Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Poll of the Unspecified Amount of Time: Quan's chances of survival?

0.000%
- 1 (16.7%)
1.1%
- 0 (0%)
5%
- 1 (16.7%)
25%
- 1 (16.7%)
50%
- 1 (16.7%)
100%
- 2 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15

Author Topic: Dark Fortress: Reign of the Blackened [6/6]  (Read 30345 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Fortress: Reign of the Blackened [6/6]
« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2019, 03:13:45 pm »

“I would be one of you”? Now what’s that supposed to mean?
Additionally, does it seem to me that my ethereal form would be sustained long enough for me to get to the shore and escape?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2019, 03:50:58 pm »

start looking for a nice branch that i could use as an handle for a improvised maul/hammer
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #62 on: April 14, 2019, 02:56:45 am »

"These look like solid defenses."
"I hesitated while retreating, because I wanted to fight. I suppose my feet tripped because I want to be on the battlefield." Leona bluffs.
"The forces of evil won't enter these walls while I'm here. They dare not attack us at day."

"The excitement has banished my fatigue. I will stay up all night."

Leona patrols the fortifications for 90 minutes and then rests until nightfall.

(Screw recovering health - I wanna fight!)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 03:07:19 am by FakerFangirl »
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 14, 2019, 09:17:13 am »

Ptw

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 17, 2019, 03:19:08 pm »

Turn 5

Morion

'Sounds great, but I happen to like having a body.' Morion replied and headed westwards.

[2] He mistook the directions and moved directly towards the land of the dark spirits, the realm full of shadows and menacing ghosts of the past!

Rainer Edmunton & Quan

'Mio grande signore, il tuo umile servitore ti implora di purificare la mia forma di questa maledizione e di condurmi a percorsi più sicuri in futuro.' Rainer prayed to his patron god to remove the curse.

[5] His god listened to his prayers and removed the horrible curse!

Code: [Select]
Rainer: Curse Removed
[3] Quan started looking for a branch which he could use as a handle for an improvised maul or hammer. He found a relatively thick stick which seemed sturdy enough to survive several blows.

Quan: Found Sturdy Stick

Demir

Demir: 4-4-4-3
Zombie1: 1-[4-2]-4-5
Zombie2: 1-[5-2]-3-6

((Zombies have a -2 to speed attribute when chasing for prey/rolling against escape rolls.))

Demir easily outran the sluggish corpses!

[5] He got to the village in no time and knocked to the doors of one of the buildings without thinking twice! A lizard made of raw crystal opened the door and hissed out: 'Massster! We have a vissssitor!'

[5] 'Marvelous! Let him in!' said a powerful sounding voice from within the cottage.

Quinn Learner

'“I would be one of you”? Now what’s that supposed to mean?' Quinn inquired.

[4] 'Those who make a covenant with one of the forces of the Bleak Valley received their otherworldly spark. Their bodies and energies adapt internally, without changing their physical appearance. As a result of the spark residing within you, you will be able to fully comprehend the energies of the covenant and bend it to yor will.' the greatword replied and stated: 'Enough of this banter. You have to choose right now!'

[3] Rainer quickly thought whether his ethereal form would allow him to get safely to the shore. He concluded that it is largely up to luck, as there are numerous conditions that can quickly interfere - such as the greatworm.

Leona Maple

'These look like solid defenses. I hesitated while retreating, because I wanted to fight. I suppose my feet tripped because I want to be on the battlefield.' - Leona bluffed - 'The forces of evil won't enter these walls while I'm here. They dare not attack us at day. The excitement has banished my fatigue. I will stay up all night.'

[3] Leona patrolled the fortifications for three hours straight, but nothing really happened during that time. She fell asleep and rested until nightfall.

Leona: Well Rested

Players

Rainer: Curse Removed
Quan: Found Sturdy Stick
Leona: Well Rested

GM Notes

Sturdy Stick - a relatively thick branch of an unknown tree. It seems sturdy enough to serve as an improvised weapon, or as a resource to create one.
[5 Physical Damage, 25 Durability]

Well Rested - HP and Endurance fully restored, +1 to a next action.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 17, 2019, 03:45:10 pm »

...very well. One condition, however: how I do my job will be purely my own decision. You may give me goals to accomplish, but attempting to force me to go about something in a specific manner will render your authority over me null and void.
Should this condition be accepted, then your offer shall be, as well.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2019, 04:29:01 pm »

”Ok then,” Rainer said to Quan, as he filled up the waterskin with the spring water, ”next time we find a body, you can loot it, while I pray for your soul.”
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

MrThrowaway

• Bay Watcher
  • The Trashman
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2019, 09:49:25 pm »

Run into the cottage
"Zombies are chasing me!"
el basurero

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2019, 12:36:44 am »

"i don't mind but can i borrow a knife or something?"
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2019, 02:51:03 am »

Leona patrols the perimeter of Churchbury to safeguard against the Underworld siege.

