Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Poll of the Unspecified Amount of Time: Quan's chances of survival?

0.000%
- 1 (16.7%)
1.1%
- 0 (0%)
5%
- 1 (16.7%)
25%
- 1 (16.7%)
50%
- 1 (16.7%)
100%
- 2 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15

Author Topic: Dark Fortress: Reign of the Blackened [6/6]  (Read 30356 times)

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Fortress: Reign of the Blackened [7/7]
« Reply #150 on: August 19, 2019, 03:46:59 pm »

"i can do that, it shouldn't be that hard."
Quan goes to gather the loot dropped by the monsters
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 19, 2019, 09:29:32 pm »

Maybe now I can stop forgetting what all I have and can do. I guess do Detect Energy around my hiding place, ask Darkfang where he comes from and how he ended up stuck inside a dagger.

Spoiler: Morion (click to show/hide)

?
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 20, 2019, 02:23:14 am »

Damn! I missed the action somehow, I'll write you a sub-turn.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 20, 2019, 06:09:33 am »

Watch Quan and make sure he stays safe.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 24, 2019, 10:43:37 am »

Turn 16
Morion Subturn

Night [1]

Morion

[1] Morion tired to detect some energy, but an enormous discharge occured and sent an electric wave that hurt him! It seems that there was a seal placed somewhere in this house!

Code: [Select]
Morion: -20 HP [20/40]
After everything settled down, Morion asked Darkfang where he comes from and how he ended up stuck inside a dagger. "I lived during the Age of Ancients, I was one of the giant arachnids of the north. We have just arrived on this continent and taken hold of all the northern shores and a fair deal of the land, but then the titans that already lived in the central part of the lands attacked! We have united with rising humanity to defeat them, but we lacked the power. As such, all the arachnids united into one powerful being - the Darkfang. This new being was unstable, so its soul was imbued into a dagger of one of the human kings." the spider replied. "I am no longer alive if you are wondering, I'm just a memory clinging to a soul enchanted into an item."

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 26, 2019, 10:12:20 am »

Ouch. Try and rest to heal myself, I guess.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 26, 2019, 01:00:47 pm »

Turn 17

Night [2]

Quinn Learner

[3] Quinn tried to build a shelter again and managed to form a crude dome around himself and the neigbhboring area!

[1] Then he tried to find out why he can't lift the bag. Attempting to identify its energies only backfired at him and shocked him with an electric charge!

Quinn: -15 HP [10/40]
[4] He then tried to check its contents. Simply opening it revealed that there was an entire inn located inside, with all the patrons alive and well!

Rainer Edmunton & Quan

”Hey, I scared off these monsters that was outside. Would you mind collecting the lootthey dropped while I keep watch?” Rainer asked. "i can do that, it shouldn't be that hard." Quan replied and moved immediately!

[2] As soon as Quan took several steps past Rainer, the night creatures started running back towards their shack!

[2] Rainer's watch wasn't enough to scare the monsters away!

Morion

[3] Morion decided to rest and healed himself a little bit!

Morion: +10 HP [30/40]

GM Notes

I'll be waiting for all players for the next update.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 26, 2019, 01:06:29 pm »

Um. Hello?
Quinn is going to rest and recover. And also try to figure out why there’s an entire inn in the bag.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 01:12:41 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 26, 2019, 08:14:57 pm »

defend my self as i back up to where Rainer is
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 03, 2019, 01:45:22 am »

I'm going to jump on the waitlist

My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 03, 2019, 08:19:17 am »

Oh right, I need an action.

Continue resting so I am back up to full strength.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 03, 2019, 08:34:11 am »

”Shit. Hey! Get away from him!

Run down, trying to scare the monsters off again, and get ready to fight them off if that doesn’t work.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 28, 2019, 04:15:25 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 04:22:54 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Fortress: Reign of the Blackened [9/9]
« Reply #163 on: October 01, 2019, 03:03:28 pm »

Turn 18

Night [3]

Quinn Learner

"Um. Hello?" the Black Archivist spoke into the bag.

