Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Poll of the Unspecified Amount of Time: Quan's chances of survival?

0.000%
- 1 (16.7%)
1.1%
- 0 (0%)
5%
- 1 (16.7%)
25%
- 1 (16.7%)
50%
- 1 (16.7%)
100%
- 2 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15

Author Topic: Dark Fortress: Reign of the Blackened [6/6]  (Read 30913 times)

MrThrowaway

• Bay Watcher
  • The Trashman
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Fortress: Reign of the Blackened [6/6]
« Reply #105 on: June 19, 2019, 06:35:07 pm »

Enjoy the meal.

"May I take a walk after the meal? You know to like help me digest it."
el basurero

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 26, 2019, 11:40:36 am »

I just realized I've completely forgotten to do an action. ._.
I've been busy, ok?

Get to a safe and hidden area while trying to somewhat get my bearings.
Please, if you're going to teleport me, warn me first, and let me know where we're going. That was the second time I've been teleported without knowing what was going on, and I'm worried that the next time it happens, I'll get killed.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 26, 2019, 02:38:17 pm »

sir knight could I borrow your sword to cut my hair, it is very inconvenient to have long hair like this?
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 30, 2019, 04:50:58 am »

PM'd FakerFanGirl, we will wait a week or two for Leona's action.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 30, 2019, 08:20:51 am »

Certainly, but I need you to do me a favor. I'm going to put this ring on, and I'm afraid it's cursed. If stuff goes wrong, I'm going to need you to do all in your power to force the spring water down my throat."

Get the water stone ready and put the ring on.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 10:10:32 am by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 05, 2019, 07:37:47 pm »

Turn 11

Morion

[4] Morion placed the dagger on a rock and ensured that it'd lie in a stable position. Then he made a step back, stretched out his hands and channeled energy through the weapon. He felt how his power clashed against the curse, sending shivers up his spine. Slowly but steadily, Morion overcame the arachnid enchantment and connected with the spirit hiding with it! Not only he identified the full power of the dagger, but also found out how to create spells from it!

Code: [Select]
Morion:
Ravenous blade of Arachnids - a combat dagger giving a strong green glow.
[Mark of Arachnids [1d100 damage, on use] 18 Dark Damage, 24 Physical Damage, 30 Durability]

New Skill:
Venomous Bite - Summons missiles looking like spider-like fangs and shoots them at the target. Deals 24 physical damage, 32 dark damage and poisons [4 damage per turn] target for 2 turns. 4 turns cooldown.

New Ability:
Summon Darkfang - Summons a powerful giant spider for 2 turns, 4 turns cooldown]

Demir

[1] As Demir approached the platter with food, the turkey voilently jumped off of it and tried to attack him!

[5] Thankfully, Lizard used his powers to banish it away and summoned an edible one this time, which the wanderer ate.

Lizard's Masterful Turkey: This bird must've been teleported through several dimensions and different conditions before it ended on a platter. As such, its preparation is truly otherworldly.
[Restores 20 HP, decreases max endurance by 10 for 2 turns]

Demir: Well Fed [Regenerates 5HP per turn], max endurance decreased

"May I take a walk after the meal? You know to like help me digest it." Demir asked the Lizard.

[5] "Of course! I can show you an excellent sightseeing location that is just an hour away from my master's abode!" he replied.

Quinn Learner

"Please, if you're going to teleport me, warn me first, and let me know where we're going. That was the second time I've been teleported without knowing what was going on, and I'm worried that the next time it happens, I'll get killed." Quinn remarked and tarlord replied: "It won't happen next time. It would take only a few hours before my spawn finally attunes to your energy and you will gain more control over it. Naturally, this comes at a price of being spiritually linked with it, meaning that should it get hurt, you will suffer as well."

[1] Before Quinn could hide anywhere a squad of dread knights ran out of the outpost!

[5] "Hey, you over there! You must be the Black Archivist! Know that we cannot hurt you, as the rule of the king of Bleak Valley forbids fights between covenants. We will let you leave freely, but be warned - foolish adventurers who enter the valley are not bound by this law and will chop your head off just for a tiny bit of power!" yelled one of them.

Quan & Rainer Edmunton

"Sir knight could I borrow your sword to cut my hair? It is very inconvenient to have long hair like this." inquired Quan. "Certainly, but I need you to do me a favor. I'm going to put this ring on, and I'm afraid it's cursed. If stuff goes wrong, I'm going to need you to do all in your power to force the spring water down my throat." Rainer said and prepared himself.

[6] Rainer put on the ring and instantly saw realities flashing before his eyes, then everything became normal. Suddenly a fiery portal opened in front of him from which a mysterious skinny man walked out. A little bit taller than average, with red hair and a general look that might be called "elfish", instead of skin he had small white scales, and his face was stretched into a dragon-like snout. Snout scales are red, with yellow and orange streaks are scattered across his face. Scales on his feet are green, and there are grass-like hair on them.

