Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: any basic tilesets that dont bug out over mods?  (Read 2512 times)

CohentheBarbarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
any basic tilesets that dont bug out over mods?
« on: April 07, 2019, 10:08:46 pm »

whats a good basic tile set for people that like to experiment with everyone's mods?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: any basic tilesets that dont bug out over mods?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 02:20:06 am »

Maybe Phoebus' works without overrides?
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/File:Phoebus_16x16.png

It was listed under the regular tilesets, so I would think it does.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 02:22:06 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
Re: any basic tilesets that dont bug out over mods?
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2019, 04:41:23 am »

Phoebus' (at least the version that comes with LNP) is generally usable with mods but some items will have issues.

In the image below I was playing Random Dragon's Kobold Kamp with phoebus'. As you can see the unsmoothed gray stone walls and the gems are not displayed correctly, the walls lack any texture and the gems use the tile for mussels (iirc).

Do note that the three workshops in this picture also lack the proper tiles. For two of them (upper right corner and lower left corner next to the stockpiles) that was because  LNP has some issues with the auto installed TWBT version of Phoebus but it can be fixed it by manually installing the graphic set. The third one (lower right corner) is a custom building from the mod so it didn't have any corresponding tiles in phoebus'.

If you'll excuse me for self promoting my work you can check the link, in my sig, about playing KK with LNP to check which files I needed to tinker with to make the graphic set to work as intended. It's not something difficult to fix, you only need to change the mod's raws to use the correct tiles but it can be time consuming. Of course you'll also need to provide/assign proper tiles for any custom item or building that your mod has and that can be done through twbt's ovorrrides.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.