Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Poll of the Unspecified Amount of Time: Quan's chances of survival?

0.000%
- 1 (16.7%)
1.1%
- 0 (0%)
5%
- 1 (16.7%)
25%
- 1 (16.7%)
50%
- 1 (16.7%)
100%
- 2 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Author Topic: Dark Fortress: Reign of the Blackened [6/6]  (Read 30346 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Fortress: Reign of the Blackened [0/6]
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2019, 12:52:26 am »

It makes significantly more sense as a character illustration, yes.

Additionally, I do not feel dirty for having looked at it, and do not feel embarrassed to have it visible on my computer screen.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 01:00:04 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2019, 09:31:05 am »

I mean, personally I don't really have a problem if you get shot, burned, impaled, or laughed to death because of your silly original thought on what your character would wear into battle.

In addition, you seem to be conflating "enjoyment of history and dislike for ridiculous caricatures" with "caring about what picture you chose any further than making a joke or three about its ridiculousness".

Oh, and the new picture has the following problems: The sword is too heavy, the shield is too heavy (and made entirely of metal! That's not how you make a shield unless it's a buckler), that armored collar thing around the neck will make it impossible to look up or down, the lack of armor on the upper arms is STUPID, the bracers don't extend far enough up the lower arm to be meaningfully protective, the spikes on the legs are stupid, the breastplate is not only shaped ridiculously but also extends down too far (thus making you unable to bend at the waist which is actually important in combat), and the hanging cloth waistband thing is just going to trip you in combat.

There's more I'm sure, for instance the plates are probably too thick but I can't see that for absolute certain.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 09:35:06 am by Madman198237 »
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2019, 03:45:08 pm »

(✿◠ヮ◠)╯︵ ┻━┻
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

MrThrowaway

• Bay Watcher
  • The Trashman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2019, 04:08:48 pm »

I'll be a wanderer since no one else is

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 04:10:54 pm by MrThrowaway »
el basurero

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Fortress: Reign of the Blackened [5/6]
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2019, 04:57:47 pm »

There's only one player slot free, so we may begin and accept new players during the game if you wish.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2019, 02:10:31 pm »

There's only one player slot free, so we may begin and accept new players during the game if you wish.
Or... you could not.

I claim this. I haven’t read anything about it, but it’s a Dark One game, it should be fun.

EDIT:Now I’ve read, still looks fun. Well, Dark One fun, meaning doing you absolute best not to die.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 04:24:59 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2019, 02:30:19 pm »

EDIT:Now I’ve read, still looks fun. Well, Dark One fun, meaning doing you absolute best not to die.
I believe you mean !!fun!!, my good sir.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2019, 02:00:10 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2019, 09:41:04 pm »

Spoiler: Unfghe Ihytgz (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2019, 01:24:26 am »

((Now we fight!))  8)

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Fortress: Reign of the Blackened [6/6]
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2019, 04:00:38 pm »

Dark Fortress
Reign of the Blackened

Prologue

Another dawn over the Bleak Valley. All the vegetation within its borders is completely covered with black ichor - the night must have been unusually violent and restless, as the nightly dark storms come with such intensity only when something of great importance is about to happen. The damned were silent throughout the whole night, giving all those living by the border of the pit a good night's sleep. Gazing upon this dark and withered scenery one could feel the weird charm of it - a sensation hard to describe or explain, yet clinging to one's soul for hours. The call of the Dark Ones is powerful, and it is rumored that they call only those, who are ready to undergo the beastly transformation.

However, the nature of the Wastes is even more powerful than the call of its rulers, and all those who dabble with arcane are especially influenced by it. Surely it is a time of great changes, the number of magicians, mystics, fortune tellers and wizards within the perimeter of Bleak Valley has never been so high.

Quinn Learner

After finding and speaking with literally all of the knowledgeable and skillful arcane scholars and magicians in the world, a pale man in dark grey robes finally set off towards the blackened wastes of the Bleak Valley. The infamous Black Archivist, as Quinn Learner was known by some, concluded that if he won't be able to squeeze any more information out of other arcanists, he has to conduct his own research, away from the safety of his study. Thus he approached the Bleak Valley from the north, spending the night in one of the borderline inns, and when the morning finally came, he passed through the barrier. There is no return now, even Gods can't break the spell keeping everyone inside the Bleak Valley. In front of him extends a path that leads deeper into the dreaded lands, its sides blocked off by unnaturally steep rock walls.

Quan

It was the last night in the damp, rotting cell within the dungeon of the Darkbog Citadel. All the hours of torture, pain, sorrow and malnutrition were about to end with Quan's first, and at the same time - last journey to the Bleak Valley. The sentenced were granted their only wish before their untimely death - the right to speak for the last time. Quan was travelling with people who tried to cross the border of the Northern Empire, a thief was among them. They have finally reached the Bleak Valley and guards brought them closer to a very deep pit. One by one, they were sent plummetting down to their deaths. it wasn't the fall that killed however - the monsters were doing it. Each and every one of the prisoners was brutally mauled by the blasphemous revenants once they hit the ground. As Quan was kicked, his orchard and previous life flashed before his eyes - then he fell on the ground and lost consciousness. He woke up next day, alive, covered with the black ichor and lying in a pool of blood. It wasn't his blood, and it seemed to look inhuman. There was something unusual about it.

Quan didn't know why he was left alive by the damned. He heard someone shouting in fury from above: 'I placed a bet that you'd die this night you muck eater!' it was one of the guards. Still bound by chains, Quan moved further into he Bleak Valley.

Leona Maple & Rainer Edmunton

She came from the east, with a noble goal and extreme bravery in her heart. Leona Maple, accompanied by her mysterious companion, Rainer Edmunton finally reached the Bleak Valley, the heart of darkness they both swore to destroy. The wandering knights descended down a dilapidated tower and following a straight path, they moved forward towards the blackened land. The couple reached a place where they had to split however, and the dark magic of the land ensured to split them for good. Leona found herself back in the tower, while Rainer moved towards a pit used to drop off the sentenced.

Morion

Many years have passed since Morion started to study the arcane. Many years of dissapointment and pain. Led by jealousy, the pale and gaunty man set off towards the Bleak Valley, the dreaded land of dark spirits, revenants and black ichor. His tenacity only increased, when he found out that The Black Archivist is going to be among the beasts as well. It was his chance to finally gain all the power he was after, and so he came from the west, from where he could clearly see the Dark Fortress.

Demir

Demir escaped from the bandits that attacked his caravan. He had no sense of direction whatsoever, he was led by his survival instinct. However, this untamed strength led him into even worse situation - he ended up within the accursed lands. He spent the night in a relatively safe cavern, and when he woke up and left it, he had no idea where he was. All Demir knew was that the death is waiting for him at every corner of this dreadful land!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2019, 04:24:05 pm »

Nowhere to go but forwards.

Quinn advances upon the path, all the while watching the currents of magic.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 07:38:16 pm by Glass »

MrThrowaway

• Bay Watcher
  • The Trashman
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2019, 04:35:45 pm »

Look around. Maybe there's a village or something that could be shelter
el basurero

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2019, 05:49:25 pm »

Leona looks for quests, and gathers information.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2019, 06:09:48 pm »

Quan being thirsty starts to look for a water source, even if its contaminated by the black ichor his need to drink something wouldn't stop him from doing so
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15