Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: You’re a Researcher: RTD/Story game  (Read 5232 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: You’re a Researcher: RTD/Story game
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2019, 05:17:42 pm »

I say we should try to figure out how the mask works, so that we can reproduce it (or at least its effects).
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2019, 05:44:12 am »

I say we should try to figure out how the mask works, so that we can reproduce it (or at least its effects).
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2019, 02:49:35 pm »

PTW

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2019, 11:04:56 pm »

Given your field and got a chance to work with before. +2 now.

Roll: 6. So 8.

Big success, as one puts it on after some alterations. Full data on screen, technology memory banks, language selection, scanners, radar, and a hud system to help aim, givevread out of Weapons, and even a side bonus of triggering extra mass from mask to coat body in a layer of flexible, light and tough armor. And since shows blue prints. Looks like your on to something now.

Aside reporting results can always sneak in toy with instruction to family, play both sides. The one side not the case are those trying to kill the humans.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2019, 11:23:51 pm »

Let's make a couple different versions, each taking different pieces. There's a civilian version, which helps with storing information, translating stuff, and helping them find stuff that they're looking for; think a combination of google or wikipedia (but better), translation apps, and "find my keys". The standard government version (or administration version) has all the civilian stuff, plus stuff that makes it better interface with preexisting government systems and the like; take the stuff from the civvie version and add radio and the like. The military version drops most of the stored information (mainly it'll be pertinent military information, including medical stuff and how to drive/pilot vehicles, that gets kept), but adds in the scanners, radar, HUD, and weapon readouts.
We keep the complete version to ourselves and a few select people we like. And maybe one day we'll release an "upgrade" of the military version that adds in the full body armor. But there's no need for that yet; they don't know it's any more than a mask right now.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2019, 08:13:08 am »

PTW

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2019, 09:57:24 pm »

The bosses are pleased you figured it out. The guys are going to mainstream the legal version, the one kept for your merchant family a state secret as they make their copies of the “full deal.”

Now something new!

: In the last Combat in the front lines, xenos have been captured! Reports are in that twelve different kinds, in same side. Bodies and live specimens. 6 Of each one.:

Question: What to do with them, after they go to capture zone?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2019, 10:24:56 pm »

Eheheheh.

Let's see if some new employment would be acceptable to them. Also, in addition to their soldiering, what other professional experience do they have, if any?

Of course, we'll want their tech. If we hire them, we'll buy it off them and pay them extra to show us how it works, if not the principles; we can work those out later. If we don't, then we'll just take the stuff and figure them out ourselves. Maybe get the info from them in exchange for a quicker release or something.

Also, examine them. And conduct autopsies of any corpses we can get.
So we're clear, we will not be vivisecting the prisoners.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2019, 10:26:33 pm »

Eheheheh.

Let's see if some new employment would be acceptable to them. Also, in addition to their soldiering, what other professional experience do they have, if any?

Of course, we'll want their tech. If we hire them, we'll buy it off them and pay them extra to show us how it works, if not the principles; we can work those out later. If we don't, then we'll just take the stuff and figure them out ourselves. Maybe get the info from them in exchange for a quicker release or something.

Also, examine them. And conduct autopsies of any corpses we can get.
+1
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 12:51:08 am by King Zultan »
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2019, 11:42:37 pm »

Not until we run out of corpses, anyway. Gotta practice first.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2019, 12:18:50 am »

Not until we run out of corpses, anyway. Gotta practice first.
"We will not be vivisecting the prisoners" contains no qualifiers, be they explicit or implicit.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2019, 09:57:58 am »

Uhm, but if they refuse to cooperate, it would be our scientific duty to brutally torture them.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2019, 11:21:00 am »

Uhm, but if they refuse to cooperate, it would be our scientific duty to brutally torture them.
Ok yes fair.
We will not be vivisecting the prisoners unless there is nothing else useful we can get out of them because they refuse to cooperate.
Hopefully, a few vivisections on some of the aliens will result in an outflow of information and cooperation from the others.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2019, 01:05:09 pm »

Btw, we are currently at war with ayyyliens? Or is it our merchant family exclusive feud with them?

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2019, 02:31:45 pm »

Ok yes fair.
We will not be vivisecting the prisoners unless there is nothing else useful we can get out of them because they refuse to cooperate.
Hopefully, a few vivisections on some of the aliens will result in an outflow of information and cooperation from the others.
Of course, those first vivisections can be coupled with research on xeno anesthesia, to see what can be done to vivisect them in a way that can be passed off as "surgery".
I mean, we're not in the seventeenth century. There are probably ethics boards and other bleeding-heart committees in this universe.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 02:35:06 pm by HmH »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4