

It's a long wait, long enough for you hate the flies that gather as you stare the hairless knuckles of the dead blacksmith.

"Shh" Andosteni warns of riders coming.

"what in the gods names is this?
YOU! go get the dogs and tell Iarlaith to bar the gates, we'll get these sons of bast --Arrk---" the spear bursts thru his belly cutting his breath short.

In an instant your up and at them, your Kopis cuts the first man's arm in half thru the elbow.
As the second one turns your hilt meets his jaw an cracks in half, knocking him to the ground.

Soion's swords cuts a wide sweeps thru ankle an knee as he fells the horse, on in a moment he kicks the rider and drags him from under the beast.

"Good bring them, leave the others." A tells you as he drops from the tree branch.

You take a brief moment to loot the valuables and bind your prisoners, now you just have to make then talk...

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 31, 2019, 03:27:15 am »

We should probably move them off the road before we start interrogating them, and as for interrogating them we should start by asking, then if they don't answer we should start hitting them with our fists.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 31, 2019, 07:44:20 am »

We should probably move them off the road before we start interrogating them, and as for interrogating them we should start by asking, then if they don't answer we should start hitting them with our fists.

+1
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8