Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Poll of the Unspecified Amount of Time: Quan's chances of survival?

0.000%
- 1 (16.7%)
1.1%
- 0 (0%)
5%
- 1 (16.7%)
25%
- 1 (16.7%)
50%
- 1 (16.7%)
100%
- 2 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15

Author Topic: Dark Fortress: Reign of the Blackened [6/6]  (Read 30932 times)

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Fortress: Reign of the Blackened [9/9]
« Reply #195 on: October 30, 2019, 03:17:00 pm »

Quan fights back and tries to hit the weak points in the dread knights armor

he also yells to attract attention to the guards of this tower
"there a intruder trying to kill the messenger
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 30, 2019, 03:47:08 pm »

...I apologize thoroughly for the state of your residence, and we can discuss methods of reparations at a later time, but right now I do think you really should all be getting away from this location. I'll hold off the horkers.
Send these people off to find a safe location, and try to stop the horkers. Preferably, I could get them held still and bind them, but killing or otherwise neutralizing their threat would also be workable if binding won't work.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 04:48:40 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 30, 2019, 04:11:34 pm »

Oh. Summon Darkfang and run the other direction.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 30, 2019, 05:27:34 pm »

"It's a good thing I read my history. Let's see... it should go like..."

Place a dark crystal on the southern pedestal. Then pass by the western one, but don't do anything to it. Then go to the northern one and remove the water crystal. Then finally, go to the eastern one, remove the water crystal, and place a catalyst crystal.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 30, 2019, 07:02:30 pm »

Thank the little things have a fly around waving the sword around and look for more interesting things
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 31, 2019, 07:35:27 am »

if the dread knight was real, then Alzar knew the other tales had to be as well. the false archangel must be present somewhere on this world, as well as the avatars of the Triad. He wondered if the Pestilent crusade, a order of demons with a human knight leading them, were here purging the world of undead and thus keeping the dark fortress contained. he also wondered if he would encounter the lucky dragon or the demonbound scholar, who were legends far more notable among both his kin and the humans.
Following the stars, he would continue on, muttering a small prayer to the lucky dragon in hopes of meeting one of the legendary Triad in person.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 01, 2019, 04:28:19 pm »

Turn 23

Day [2]
The Tower [2]

Quan

[Quan: 5] | [Dread Knight Kupameth: 5 +2]

Quan tried to pierce through the weak spots in Dread Knight's armor, but as he came closer to strike he realized that there aren't any!

[3] "there a intruder trying to kill the messenger he shouted and then heard the noise of Fortress' guards armor getting closer and closer to the chamber.

[Dread Knight Kupameth: 3] | [Quan: 3 +2]

The enemy striked again, but this time Quan managed to prepare himself and block the attack, then got the opening suitable for a counter! The combined powers of the opposite kinds of magic from his daggers ripped a hole in Kupameth's armor, lightly wounding him!

Quinn Learner

[5] ...I apologize thoroughly for the state of your residence, and we can discuss methods of reparations at a later time, but right now I do think you really should all be getting away from this location. I'll hold off the horkers. Quinn sent off the tavern patrons, who hid behind rocks, trees or other nearest obstacles.

[Horker: 6] [Horker: 2] | [Quinn: 2 +2]

One of the horkers wanted to give chase and kill everone, but the other stopped it and started spewing fireballs, which the first one absorbed out of spite, receiving some physical damage! Quinn used this time to start binding them. He slowly summoned tar and made it soak up from under the ground. It'll still take a while to completely bind them, due to the fire instantly melting the tar.

[Quinn: 3] | [Horker: 6 +2] [Horker: 6 +2]

Quinn continued building up the tar but the demons noticed it and started increasing the temperature of the flames!

Morion

[3] Morion hastily summons Darkfang!

[The Flesh: 6] | [Darkfang: 3 +2] [Morion: 5 +2]

The monstrosity shot out some appendages from its body which instantly turned into flesh golems, sacrificing some of its vitality! However, Darkfang insantly spewed out his venomous spit and melted them away with darkness and poison, while Morion got into a safe casting distance!

Rainer Edmunton

[5] "It's a good thing I read my history. Let's see... it should go like..." Rainer whispered, touching one of the mouldy pedestals. He entered the circle and pondered for a moment. He looked at the carvings placed upon each of the pedestals and saw that they were reoriented. He knew the ways that scholars of the old prepared their rituals, and that Sun Stones were connected to the elements and the directions of the world. First shot blackened countered with white hear, then sulphuric yellow and everything ends in a bloody inferno. As such he should go with Earh, Water, Air and Fire. He also connected the facts that Earth was soaking water to spawn those of the dark, that the Elemental Spirit already placed the correct crystal on the pedestal, that the air never required its own crystal, and that to bring forth fire he neads to release energy. As such, he placed a dark crystal on the southern pedestal. Then passed by the western one without doing anything to it. Then he went to the northern one and removed the water crystal, and finally, went to the eastern one, to remove the water crystal, and place a catalyst crystal on it.

