Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Embark in a civilisationless world?  (Read 1040 times)

NobleSeagull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Embark in a civilisationless world?
« on: April 01, 2019, 09:19:02 pm »

Hi,
I'd like to generate an incredibly hostile world without a single civilisation but also be able to embark on it, however I can't seem to find a way to embark on a world such as that. Does anyone have any solutions on how to do this?

Digganob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Embark in a civilisationless world?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2019, 11:53:45 pm »

Try setting savagery and beasts sliders to the highest, with civs to lowest. It might take a few tries and you'd have to make the world small to increase the density of beasts, but it'd work. You can always embark if a civilization is dead, so there's no technical problems with starting in such a world. But yeah, pretty much just pray that the beast take everyone out at t the start.

Or, if you want to take an easier way, that requires some modding, go into the raws and edit everyone so that they basically immediately die, like, you know, remove some vital organs. Except for your parent civilization, because you want them to make anvils first. I don't know a way to make anvils available regardless of your civilization, so that's probably the best way to do it. Just generate worlds till your parent civ is destroyed by beasts, but not before they have anvils.

These are the paths I would take to achieve your goal, but alas, I'm a noob, so you might find a better way from someone else.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2019, 01:53:32 am »

I think DF labels worlds without any dwarven civs as adventure/legends mode only, in which case you'd have to somehow hack DF to think the world has a dorf civ in it when it actually doesn't.

You may be able to exploit the bug that causes DF to usually label civs that should be dead as struggling. If the world contains one dwarven civ that's actually dead (as in no sites or members) you ought to be able to embark as that civ (with all the effects of a "struggling" civ, i.e. caravans, unlimited migrant waves, a monarch, etc.). However, if you have (or engineer) ANOTHER dwarven civ that even DF considers to be dead, you can use DFHack to add it to the list of civs you can embark as. If you do that, this civ should actually be a dead one, and since the other civ is dead for all practical purposes, you ought to be able to play as a dead civ in a dead world.

It usually works to kill a civ that ought to be dead to hack the entity_populations entry for the civ to have a zero count rather than the normal bugged non zero value BEFORE DF finalizes the world (i.e. before the end year and the packaging up of the world happens).

Also note that dead civs can't send out expeditions to recover artifacts (since everyone else is dead, conquest is out of the question anyway) due to a bug (expeditions leave the embark but never progress, probably because moving armies is done on the civ level, and civ level actions are probably skipped when the civ is dead).

daggaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2019, 02:38:50 am »

Can confirm. You need minimum 1 dwarven civilization to send a wagon if you want to play fort mode.