Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Poll of the Unspecified Amount of Time: Quan's chances of survival?

0.000%
- 1 (16.7%)
1.1%
- 0 (0%)
5%
- 1 (16.7%)
25%
- 1 (16.7%)
50%
- 1 (16.7%)
100%
- 2 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15

Author Topic: Dark Fortress: Reign of the Blackened [6/6]  (Read 30817 times)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Fortress: Reign of the Blackened [6/6]
« Reply #120 on: July 20, 2019, 09:44:38 am »

I cast Summon Darkfang and retreat behind my murder-spider.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 22, 2019, 09:55:14 am »

Keep a ways away from the boulder, and see if I can identify the nature of the energy and mystic.

It may be a trap, but it's not necessarily a trap for me.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

MrThrowaway

• Bay Watcher
  • The Trashman
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 23, 2019, 06:01:44 am »

Use the good view to look for anything that stands out.
el basurero

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 25, 2019, 06:34:33 am »

I will search for loot again, specifically away from any corpses.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 11:59:11 am by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 25, 2019, 07:44:54 am »

I will search for loot again.
Please at least specify that you’re specifically not looking for loot on corpses.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Fortress: Reign of the Blackened [7/7]
« Reply #125 on: July 26, 2019, 10:46:28 am »

Turn 12
Subturn 1

Iolani & Unfghe Ihytgz

A young woman with light brown complexion and wavy, black hair just entered the Bleak Valley. Iolani, as this was her name, used her connections several weeks ago and set on a lone journey to the east. She approached the Valley from the north after several detours. Iolani went down a small gorge and saw a bald man with a long silver beard and bright red eyes. It seemed that he already spent a while in this place. "It's good to finally meet someone in this accursed place! My name's Unfghe Ihytgz." he said and they moved inwards the Valley together.

GM Notes

Leona Maple was moved to cold storage! Iolani is in the game and I decided to allow Unfghe in as well.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 30, 2019, 07:21:18 am »

Iolani & Unfghe Ihytgz

A young woman with light brown complexion and wavy, black hair just entered the Bleak Valley. Iolani, as this was her name, used her connections several weeks ago and set on a lone journey to the east. She approached the Valley from the north after several detours. Iolani went down a small gorge and saw a bald man with a long silver beard and bright red eyes. It seemed that he already spent a while in this place. "It's good to finally meet someone in this accursed place! My name's Unfghe Ihytgz." he said and they moved inwards the Valley together.
"If there are any issues, I'll take care of them--and by that I mean anything that wants to harm us. I don't know your skills but that's my forte. How've you been living out here in the valley?"

Travel onwards, always keep watch during sleep hours, and forage for food with the help and guidance of the other well-traveled person.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 31, 2019, 01:13:01 pm »

Turn 13

Quan & Rainer Edmunton

[5] Quan used his cut hair to make a binding for a makeshift hammer. He ensured that the handle and rocks he picked up were of finest quality! Additionaly, he felt a strange spark upon consctructing it. As if he imbued it with power...

[4 +1] Rainer decided to find some more useful items, this time specifically away from any corpses. There was no need to look far - someone dropped some trash into the valley and mistakenly dropped a small pouch. "Tbq qnzavg! Zl pelfgnyf!" yelled the furious man. "Abj V jba'g trg vg onpx!" he hissed out and left. Rainer took the pouch and opened it. He found several transparent crystals with pinkish tint. He heard that they were used for many rituals, including short-distance teleportation.

Code: [Select]
Quan: Makeshift Rock Hammer - A crude weapon made out of hair, a sturdy stick and a rock, yet there is something unusual about it...
[?, 12 physical damage, 24 durability]

Rainer: Pouch of catalyst crystals
[12 crystals]

Morion

[6] Morion grabs his dagger and unleashes its power to summon Darkfang! The enormous spider instantly appears in front of him "Finally free! Are you the one that summoned me mushroom boy?" the spider hissed out approaching the mushroom giant. The monstrosity nodded and pointed at the mystic!

[5] The spider turned back and looked at terrified Morion holding the dagger in a lousy combat stance. "You bloody liar! That man is the summoner! I'll rip your head off and lay eggs inside it!"

[Darkfang: 6, 3, 6, 2]
[Mushroom Giant: 2, 4, 1, 3]

Without further ado, the giant spider ran up to the mushroom giant and grabbed it with two of its legs, then proceeded to ripping the mushroom's head off. Once done, Darkfang indeed layed eggs within the decapitated body, turned to Morion and said: "You don't even know how much time I spent in that dagger. Summon me more often, you hear me?" then it teleported back into the dagger.