Suddenly all of the spirits came upon the Sun Stone and started swirling graciously in the dance of love, hatred, destruction and creation. Rainer saw all the colours he could imagine and those that he was unable to comprehend, the spirits then moved to their pedestals and accepted his offerings, which started shining with a prysmatic glow. A powerful beam of sunlight stroke the flat stone and unleashed the heat all around, then when it was all done, Rainer could see four items laying on it.

[4 +2, | 2 +2 | 2 +2 | 5 +2]

The first one was a set of plate armor that looked unbelievably heavy, thick and stiff, but was sure embued with enough power to make it light chains and flexible as leather. The next one was an amulet - a golden anchor. The third item was unusual, it was a tiny box, but it was closed and without any key. Rainer was sure that it might not be useful right now, but will some day be. And the last one was a skull shaped gem - it surely had something to do with the sword he was carrying!

Havoc

[3 +2] Havoc thanked the implings and flied away to see if he could find more interesting things! In the distance, he noticed an abandoned encampment on one of the taller hills.

Alzar

If the dread knight was real, then Alzar knew the other tales had to be as well. the false archangel must be present somewhere on this world, as well as the avatars of the Triad. He wondered if the Pestilent crusade, a order of demons with a human knight leading them, were here purging the world of undead and thus keeping the dark fortress contained. he also wondered if he would encounter the lucky dragon or the demonbound scholar, who were legends far more notable among both his kin and the humans.

[5] Henceforth he moved onwards, following the stars and giving out a short prayer to the God of Luck, which was granted! An apparition rose before him, an enormous man clad in charred plate and his eyes were flaming! "I am Reynald Smithson. I gave out my soul in exchange to stop the Undead Hunt. What is thy wish mortal?" he said with a raspy, metallic voice.

Enemies

Dread Knight Kupameth: -32 HP [480/512]
The Flesh: -64 HP [192/256]

Horker: -8 HP [120/128]
Horker: [128/128]

Players

Rainer Edmunton: Armor of Asher, The Argent Anchor, Faerie Coffer, Grindskull Charm, 2x Water Crystal;
Morion: +4 kills (shared);
Darkfang: Used - Venomous Spit [4]

GM Notes

Spoiler: Rainer Edmunton (click to show/hide)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 01, 2019, 04:48:15 pm »

Continue with my work. So long as they remain distracted by the tar, at least, I can likely continue attempting to bind them to my will.

EDIT:
New skill: Shackle of Lysander
And even as they tried to stand against him, their blackened souls still recognized their once and future lord.
Allows for much easier binding of unbound demonic enemies.
(I want to use this this turn, so we’re clear.)

EDIT: Also, taunt them.
Unimportant and impertinent fools. I’d bet you weren’t even worth enough to be named.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 02:32:32 pm by Glass »

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 01, 2019, 07:01:30 pm »

Cast Venomous Bite on the Flesh.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 02, 2019, 03:22:43 pm »

keep trying to stab the dread knight in the weak points of there armor, use mercy of the gods if my roll is bad
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 02, 2019, 04:47:15 pm »

”I seek a boon to traverse these lands. Do you seek a task of me for it, heroic one?”
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 03, 2019, 10:37:02 am »

Laughing at his new found luck Havoc flys to the abandoned encampment to search doing loop de loops on the way there.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 03, 2019, 07:47:11 pm »

Asher put on his new equipment and placed the skull charm on the sword.

Investigate the box.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Fortress: Reign of the Blackened [6/6]
« Reply #208 on: November 22, 2019, 04:34:23 pm »

Turn 24

Day [4]
The Tower [3]

Quinn Learner

Unimportant and impertinent fools. I’d bet you weren’t even worth enough to be named. Quinn taunted the horkers, continuing to distract them with tar.

[Quinn: 5] | [Horker: 1 +2] [Horker: 2 +2]

The demons slowly made their way towards the exit of the burning building and in a big leap almost reached Quinn, but suddenly he felt an unexpected surge of power flowing through him. The power that seemed both foreign and familiar. An aura of dread overcame the demons as they saw a blackened shadow rising behind the mystic. Ulthraashar! Hereimor! Kneel before your new master! and the demons did so. The shade took chunks of their soul, weakening them, and leaving to Quinns command. Then it disappeared, and the name that came to Quinn's mind was Lysander.

Morion

[Morion: 3] [Darkfang: 5] | [The Flesh: 6 +2]

The mystic hastily cast Venomous Bite and shot a pair of spider-like appendages formed out of poison at The Flesh, but it blocked the attack! Darkfang used this to call all the nearby spiders to arms and they proceeded to bite it. Their strength was negligible compared to the might of this monstrosity, but gave it countless curses!