[3] "Fear not, for I am a friend." Rainer and Quan could hear immense power in his voice. "My name is Aaron Blaze, and I have noticed you when you were lost, transitioning between the realms of time and space. The curse on this ring is of unbreakable nature for elements of your world, but it was just a tiny spark for me. I have changed the curses placed upon it into blessings, as well as gave you a possibility to summon me for advice." Aaron stopped for a moment. It was a really long time since he walked on the ground like mortals do. "That is not all." he continued "Do you happen to know what Undead Hunt is? Let me explain this phenomenon. It is a cataclysmic event that opens the gates of the Underworld, awakens ancient undead and brings false gods from heavens at the same time, all around the world. Now, why would this happen? The chains of creation, wearing down and falling to entropy, starting a cataclysmic cleanse which makes the chains weaker and weaker. All this because the one who created primal concepts withered away... Alas, that is not true. Once I was freed from my mortal coil and ascended, I broke free and was able to travel far beyond. And after enough travelling, I had to face the truth which was much more grim than what I have thought. Undead Hunts happening all over other universes, dimensions and timelines! Again and again, harvesting tremendous amounts of power! I have followed traces the energy left after being absorbed, and they led me to an omnipresent and insanely power being at the center of all things!" he stopped again to think. "While the soul of the narrator, who binds spacetime and weaves the fabric of reality may stop certain worlds in time, such as in Churchbury, this won't hapen here. What is more, the Undead Hunt in your world was meant to happen years ago, but something from within the Dark Fortress of this valley is preventing it. There are forces in motion that seek to break these shackles and bring the Hunt. You must head to the center of Bleak Valley, to the Dark Fortress and defend it lest an eternal doom will be brought upon this world! Beware of Dread Knights - the pawns of Dark, and Tarlords - descendants of fire and brimstone. Go now, and do not waste time!" with that he disappeared, leaving a trail of fire in the sky.

Rainer:
Aaron's Claw - a silver ring with a brown gem.
[Summon Aaron Blaze [Only for advice, no other restrictions], +1 to rolls when HP is below 10, +1 to finding loot

GM Notes

I will update the sheets tomorrow, as it's nearly 3 a.m for some reason. Also, a few important things:
  • Endurance is not dropping with each turn anymore. Combat, skills and abilities still require it.
  • You may now conduct conversations between characters and with NPCs between turns in IC posts. Conversation Rolls would be applied only when necessary, reducing the amount of rolls screwing up conversations. You may also use the discord channel for this, but only if someone posts an IC post with the whole conversation or PMs it to me.
  • Also: Aaron Blaze

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 05, 2019, 09:33:32 pm »

(-‸ლ)
...thank you for the advance warning.
Quinn leaves the area. Once he’s a decent ways away...
You do recognize that the item you’ve chose as your nest was intended as a shield, right? Would my using it as such hurt your spawn? Because if that’s the case, and your spawn being hurt would hurt me in turn, you do realize that that completely defeats the point of a shield.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 05, 2019, 10:18:07 pm »

SWEET! Go find something else to comprehend.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 06, 2019, 05:46:57 pm »

(-‸ლ)
You do recognize that the item you’ve chose as your nest was intended as a shield, right? Would my using it as such hurt your spawn? Because if that’s the case, and your spawn being hurt would hurt me in turn, you do realize that that completely defeats the point of a shield.

You still have much to learn... The tar shield is indestructible with my spawn within it. The shakes of combat would only make it uncomfortable for a moment, which we want to avoid.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 06, 2019, 06:04:49 pm »

(-‸ლ)
You still have much to learn... The tar shield is indestructible with my spawn within it. The shakes of combat would only make it uncomfortable for a moment, which we want to avoid.
Ok.
In addition to the previously stated action, Quinn also seeks out a nearby magic source from which to enchant his equipment.

MrThrowaway

• Bay Watcher
  • The Trashman
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 08, 2019, 02:54:42 pm »

Follow the Lizard
el basurero

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 11, 2019, 06:10:08 pm »

”...ok, I’m not going to lie, that was absolutely awesome!

Look for more loot.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 11, 2019, 07:00:10 pm »

"it was quite interesting indeed"
use the borrowed sword to cut my long arse hair then use said hair as a binding for a make shift hammer
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 19, 2019, 05:19:15 pm »

Turn 12

Quinn Learner

[4] "...thank you for the advance warning." Quinn remarked leaving the dread knight territory. Once he was decent ways away he said: "You do recognize that the item you’ve chose as your nest was intended as a shield, right? Would my using it as such hurt your spawn? Because if that’s the case, and your spawn being hurt would hurt me in turn, you do realize that that completely defeats the point of a shield.", "You still have much to learn... The tar shield is indestructible with my spawn within it. The shakes of combat would only make it uncomfortable for a moment, which we want to avoid." replied the tarlord. Quinn expressed his understanding and started searching for a source of energy.

[6] He detected a source of great power behind a large boulder. He was about to inspect it, but his tarlord warned him: "Stop! It's not a source of energy! It must an enemy mystic trying to lure you!"

Morion

[6] The pale mystic was overwhelmed by enthusiasm and decided to find something more to comprehend. He sensed strange power coming from a small greenish mushroom growing beneath a tree stump. Upon coming closer to inspect its energy closer, the mushroom started growing until it turned into a humanoid made of its tissue!

Mushroom Giant: [64/64]

Demir

[3] The wanderer followed Lizard. They left the cottage and went through a crowd of zombies without being attacked, then went up a tower from which they could see as far as the Realm of Tar. "This is it! You can see almost entire valley from here!" hissed out the golem.

Rainer Edmunton & Quan

"...ok, I’m not going to lie, that was absolutely awesome!", "It was quite interesting indeed" said both Rainer and Quan looking at the sky.

[1] The knight decided to look for some loot. He found a rotting corpse and approached it, then heard: "What did I just tell you!? Do not loot corpses!" yelled the Disturbed.

[3] "This is your last chance kniggit!" said the undead.

[4] Quan borrowed a sword from Rainer and made himself a truly fantastic haircut! It literally changed his appearance from a dirty thief to a noble man!

GM Notes

Leona Maple is moved to cold storage! Tiruin - your character is in with the next update!

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 20, 2019, 02:07:58 am »

Quan attempts to uses the hair he cut off as bindings for a make shift hammer
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15