[5] As Quinn pondered resting safely in his shelter, he figured out how Illraniur could possibly put the entire tavern into the bag - this item must bear an entire dimension within, or even two - one that is for storage, and another for access. What the illusionist probably did, was simply climbing up on the roof of the building and using the bag dimension's power to fit the entire building inside!

Quinn: Well Rested

Quan & Rainer Edmunton

[6] Quan desperately tried to defend himself and ran back towards Rainer, but suddenly a wyvern dripping with an unpleasantly smelling black ichor started hovering above him!

[Black Wyvern: 5, 3, 2, 6]
[Quan: 1, 3, 1, 3]

The beast piked down right at Quan - he was too slow to escape and lacked strength to deflect the attack, so the monstrosity caught him and soared with him up, flying towards its nest!

"Shit. Hey! Get away from him!" Rainer yelled in amok.

[1] He tried to scare the monsters away, but it didn't work at all! A swarm of dark wraiths rushed towards him!

[Dark Wraith Swarm: 1, 3, 2, 4]
[Rainer: 2, 6, 4, 1]

The swarm of dark spirits charged at the knight in an attempt to tear him apart, but he managed to just beraly dodge the onslaught.

Black Wyvern: [128/128]
Dark Wraith Swarm: [384/384]

Morion

[6] Morion rested some more. As soon as he fell asleep, he found himself atop a strange tower, just behind the fortifications. There was an incredibly huge, reeking nest nearby. He could see the entire Bleak Valley from this spot. Looking at his body, he saw that he was one of the abominations that lurk in the valley. He felt much stronger than an ordinary ghoul could ever be however. Looking at his armor, he noticed that he must be a member of this place's guards now. But what was this tower? Looking down, he saw that the building it was sprouting out of was a massive, heavily fortified and guarded fortress. Suddenly Morion heard footsteps, someone approached him from behind and placed his hand on his arm.

"First shift atop the observatory, eh?" asked an inhumanly pale old man in charred robes. His beard was long and was reaching down to his chest, and he carried a staff with a crystal that had a lightning imp trapped inside. "Hmmm, now that I look at you, I sense something unusual. Perhaps you still haven't fully recovered after the transformation, yet you must remember that you did it voluntarily, to aid the cause. Remember?" the mage spoke with father-like, warm voice. "Be watchful young man! For during the night, the beast come out and try to charge our fortress! Watch for the Black Wyvern, for it is an ally!" the old man said and went into his chamber. Morion woke up soon after.

Morion: Well Rested

Havoc

Cast out of his lands... Was it another manifestation of the astral calamity that fell on him since the day he was born, or just the fear of villagers? What is sure now, is that the slim, scarred man is frightfully lost within the land of darkness of death. Was it the so called Bleak Valley? The land where night calls forth the beasts of darkness, fire and plague? He had no time to think about it. If he won't find a shelter now, he would surely be killed. Afraid yet decided, Havoc continued his journey into peril.

Alzar

His white scales and greenish eyes gleam gently in the light of the Bastard Moons as he moves down the plains towards an unknown to him valley. He was one of the legendary lizard-folk, or at least that's how the slave hunters called him. His name was Alzar, and he wasn't an exceptional creature of legends and fairytales, but rather a man of flesh and bone, kidnapped by vile men while he was on a careless stroll. It wasn't his choice to travel throughout the land where he was called an aberration, but rather a neccessity. Alzar thanked his lucky star for freeing him from the unlawful carriage and allowing him to reunite with his tribe, but he didn't knew what awaits him down in the Bleak Valley.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 03:25:45 pm by Dark One »

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Fortress: Reign of the Blackened [9/9]
« Reply #164 on: October 01, 2019, 03:08:25 pm »

whelp guess i'm Wyvern food maybe
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15