Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 58

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 6re: IC Thread!  (Read 43856 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Fire Emblem on Forums 6re: IC Thread!
« on: April 06, 2019, 02:16:47 pm »

~~~~RULES~~~~

1. All kinds of questions, character sheet edits, story discussions and all non-IC stuff are to be posted at OOC Thread

2. Post formatting is mandatory:
"Coloured text for PC speech lines!"
Normal text for descriptions, etc.
Bolded text denotes action!

3. Order of posts:
In battle:
Player(s) -> GM -> Player(s) -> GM ... (until end of Player Phase) -> GM posts for Enemies -> GM posts for Allies -> End of Turn.
Outside battle:
Players -> GM, when needed

4. Unless GM explicitly mentions you/your character, you can't post in this thread.

5. Table of Contents:
Prologue: Mayhem in the Provinces
Chapter 1: Right Under Their Noses
Chapter 2: Not-So-Usual Traveler Woes
Chapter 3: The Goveron University
Chapter 3-2: The Top Dog
« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 10:36:45 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 6re: IC Thread!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2019, 02:32:30 pm »

Prologue: Mayhem in the Provinces

Blumhart, administrative center of Oversealand. Office of Governor General, Claus Peritz...

The large, bulky man with fabulous hair and insignia of Governor read the pages of that Captain Astleich has just given him. Soft hums and thoughtful sighs escaped the bearded Governor's mouth as he flipped the pages, and then looked at Richard.

"Those are your orders, then? Perform an investigation into rumors of rebellion in Overseasland, with me being your superior for this assignment?"

"That is correct." The Governor stared at the Captain for a while, and then glanced at Brunhilde, then Niels and Siegfried, his eyes lingering at the lavender-haired knight for a while.

"Your operatives seem rather young, Captain Astleich. I've hoped that the Reich Senate would send a whole team of professional operatives and soldiers..."

"I do not doubt their abilities, loyalty and eagerness to perform successfully on this assignment, Governor General. Please have some faith in the youth of the Reich."

"Oh, I have plenty of faith in them... but can they vouch for themselves? They will be in potentially hostile environment, without their superiors, friends and families around. Will they be able to raise their weapons against angry peasants, if the need rises, to preserve the current order of things, hmm?" The bearded man shifted in his seat. "What say you?"

//Siegfried Jubastacheit, Niels Eisenmarke and Brunhilde Saden are now active~!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 02:34:51 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2019, 02:40:01 pm »

The young Drachenreiter, Niels Eisenmarke, snapped to attention as the Governer's gaze swept over the assorted troops.
"Sir. I may be young, but my loyalty is completely to the Reich. I will do whatever is necessary to ensure our success!"
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2019, 02:41:04 pm »

Brunhilde had been standing mostly at attention, arms lightly crossed behind her back, but she was staring at the feet of the two men in front of her instead of at their faces. She was here to represent her family, to represent the Reich, and, most importantly, to prove to herself that she could still be a part of this military she had been working to be a part of for so long. It didn't help that the man she was standing next to was the one who had left her arm in the weakened state that it was in, unable to hold much for any longer than a few seconds.

No, stop that Brun. He's your companion, it was an accident, and it was your own magic that caused your arm to be unable to be healed. You can't be blaming him. You need to work with him.

She realized she was being addressed and snapped her head up at the Governor General.

"Ah, yes sir. We are here to find the truth and to protect the interest of the Reich. We have all been trained to be a part of the military. We know what we need to do, and will do our job, whatever that entails. Er, sir."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 6re: IC Thread!
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2019, 02:42:34 pm »

"I understand the duties expected of me, Governor-General." He did his best not to look uncomfortable beneath the man's gaze. Claus Peritz. . . not a name he wanted to be working closely with, but it was unavoidable, it seemed. "I don't relish the idea of fighting the common folk, but I will do so if I absolutely must." Not to mention that was the worst possible question he could have been asked; he had hoped to do anything but trample the peasantry while they were here.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2019, 03:06:30 pm »

"Hmmm... well, like I said, I believe in your skills."

"Is there anything you wish us to investigate, sir?" The bearded man nodded.

"Indeed, I do have something you can look into right away. A small hamlet of Abado, just few hours north of here, has been recently a hub of strange activity."

"Strange... activity?"

