Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Poll of the Unspecified Amount of Time: Quan's chances of survival?

0.000%
- 1 (16.7%)
1.1%
- 0 (0%)
5%
- 1 (16.7%)
25%
- 1 (16.7%)
50%
- 1 (16.7%)
100%
- 2 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Author Topic: Dark Fortress: Reign of the Blackened [6/6]  (Read 30339 times)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Fortress: Reign of the Blackened [6/6]
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2019, 06:24:13 pm »

”Is there anyone alive here?” Rainer called out. He looked around to try and see anyone else in the area.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2019, 09:58:41 pm »

Morion will start by examining the barrier proper, as carefully as he can, using his senses.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2019, 04:53:03 pm »

Turn 1

Quinn Learner

'Nowhere to go but forwards.' thought Quinn.

[6] As he moved on along the path, a sudden current of energy opened in front of him and teleported him elsewhere!

[2] Quinn found himself on a tiny island in the middle of a lake of boiling tar!

Demir

[4] Demir looked around the surrounding area and discovered a village that is seemingly untouched by the curse of this land! It seems that the place is inhabited by ordinary people as well!

Leona Maple

[6] Leona looked around to find someone who could give her some quests. Suddenly a strange man in black armor approached her and said: 'There is someone within the lands that seekd to abuse its power for the sake of evil. His skin is pale, his hair is black and reaches down to his ears, and his eyes are a piercing green. His robes are a dark grey like storm clouds, but the lining is colored in silver. Find him, and you shall be rewarded!' the figure said and then disappeared.

Quan

[4] Feeling unnatural thirst, Quan set off to find a source of water. Any water, even contaminated with the blac ichor. However, he managed to find a stream of crystal clear water not far away from the place he was dropped off! He took a few sips and was immediately refreshed!

Rainer Edmunton

'Is there anyone alive here?' Rainer shouted hoping to meet someone alive.

[4] Rainer shouted, but received no response. Moving on, he saw a sentenced prisoner drinking water from a stream of clear water.

Morion

[6] Morion approached the barrier and tried to attune with its power to sense those who built it. He has got an immediate response - a lightning bolt hurled his way!

[4] The bolt hit him, but did not hurt Morion. In fact, it establisged a connection between him and the one who keeps this part of the barrier running. He has to go to the north if he wants to find the gatekeeper!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2019, 05:46:54 pm »

...well then.
Try to understand what the patterns and interactions were within the arcane weave that led to my transportation here, and try to figure out if I could reproduce it in a more controlled manner.
In the meantime, though, let’s try to not boiled in tar.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2019, 05:53:06 pm »

"Hello, sir. It's good to see another living face around here." Rainer greeted the man, as he walked over and took a drink from the spring after all, pure water would probably be hard to find in the future.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

MrThrowaway

• Bay Watcher
  • The Trashman
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2019, 07:57:52 pm »

Head over to the village and use detect ambush just in case.  That village is a liiiitle suspicious
el basurero

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2019, 08:14:38 pm »

[insert fourth-wall-breaking feeling of relief that the scantily-clad "knight's" first task does not involve taking my head]

Carefully wander north, examining the terrain for magic as I go. I suppose this is the best way to start learning stuff.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2019, 08:37:10 pm »

Leona investigates rumors & tactics for defeating the silver-trimmed grey robe, and inquires about the reputation of the black armored knight.

((This guy had better watch his back!))
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 08:47:29 pm by FakerFangirl »
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2019, 09:05:19 pm »

Leona investigates rumors & tactics for defeating the silver-trimmed grey robe, and inquires about the reputation of the black armored knight.

((This guy had better watch his back!))
Yes, yes, I am quite aware of the situation.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2019, 09:33:27 pm »

Quan backs up almost immediately, he was caught off guard and wasn't very trusting of the stranger "who are you and where did you come from, who do you work for?"
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2019, 12:24:12 pm »

"My name is Rainer Edmonton, I'm from a minor fishing village, and I serve the concepts of justice and honor" Rainer replied, then he glanced at the man's chains. "Though I suppose either you don't agree with my beleifs, or whoever put those on you doesn't," he added.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 12:39:10 pm by Smoke Mirrors »

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2019, 02:31:04 pm »

Turn 2

Quinn Learner

'...well then.' Quinn summarised and looked around. He was on a lone patch of land in the middle of a lake of boilong tar that's placed in a deep pit. There were no physical chances of escape.