"How long has the siege endured?"
After worrying about logistics, Leona retrieves the magical tome that brought her here.
"This book transported me here when I opened it. Perhaps you can make use of it." Leona gives it to someone in charge. "I am on a journey to vanquish evil and found the book atop a rock within the vile Blackened Land, with no signs of weathering..!"
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 08:25:43 pm by FakerFangirl »
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2019, 11:36:37 am »

Oops. I guess I need to remember to keep track of directions better. Ah well, I'm sure there are interesting things here, too.

Search out some more magic, attempt to study and learn a new trick or two.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 19, 2019, 02:35:10 pm »

"I don't think I have a knife on hand, sorry. Check the body."
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 20, 2019, 12:31:29 am »

"thought a wealthy fellow like you would have an extra blade" As he said this he goes over the the body and checks it for a knife or some kind of bladed object

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 20, 2019, 07:49:03 am »

”I’m just a knight from a small fishing village. They only gave me a sword. I’d have liked a knife, I’m good with knives.”
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 10:30:35 am by Smoke Mirrors »

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 27, 2019, 01:28:14 pm »

Turn 6

Quinn Learner

"...very well. One condition, however: how I do my job will be purely my own decision. You may give me goals to accomplish, but attempting to force me to go about something in a specific manner will render your authority over me null and void. Should this condition be accepted, then your offer shall be, as well." - Quinn said.

[5] "Excellent choice my friend! I give you complete freedom over how you achieve your goals and hereby proclaim you one of the Tar!" - the Greatworm exclaimed and grabbed Quinn. In an instant it infused his body with a strange energy, the same that is powering the lake. Quinn felt stronger, much stronger than before!

Rainer Edmunton & Quan

”Ok then,” Rainer said to Quan, as he moved to the source of the spring water ”next time we find a body, you can loot it, while I pray for your soul.”

[2] The waterskin caught up quite a lot of mud due to Rainer's clumsiness!

"I don't mind but can i borrow a knife or something?" Quan asked, to which Rainer replied: "I don't think I have a knife on hand, sorry. Check the body."

[1] "Thought a wealthy fellow like you would have an extra blade" the sentenced remarked going to the body to check it. The corpse immediately started twisting and turning, the undead spoke with a low-booming voice: "How many times do I have to teach you this lesson!?"

The corpse got up and started growing! Two enormously long hands protruded from its back and its chest burst open, revealing a maw full of razor-sharp teeth! "I will feast upon your souls!" the disturbed shouted!

Demir

"Zombies are chasing me!" Demir yelled running into the cottage.

[2] "Quite unfortunate." replied the owner of the cottage - a lich in exquisite robes ornamented with stars and occult symbols.

[4] You should rest first, and tomorrow we will speak! - it said while the crystal lizard prepared a bed for Demir.

Leona Maple

[6] "How long has the siege endured?" Leona wondered patrolling the fortifications. She went to an officer in charge of the defenses and took a book out of her backpack. "This book transported me here when I opened it. Perhaps you can make use of it. I am on a journey to vanquish evil and found the book atop a rock within the vile Blackened Land, with no signs of weathering..!" Leona wanted to give it to the officer, but the book just faded out of existence in her hand!

[3] "You've been taken prisoner by the book! You cannot possess it, as you are literally inside it, like everyone of us! A rumor says that the book belonged to a legendary magician, Nmngubgu Sugnta!" the officer said.

Morion

"Oops. I guess I need to remember to keep track of directions better. Ah well, I'm sure there are interesting things here, too." Morion thought.

[6] He detected an unusual trace of energy and followed it to learn something new, but he was teleported away just out of the blue!

[6] He found himself in front of an undead abomination with four hands and a chest-maw full of teeth, there were two other adventurers behind him. "That was unexpected! You may leave and save yourself puny one, this is between me and those two mortals!"

Enemies

The Disturbed: [128/128]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15