Darkfang & Morion: +32 Experience

Quinn Learner

[6] Quinn tried to stay away from the boulder and identify the threat, but with every backward step he moved closer to the stone! He quickly realized that it's an illusion and the enemy never even was behind the stone! "Ah, so you already found out! Excellent, now we can make this even more entertaining!" a man with a high pitched voice said mockingly.

"How could I get so deceived? It must be the limitation of my current form!" said the tarlord.

Demir

[3] The wanderer took the opportunity to look for anything that stands out. An enormous fortress in the middle of the Valley was the most obvious thing, but he also noticed several tents and buildings around the valley's borders, the great lake of tar in the other end and a neighboring citadel of Dread Knights.

"Do you enjoy the view?" Lizard asked.

Iolani & Unfghe Ihytgz

"If there are any issues, I'll take care of them--and by that I mean anything that wants to harm us. I don't know your skills but that's my forte. How've you been living out here in the valley?" The mysterious man did not reply.

[2] Iolani wanted to move further, but Unfghe did not move.

GM Notes

Dusk in two turns, seek shelter (I'll include time of the day in the turns from now on).

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 31, 2019, 01:29:36 pm »

Alrighty then. Seek shelter, I guess.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 31, 2019, 01:53:05 pm »

Get out my whip and hold my shield out defensively.
Who are you, illusionist?

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 31, 2019, 06:58:19 pm »

Quan goes to find the knight, also make sure to take my new weapon with me
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 01:40:51 pm by darkwarlock3 »
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 01, 2019, 05:49:50 am »

Get out my whip and hold my shield out defensively.
Who are you, illusionist?

The enemy cackled. "Illusionist is a term for all those puny street maggots using sparks to get the change out of brainless masses." He stopped for a moment and shouted "I, Illraniur the Great am no mere illusionist! I've been looking for a worthwhile opponent for a long time! Do not disappoint me Black Archivist!"

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 01, 2019, 08:35:36 am »

[muttering] I haven’t even been here a damned day...

An illusionist is a worker of illusions. Which you quite clearly are.

Swing my whip around me. I can’t be certain that his voice is actually coming from where it seems to be, but even if I don’t hit him hard, if I hit him, I’ll know where he is.
I can even let some of the tar on my whip stay on him, so I can sense it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 01, 2019, 08:39:49 pm »

((Can't I just...scavenge from the surroundings. This is sapping x.x))

Make shelter and use the environment for our protection. Try to find some herbs, wood, and other things--using my knife as a tool and elsewise, and return to the wanderer who is probably doing stuff while their player isn't posting.

Or lead the way and use their knowledge as support. Finding a better place to rest with basic survival needs met for continued exploration is the first priority.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 04, 2019, 07:38:44 am »

Turn 14

Evening [1]

Morion

[5] Morion found an abandoned shack near the path he was currently following. He checked it twice using both physical and arcane means, and he found out that no one visited this place in a really long time. He should be completely safe here!

Quinn Learner

Quinn got out his whip and held his shield out defensively. "Who are you, illusionist?" he asked. The enemy cackled. "Illusionist is a term for all those puny street maggots using sparks to get the change out of brainless masses." He stopped for a moment and shouted "I, Illraniur the Great am no mere illusionist! I've been looking for a worthwhile opponent for a long time! Do not disappoint me Black Archivist!"

"I haven’t even been here a damned day..." Quinn muttered angrily, then said: „An illusionist is a worker of illusions. Which you quite clearly are.”

[Quinn: 4, 6, 2, 1]
[Illraniur: 6, 6, 3, 3]

The mystic started striking with his whip all around to find the position of the enemy, but the lashes kept coming back against him from the other side! „Fool! This is not a mere illusion!”

[Quinn: -15 HP]

Quan & Rainer Edmunton

[1] Quan wanted to find Rainer and saw him a short distance away. He also noticed that someone was staring at him from the shadows, waiting for the sun to go down.

[4] Rainer got back to Quan.

Iolani & Unfghe Ihytgz

[5] Iolani hastily scavenged for herbs, wood and other useful resources, from which she made a sturdy shelter!

[6] Unfghe approached Iolani and spoke with a strange, unnatural voice: My descendant is... unavailable right now. His mind... drifted away. Fear not, for I, Pguhyuh Sugnta will take care of him while he's not responding.

GM Notes

There are 2 morning turns, 6 day turns, 2 evening turns and 4 night turns. Night is where all the monsters go out. They'd be marked as:
Morning
Day
Evening
Night
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15