[6] Quinn pondered over the wave of energy that brought him there. Its patterns were mysterious and unusual, and he couldn't exactly grasp the interactions between them. Then he felt it again, from within the lake. He stared at it with confusion, when suddenly a gigantic greatworm emerged from within it with a huge splash!

'It is socially required for you to kneel before me, but I understand that you are a newcomer here!' the red-scaled monstrosity with two bladed tentacles said.

'Now listen to me carefully, for this knowledge will be valuable for your survival. The Bleak Valley is in great turmoil. The Great King Quothron, while still holding tremendous power over other lands, isolated himself in his fortress for reasons unknown. The expansion of the Valley ceased. The dukedom of the undead fell apart and now those ravenous creatures wander throughout the whole Valley as their duke is no more. The Dread Knights of the east rise into power and soon their leader may try to usurp the power from Quothron's hands. The wraiths of the west remain neutral, stating their independence from the king. So here we are, in The Charred Realm, and I consider what shall I do with you.' the worm explained the political situation in the Bleak Valley.

[2] 'You have just arrived in the Valley and yet your presence already causes great distress. Fearing that the king sent for you, the Dread Knights set a bounty on your head and convince adventurers roaming their lands to find and kill you. I could give you out to them and request some of their territory, but I have a proposition for you. Pledge your allegiance to the Tar, become an agent within my covenant and you shall be both safe and powerful. If not, I will let you rot on this burning chunk of soil until the dread knights will come to rip your heart out!

Rainer Edmnunton & Quan

'Hello, sir. It's good to see another living face around here.' Rainer greeted the man, as he walked over and took a drink from the spring after all, pure water would probably be hard to find in the future.

[5] The water was unusually clear and refreshing! After drinking it, Rainer found a small blue gem in his hand.

[3] Quan backed up almost immediately, he was caught off guard and wasn't very trusting of the stranger. 'Who are you and where did you come from, who do you work for?'

'My name is Rainer Edmonton, I'm from a minor fishing village, and I serve the concepts of justice and honor' Rainer replied, then he glanced at the man's chains. 'Though I suppose either you don't agree with my beleifs, or whoever put those on you doesn't.' he added.

Code: [Select]
Rainer: Acquired Waterstone

Demir

[1] Demir took a few steps forward and he was already attacked by three rotting cadavers! Welcome to Australia

[Zombie1: 3-1-6-3; Zombie2: 5-1-2-3; Zombie3: 6,5,1,1]
[Demir: 5-2-3-2]

The corpses slammed at each other with great force and pushed against Demir! Having no time to dodge or escape, he drew his scimitar and with inhuman strength stood against the dead!

Demir: -10 Endurance

Morion

[6] Morion carefully moved towards north, trying to examine all the magic that could be detected around. Suddenly, a wraith flew in front of him!

'State your business mortal and you may be spared!' the spirit hissed out with metallic voice.

Leona Maple

[6] Leona wanted to find out any information about the mysterious man in grey robes and about the black knight. Moving on along a rocky path she found a book lying on the ground. There was something unusual about.

Enemies

Zombie: [30/30]

Players

Rainer: Acquired Waterstone
Demir: [End 45/60], [HP 40/40]

GM Notes

Waterstone - use to fully restore all endurance and remove harmful active effects.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2019, 02:39:37 pm »

~ _
•  •
  -

You’re going to have to explain what that would actually entail before I accept that.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2019, 02:48:59 pm »

"well if your on the side of justice then help me find something to gets these chains off of me" Quan starts to look for something to smash these chains off
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2019, 02:51:23 pm »

I am merely a scholar, seeking to learn about magic from this most interesting part of the world. I am no threat to anything here.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15