Quan

[Quan: 4] | [Dread Knight Kupameth: 1 +2]

Quan sensed a tiny shift of energy, truly something unusual for someone not attuned to Arcane, but this allowed him to predict the next move of the Dread Knight, allowing to wound him again!

[5] The allies have come! The Charred Mage with a squad of five Fortress Guards with longswords and axes!

[4] "It seems that it'll be tougher than expected. But there's no need to bring forth The Flesh. I sense that she is entertained hehe..." Kupameth said mockingly.

[Charred Mage: 3] [Fortress Guards: 2, 3, 6, 4, 4] | [Dread Knight Kupameth: 4 +2]

The magician used a charm to strengthen all the allies in the chamber! The Guards rushed against the dread one. Two of them were slain immediately upon reaching him, two of them were parried despite attacking from two different sides, and the last one leapt into his stab just to hack his face with an axe!

[4] A loud roar came from the outside! The Wyvern charged into the room, completely demolishing another one of the walls!

[Dread Knight Kupameth: 2] | [Black Ichor Wyvern: 5 +2]

Seeing the new threat, Kupameth instantly charged in an attempt to behead the beast, but it swiftly chomped and caught him in its teeth!

Alzar

”I seek a boon to traverse these lands. Do you seek a task of me for it, heroic one?” the lizardman asked.

[4] "Yes..." his voice echoed rapidly throughout the entire forest. "I shall grant you what you seek. I shall grant you much more, and I shall grant you much less. Continue on your path, and you rise. Continue on your path, and fall. For you are a mortal man. But know this. There is a precious spark of power within the bosom of living, from which they gather their true strength. The same spark which is keeping me now undead yet very much alive. I have failed, when the time was nigh, but I have succeeded where many have failed. The ones who keep me still fighting for justice are Perseverance, Strength and Will. It is with their aid that I enact my revenge upon the Undead Hunt." he stopped for a moment, seemingly as if his essence was somewhere else at the time. "There are agents of Undead Hunt here, in this land. There are those, who try to prevent it. Reach out to them, and stop them. The desperate attempt has to be stopped and the reckoning has to come. It is then, when I will be able to reach this land for long enough, to severe the chain that keeps this land in the cycle of growth and harvest."

The apparition disappeared. Alzar found a bundle in his hand, which he did not notice taking before. Inside, there were three petrified lumps, each of them signed. Perseverance, Strength and Will. He did not sense any kind of energy from it, but knew that should he achieve certain state, they will flourish with energy and give their wielder a great power.

Havoc

[6] Havoc flied closer to the encampment, when suddenly he was attacked by a dark spirit! The mutilated body teeming with darkness and bound by shackles started flying towards him!

Rainer Edmunton

[5] Rainer put on the armor, which adjusted to his body perfectly, then put on the skull charm in the socket of the Blood Leech. It unleashed a weak nova of darkness, but the weapon absorbed its power!

[4] Rainer investigated the box. It seemed to be of ancient origin, but still in a good shape. The ornaments indicated all the directions of the world, and there was some unusual aura coming from it. He looked into the key hole, and noticed sparks of light floating out of it. They started dancing and melting together, until they formed a ball of light, that for some reason wanted Rainer to follow it.

Enemies:

Dread Knight Kupameth: -384 HP, Immobilised [96/512]
The Flesh: -14HP, Rock-bound Curse [2], Curse of Blindness [6], Curse of Petrification [4] [178/256]

Ulthraashar: Bound to Quinn Learner
Hereimor: Bound to Quinn Learner

Tormented Wraith: [96/96]

Player

Alzar: Received 3 Petrified Lumps
Quinn: Bound two demons

GM Notes

Petrified Lump - A rock-solid, lifeless mass that used to contain enormous amounts of Essence, or never held enough of it. Now petrified, it may still be refilled again.

Rock-bound Curse - The limbs of the target become slow, stiff and heavy, as if they were cast in rock.

Curse of Blindness - This particular curse was invented by a desperate hexer in a struggle against a dark spirit. Its power lies not in impairing the physical organs of the target, but rather going deep within the energy, temporarily removing the ability to perceive.

Curse of Petrification - A cruel curse rapidly draining one's essence, turning the affected area into a rock-solid mass.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Fortress: Reign of the Blackened [6/6]
« Reply #209 on: November 22, 2019, 05:18:25 pm »

Quinn offers a brief prayer of thanks to Lysander.

Now. Ulthraashar, Hereimor, you will hand over any valuables in your possession to me, and inform me of the location of any other such items you are aware of, and the risks that would be involved in retrieving them. Now let’s get going, I shall be informing the patrons of this inn of what has happened. You will not harm them in any manner unless I specifically tell you to.
Go find the tavern patrons, let them know that I have bound the demon, and ask them about how I can assist them.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15