Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Poll of the Unspecified Amount of Time: Quan's chances of survival?

0.000%
- 1 (16.7%)
1.1%
- 0 (0%)
5%
- 1 (16.7%)
25%
- 1 (16.7%)
50%
- 1 (16.7%)
100%
- 2 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15

Author Topic: Dark Fortress: Reign of the Blackened [6/6]  (Read 30982 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Fortress: Reign of the Blackened [6/6]
« Reply #90 on: May 21, 2019, 01:40:19 pm »

...well, the item you've chosen to inhabit is a shield, so I can give you no guarantees as to what may happen should I find myself in a combat situation; I will be using it to block strikes, after all. In other situations, however, I do promise to be careful with it and you.
And what do you mean, "pet and companion"?

And let's be on our way, to wherever we're going. Maybe hopefully in the direction of the border with the dread knights.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

MrThrowaway

• Bay Watcher
  • The Trashman
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 21, 2019, 05:19:09 pm »

"What is your name Mr. Lizard, and may I inquire about who your master is and what he is like?"
el basurero

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #92 on: May 22, 2019, 07:29:34 pm »

Leona takes cover from projectiles and shouts, "Enemy archer!"

She wields her sword and listens to detect any dark spirits near the wall. (If they try to climb over it, I stab 'em! If they float over it, I look for a bow/javelins.)
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 25, 2019, 10:22:26 am »

Can I please just find something useful and not out to kill me, enslave me, or otherwise get me involved in anything that does not involve learning new magical powers?
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 27, 2019, 02:58:30 am »

"Thank you kindly for not killing me Sir, now knight we should find some berries to eat or at least something like a rabbit"
Quan goes searching for some edible and non-poisonous berries
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 09, 2019, 05:06:26 pm »

"Yes, you deal with food, I'll deal with water."

Clean out the water skin.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 15, 2019, 11:54:45 am »

Turn 9

Quinn Learner

"...well, the item you've chosen to inhabit is a shield, so I can give you no guarantees as to what may happen should I find myself in a combat situation; I will be using it to block strikes, after all. In other situations, however, I do promise to be careful with it and you. And what do you mean, "pet and companion"?"

[6] "You seem to be new in the covenant, so I'll explain a few things to you. I am a tarlord, my name matters not. I am ranking higher than the greatworm of the lake, though I am not the king of these lands. I have chosen your shield to be a vessel for my avatar until it gains enough energy to travel on its own. Due to this, I will not give you orders, but I will watch upon you as I watch upon my pets. And the companion means that I offer you help in exchange of your care over my avatar." - the tarlord said.

[1] Without further ado, Quinn moved on towards the land of dread knights. "I know a quicker route to your destination!" - the tarlord exclaimed and summoned tar, which teleported them into an outpost of dread knights, right into the meeting hall. The dread knights gave Quinn confused looks.

Demir

"What is your name Mr. Lizard, and may I inquire about who your master is and what he is like?"

[3] "Of course. My name is" - the lizard gave out an unsettling, metallic screech - "But my master calls me Lizard or Lizardman. He is a lich and a high ranking official of the Dark Fortress, currently he's on holidays. Do you wish to know something more? Or perhaps you need food and beverages?" - Lizard asked.

Leona Maple

Leona took cover from projectiles and shouted "Enemy archer!"

[1] She unsheathed her sword and prepared herself to stab any dark spirits trying to climb up the walls. However, it seems that her definition of a dark spirit is rather wrong, as a screaming phantasm just phased through the walls and floated up to her!

Morion

[6] Morion found it annoying that everything in the /bleak Valley tries to kill, enslave, or shove magic down his throat. Irritated, he moved away from the corpse and the other two and stumbled upon a strange glowing dagger lying on the ground.

Code: [Select]
Morion: Found an Enchanted Dagger

Quan & Rainer Edmunton

"Thank you kindly for not killing me Sir, now knight we should find some berries to eat or at least something like a rabbit" - Quan said and went in search of food.

"Yes, you deal with food, I'll deal with water." - the knight replied.

[4] He found an apple tree with really tasty looking fruits. He picked some and returned to Rainer.

Quan: Picked 12 Apples
[6] In the meanwhile, the knight cleaned the waterskin and a ring dropped out of it. He felt that there is some beneficial enchantment placed on it, but he couldn't tell what it was.

