Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: You’re a Researcher: RTD/Story game  (Read 5167 times)

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You’re a Researcher: RTD/Story game
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2019, 04:05:38 pm »

To be honest, we did not get that much of alien descriptions, we don't know if it is humanoid pink pandas waging war with us because of our space ships ruining their ecology, or it is something like xcom ethereals or zergs bent on complete destruction/consumption of mankind.

Also, its not like any alien rights protection will learn of our experiments in secret lab.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2019, 08:59:51 pm »

Ooc: Well you just get what they toss at you. Your not acting head of defense, just a lav Tech. A powerful one but still.

Bodies:

1:Massive twelve foot tall gorilla/ beatle Thing with many sharp looking parts.

2:Furry Proto mammal/hairy reptiles that apparently are mammals

3:Strange tentacled dolphin type things.

4:Rat people the size of a hobbit, with wolverine claws.

5:A bee creature with ton of apparent eggs.

6:A apparent octopus critter that can live indefintively on land.

7: A massive bipedal turtle warrior.

8: Praying mantis people.

9: Apparently engineered hairless warrior creatures.

10: Six eyed feathered dragons.

11: A host of tentacles and worms which main sphere organs control whole mass.

12: A humanoid, with thicker body mass and extra organs and bronze skin. True difference aside organ arrangement is 4’5 to 5’8 and are four to six times wider, in muscle.:

Living: Three of each listed above.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2019, 06:43:10 am »

Autopsy the Rat people and the dolphin thing.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2019, 08:01:04 am »

But the bee thing is so much more interesting from a scientific viewpoint! Is there really a ton of the legs? Is that a metric ton or a long ton? How many bee legs are there in a ton, anyway?
We should probably weigh them all separately to get an accurate, analyzable picture. Just like tearing legs off flies!

...Also, that many different bodies are pretty worrying. If there are twelve different species against us, and each species bred on its own planet to a population large enough to support all the high-tech factories necessary to build a rocket... just how outnumbered are we?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 08:07:04 am by HmH »

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2019, 03:36:57 pm »

Notice: The Galaxy is big. Currently humanity is just passing off everyone and should be grateful not like my traditional rpgs. I made games with 200 or more Culture growths. On with the show.

Dolphin things:

“ The suits they wore were not for actual protection. Rather a liquid form of oxygen bursting right into their bodies. This is noted because all their ships have water. Makes sense to deliver oxygen while their tentacles work. Applying electro shocks to limbs gets them to move, no stronger than average human body builder. It should be noted their minds are huge and on planet combat have noted they fly like a certain super hero. They are apparently psionic. The extent needs to be learned and with proper gene mixing, we could have psi troops.

Rat people:

“ Small, smelly and have a interesting skeleton, akin to Logan from X Men. The flesh has died so damage does not heal, the living ones note they do heal. Also they talk by scent, literally their scent glands apparently give messages, stimulate the Dead makes the living think we are necromancers.

Though that is crazy talk.”

Gained projections:

Psi Moding

Scent Warfare:

And the other stuff.

New research time, gear sells going good. Could upgrade base, pick another research project or make one up of your own desires.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2019, 12:19:52 am »

Genetic manipulations will take a while to get any tangible results, and we need them quickly right now. We could work on the psionic soldiers later.
Scent Warfare: figure out which scents cause the rats to feel despair and fear, the two feelings that are infectious in social animals, then concoct a gaseous agent that cranks those feelings up to 11. Once the lowly engineers have the agent formula, they'll know how to make it into a bomb.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2019, 12:49:15 am »

Genetic manipulations will take a while to get any tangible results, and we need them quickly right now. We could work on the psionic soldiers later.
Scent Warfare: figure out which scents cause the rats to feel despair and fear, the two feelings that are infectious in social animals, then concoct a gaseous agent that cranks those feelings up to 11. Once the lowly engineers have the agent formula, they'll know how to make it into a bomb.
Let's also create ones that cause relaxation or euphoria.
Both for commercial sale and to aid stealth and distraction missions.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2019, 01:12:07 am »

*sneaks into the rats' weapon factory, gets caught by a guard*
*sprays "I love you" pheromones into the guard's face*
*the guard pulls the trigger out of sheer horror and revulsion*

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2019, 04:16:50 am »

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2019, 12:46:28 pm »

Rolls:

Research: 12 ( Yay. The smells are done.)

Well doc. We did it. Made Artifical smells for moods. Using the rat code as a base line and figure it out in others, could wreck havoc over all. Currently attempting production.

Production: 1 ( Horrorfic failure)

Yet in the process of making the stuff, a man got the idea to con women with right smell. Instead of Love, got Berserk and the Factory got torn up and equipment smashed up. Had to contain the workers and clean up in hazmat attire

Workers will be replaced by merchant connections, but adds a level
Of debit now.

Event: 2 ( New Rival approaches!)

And in further news to make life difficult. You got a friendly rival. His name is Tiberius Levin, he hails from a Feral world yet his intelligence is upstanding. Rumor has is deep into religion as he was a tribal and shamans don. And as a tribal, it means he has been in combat, so actually knows how to kill.

He was in the Auxiliary Legions. Got promoted to Researcher as he managed to engineer the top line compute line on his own, with spare parts. Yes, Positrioc Brain/computer. With a magnetic gun relay and a view parts of made anti matter Bomb and getting processors to not explode at once. He also invented the Photonic Heart cyberware. Which is also a testament to crazy science.

: Levine approaches the research camp in traditional warrior garb, with visible tattoos and two weapons holstered on him.: “ I heard good things about you, we are now to share space. Is this alright? I know we are to compete now. But, no need to be uncivil.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2019, 11:51:32 pm »

"Sure. After the incident at the pheromone factory, this lab could use an expert on production lines." We nod at the long, long list of species we have in the holding cells. "Let's warn each other what we're working on so we don't step on each other's toes. I'm studying the regenerating rats and tentacled dolphins right now."
Cooperate with the rival as much as we can without actually giving him any useful research. Not until we're sure he won't take all the credit for himself.
Continue research on the rat things: figure out what makes them regenerate, see whether it's possible to make an agent that does the same thing to terrestrial mammals.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2019, 07:26:13 am »

"Sure. After the incident at the pheromone factory, this lab could use an expert on production lines." We nod at the long, long list of species we have in the holding cells. "Let's warn each other what we're working on so we don't step on each other's toes. I'm studying the regenerating rats and tentacled dolphins right now."
Cooperate with the rival as much as we can without actually giving him any useful research. Not until we're sure he won't take all the credit for himself.
Continue research on the rat things: figure out what makes them regenerate, see whether it's possible to make an agent that does the same thing to terrestrial mammals.

+1

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2019, 03:09:55 pm »

+1

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2019, 09:13:52 am »

Notice: There are reasons for the wars. A npc helper may explain things if that is rolled ( Lore Master.)

Science stuff.

Self Repairing Flesh:

“ As we studied the flesh of these creatures, we had a genius idea, take the DNA and RNA code, splice it and then injection to the would be host. Just like vaccines of the past were injected in horses and drew out latter. It works, the subjects can heal. Sadly it requires donor material of the one using it and bonding phase before life saving injections. Also to note, it makes users more aggressive, and more rebelous to commands. Though that can be drilled, as in practice not drills. To get it out of them.

6 in work

2 in production,

3 in bugs:

Rival working on something, care to perk?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2019, 10:04:26 am »

ask knowledgeable not why the war is happening

Research furry protomsmmals which look like reptiles but apparerently are mammals
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4