Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Poll of the Unspecified Amount of Time: Quan's chances of survival?

0.000%
- 1 (16.7%)
1.1%
- 0 (0%)
5%
- 1 (16.7%)
25%
- 1 (16.7%)
50%
- 1 (16.7%)
100%
- 2 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15

Author Topic: Dark Fortress: Reign of the Blackened [6/6]  (Read 30945 times)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Fortress: Reign of the Blackened [7/7]
« Reply #135 on: August 04, 2019, 08:17:48 am »

I'll be gone for a week so I'm just kinda going to do *nothing dangerous* until I get back.

Go to sleep and think non-dangerous thoughts. Actually wait, can I summon the spider for an extended period of time? Cause then I'll summon the spider to guard me.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 04, 2019, 08:35:03 am »

Shift to my tar-form, and send... not a tarball, more like a tar nova, out from where I am. At the same time, raise a tar wall around me so that if my attack is reflected, it won’t return to damage myself.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 06, 2019, 01:54:12 am »

((Currently working on Masters stuff, will be extensively busy))

Iolani nodded and listened to her new companion without prejudice--people were awesome and had many ways to say things.

Having established some temporary shelter, she begins scouting the area around them alongside the wanderer to get bearings and decide where to head next.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 06, 2019, 02:18:15 am »

We need to find shelter.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 06, 2019, 12:50:43 pm »

((Currently working on Masters stuff, will be extensively busy))

Iolani nodded and listened to her new companion without prejudice--people were awesome and had many ways to say things.

Having established some temporary shelter, she begins scouting the area around them alongside the wanderer to get bearings and decide where to head next.

Unfghe stares at Iolani in confusion, before speaking with a normal voice.

"...What? Did I just say something right now? Sorry, my memory's kinda hazy."

Unfghe, somewhat dazed, helps Iolani while trying to remember how did he get into this situation. Do I even know where am I?
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 13, 2019, 08:04:34 am »

Turn 15

Evening [2]

Morion

[5] The mystic prepared a bed for himself and summoned the Darkfang to guard him during this time. Then he went to sleep. He had a dream about discovering a red orb in a cavern deep under the Bleak Valley, he felt in this dream that this should be his goal upon waking!

Quinn Learner

[2] Quinn wanted to turn into tar-form, but somehow he couldn't push himself enough to do it!

Code: [Select]
[Quinn: 3, 3, 5, 5]
[Illraniur: 6, 4, 2, 1]

The mystic instantly shot out a powerful nova of tar, raising a protective wall around himself at the same time. The tar from the nova started bouncing back and forth and pounding on the wall, until it reached a speed so high that it broke through the illusion! Quinn removed the wall to see where the enemy is and fond him encased in tar right in front of him!

Illraniur: Dead
Quinn: +1 kill, +256 Experience, Level up!

Iolani & Unfghe Ihytgz

[Iolani: 3, Unfghe: 5]

Unfghe stared at Iolani in confusion, before speaking with a normal voice: "...What? Did I just say something right now? Sorry, my memory's kinda hazy." They went scout the neighboring area. From Iolani's observations it was safe to stop there for now, and Unfghe found a sulphury nest of friendly implings! The demons greeted him warmly and gave him a clear, almost transparent crystal with a flame dancing inside of it, saying: "Human visit us! We give human a gift! Human need more charge, human give gift!"

Unfghe: Received Flamestone

Flamestone - A rechargable crystal with the power of flames enclosed within it.
[Gives ability to use fire-based magic [50/50 charges]]

Rainer Edmunton & Quan

[Rainer: 4, Quan: 2]

The knight and the sentenced left the drop-off area and finally moved on into the Valley to seek shelter. Quan couldn't find his way around and followed Rainer all the time. They found a nice cliff overhang, under which they moved some rocks and logs to build walls. After a while they had a makeshift shack built, and a fireplace lit inside.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 13, 2019, 10:28:07 am »

Use my tarturgy to construct a basic shelter for the night to protect me from further potential attackers, then claim Illraniur’s equipment. Additionally, try to study the traces of magic left behind - and which may still cling to him - to attempt to learn some of his techniques.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 13, 2019, 10:30:51 am »

”We should stay inside. Anything you can think of to do while we wait?”
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 13, 2019, 03:16:05 pm »

"we should come up with a effective night watch set up that will let us both get the required sleep we need"
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 14, 2019, 11:41:24 am »

Maybe now I can stop forgetting what all I have and can do. I guess do Detect Energy around my hiding place, ask Darkfang where he comes from and how he ended up stuck inside a dagger.

Spoiler: Morion (click to show/hide)
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 14, 2019, 11:59:06 am »

”I’ll take the first shift, and I’ll wake you half way through the night to begin your shift.”

As stated above.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 15, 2019, 02:13:33 am »

((Will have a week vacation from 19 to 24 so I can finally catch up with everything needed :D))
Iolani & Unfghe Ihytgz
[...]The demons greeted him warmly and gave him a clear, almost transparent crystal with a flame dancing inside of it, saying: "Human visit us! We give human a gift! Human need more charge, human give gift!"[...]
"Interesting creatures." Iolani mused as she watched the implings. "Are they local to the area because I've never experienced them before.

"Got any tools there? For woodcrafting and hunting? Know anything about the place? I'm ready to- uh, trade!"

Speak and try to obtain stuff too? Then return to scouting the area in search of civilization!

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 19, 2019, 01:41:12 pm »

Turn 16

Night [1]

Quinn Learner

[2] Quinn tried to use tarturgy to create a shelter from tar, but he couldn't do so now!

[6] He reached for Illraniur's body to search his equipment. Upon touching it he felt that his bag was insanely heavy and dense, as if it had an entire dimension hidden inside! He couldn't even lif it!

[4] Then the mystic attempted to study the traces of magic left behind the illusionist or those clinging to the body. He attuned to its frequency with ease and slightly adjusted it to match his own residue, which allowed him to absorb the energy and gain some understanding of it. As a result, Quinn is now able to use illusions to some extent!

Quinn: New ability
Illusionist's Spirit - Allows to perform low-scale illusions.

Rainer Edmunton & Quan

”We should stay inside. Anything you can think of to do while we wait?” Rainer asked. "We should come up with a effective night watch set up that will let us both get the required sleep we need." advised Quan. ”I’ll take the first shift, and I’ll wake you half way through the night to begin your shift.” Rainer decided and left the shack.

[5] As soon as he left, the night creatures spotted him and started running away, scattering everything that they had in their claws and jaws! It seemed that they were afraid of him for some reason!

Iolani & Unfghe Ihytgz

"Interesting creatures." Iolani mused as she watched the implings. "Are they local to the area because I've never experienced them before." she said approaching the nest.

"Got any tools there? For woodcrafting and hunting? Know anything about the place? I'm ready to- uh, trade!"

[2] "Isssssaa night! We go hide! the implings yelled histerically and dived into sulphur.

[3] Iolani went back to scouting for civilization with Unfghe on her side, she couldn't see much in the darkness, but they could see some fireplace in the distance!

GM Notes

Tiruin - the colour I used for Iolani is skyblue.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 19, 2019, 01:53:52 pm »

Re-attempt making a tar shelter, then try to figure out why I can't lift the bag. After all, Illraniur had been able to.
Also try to identify the bag's contents.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 19, 2019, 03:39:23 pm »

”Hey, I scared off these monsters that was outside. Would you mind collecting the lootthey dropped while I keep watch?”

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15