Rainer: Found an Enchanted Ring

Enemies

Phantasm: [60/60]

Players:

Morion: Found an Enchanted Dagger
Quan: Picked 12 apples
Rainer: Found an Enchanted Ring

GM Notes

A reminder to check your endurance and rest if its low!

Enchanted Dagger - a combat dagger that gives a faint glow.
[?? ?? 24 Physical Damage, 30 Durability]

Apple - a sweet, tasty and refreshing fruit.
[Prevents stamina loss for the next turn. Effect does not stack with other apples/fruits.]

Enchanted Ring - a silver ring with a brown gem.
[?? ?? ??]
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 11:57:40 am by Dark One »

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 15, 2019, 05:01:22 pm »

Quan takes a seat,takes a big bite out of one of his apples and hands over 3 apples to the knight "you know how rare it was to even get fruit while being locked up, you usual get moldy bread with some watery soup"
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 15, 2019, 06:33:10 pm »

"I can't say I know first hand, but that does make sense. Rainer says, as he Fills the waterskin up with water from the spring.

(I'm just assuming he already put the ring in his pocket or something.)
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 15, 2019, 07:29:00 pm »

This is interesting and suspicious. Stab a tree or the dirt or something, see if it, I dunno, shrivels up or catches fire or anything.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #100 on: June 17, 2019, 04:52:50 pm »

Leona stabs and slashes the screaming phantasm until it is as dead as possible.
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 17, 2019, 08:53:16 pm »

Um.
Damnit.

If able, tap The Power Within to turn ethereal and make my escape as quickly as possible. If I am cornered - either because I can't turn ethereal or because they can still block me with magic - just surrender and hope they will have mercy.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

MrThrowaway

• Bay Watcher
  • The Trashman
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 18, 2019, 12:17:18 am »

"Some food and a cold drink would be nice, and what is this town we're in?"
el basurero

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 19, 2019, 02:42:40 pm »

Turn 10

Quan & Rainer Edmunton

[4] "You know how rare it was to even get fruit while being locked up, you usually get moldy bread with some watery soup!" Quan said and took a huge bite of one of the apples, he instantly felt refreshed and satiated! Then he handed three apples to Rainer.

[2] "I can't say I know first hand, but that does make sense." Rainer said trying to fill the waterskin with the crystal clear water from the spring. The water just passed through it and started glowing emerald.

Quan: Refreshed.
Rainer: Enchanted Spring revealed.

Morion

[4] Morion grabbed the dagger and stabbed a nearby tree stump. Nothing happened for a moment after the strike, but then thousands of tiny green spiders were summoned out of the blue and started biting the stump until it was no more!

Morion: Ravenous blade of Arachnids - a combat dagger giving a strong green glow
[Mark of Arachnids [1d100 damage], ??, 24 Physical Damage, 30 Durability

Leona Maple

Leona: 3,4,6,1
Phantasm: 6,6,6,6

Leona attempted to slash and stab the dark spirit, but her blade just phased through it! The phantasm yelled again and started growinh bigger and bigger, until it was the size of Churchbury itself!

Leona: -10 End

Quinn Learner

"Um. Damnit." Quinn whispered.

[4] Quinn used reached for the power within him and detected a sorce of energy nearby, which allowed him to etherealise!

[4] He could leave the outpost without any problems. In fact, all the dread knights seemed to be even more baffled and confused by this awkward situation!

Demir

"Some food and a cold drink would be nice, and what is this town we're in?"

[6] "I can't really tell you about this place. It used to be one of the many human settlements. As foe rhe food and drink, I think I would have to summon something for you."

[3] With Lizard's wave of a tail, a platter with a crudely roasted turkey and grapes appeared on a table, a tankard of cold beer was summoned alongside. "Enjoy!"

GM Notes

Enchanted Spring - Water from such string can't be stored, but it restores health and endurance, and removes curses. In addition, the spring spawns water stones.

Demir's roasted Turkey - It seems that this bird was taken alive from its realm and burnt on its way to the platter, it still has plumes in several places!
[Restores 10 HP, decreases endurance by 5.]

Mark of Arachnids - A horrifying curse summoning thousands of venomous arachnids to bite whatever the curse was placed upon.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 19, 2019, 04:08:47 pm »

Examine this Arachnids curse, carefully. See if I can't figure out how it might be used without this dagger, either as a spell of sorts or to figure out how to apply it to another object.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15