"Mm. Reich guard going out on night patrols in this area started to disappear. Not whole units, mind you, just single soldiers. Locals are reporting lights and fires in the forest, but naught a single encampment was found, or remains of such. Nightly couriers and other sneaky types traveling off the road and hiding in the wheatfields." The Governor shifted in his seat again.

"If Abado is the crossroads for rebel messengers and spies, you should see what you can find out there."

"This is just as good starting point as any other. Are we being given any supplies, or...?"

"Mhm, I've told my quartermaster to set aside some funds and medicine for you and your operatives. His office is downstairs, left from the entrance."

"We will sortie right away, sir." Captain Astleich raised his right palm to his right forearm in a Reich salute. The Governor replied with the same gesture.

"Dismissed. And good hunting." Captain Astleich nodded, turned around, and walked out of the door.
SigFlags!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2019, 07:05:26 pm »

Niels followed the Captain back out. He waited a minute - until he was quite certain they were not in earshot of the governor - before he spoke again.
"Man... The Governor was obviously doubting us."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2019, 07:21:00 pm »

"Easy enough to understand. This is his area of control and while we are under his power, we're still four people sent by the Senate to investigate his area, especially with as young as we are. He does not know who we are or why we were chosen. He most likely is simply nervous that we'll cause problems he needs to clean up..."

She'd started out strong and loud, but trailed off, glancing back at Niels, wondering. They hadn't known each other well. She hadn't even recognized him at first. Did he know who she was? She'd mostly avoided him on the trip over here, a not especially difficult task, as she was able to hide in her cabin studying magic. But still... Did he know her?

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2019, 07:30:40 pm »

Siegfried similarly left the room, armor clanking faintly as the large man moved.
"I hope his suspicions don't make things difficult for us." He couldn't keep his own uncertainty out of his voice, especially with less pressure to keep it hidden. "I suppose we'll just have to avoid causing problems?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2019, 08:02:16 pm »

"Well, we'll do our best... Stopping a rebellion sounds like it could get mess though which doesn't bode well..."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2019, 03:09:24 am »

"We're newcomers to this land. Like Brunhilde said, obviously he is a bit worried. Let's make sure we don't dissappoint the Governor."

Meanwhile, Governor Peritz had opened the drawer at his desk and was ready to put the documents inside, until he re-read one of the names of the operatives. Staring at the name, he brought the papers closer to his face.

"Oh.." He looked at the door, then at the papers again.

"Hrmm... better that she doesn't learn of this." Few thoughtful moments later, the bearded man closed the drawer and instead put the Senate's documents in to a small box on his desk, keeping them - and the list of names - under lock and key.

The quartermaster was a small, wrinkled, rat-faced man with rectangular glasses, wearing not the Reich uniform, but flowing robes of purple and red. He looked from above his glasses as Captain Astleich moved up to his desk.

"Yes?"

"We're here to obtain medicine and funds allocated for our assignment by Governor Peritz." The bureaucrat looked at the Captain for a brief moment, before opening a large book.

"Aha." Somewhat bedgrudgingly, the quartermaster moved to the boxes and chests. He browsed the items and supplies, looking at labels, before bringing back two small bottles, two large bottles, and a labeled sack that made lovely, tinkling noises inside.

"Two Concoctions, two Antitoxins, and one thousand Reichmarks." He placed all the items on the table, and then dipped the quill in the inkwell, passing the feather to the Captain.

"Rank and name, right here please." Captain Astleich wrote the required information in the book.

//Party gets 1000 Gold!
//Richard and Niels get Antitoxin! Brunhilde and Siegfried get Concoction!

The Captain looked at his subordinates.

"Well, I believe we're set to go?"
SigFlags!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2019, 10:30:18 am »

Niels glanced out of the side of his eye towards Brunhilde. Oh, he remembered her. He'd had a vague sense of guilt over it for years. She must still blame him, as she'd studiously avoided him through the boat trip. He fought back a grimace. This was going to be an awkward trip.
"We will just have to be careful."
"If we doubt ourselves too much, we'll be our own worst enemy."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2019, 10:49:46 am »

"Y-yes sir. Ready to go whem you are. And....and Niels is correct. We must move forward with the idea that we are doing the best path we can. R-right?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2019, 11:25:06 am »

"I don't see any issues, Captain." With the equipment, anyway. Both of his allies seemed to be as uncomfortable as he was, though he didn't quite know why.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2019, 03:21:59 pm »

"Then it is settled."

One hour later...

As the group was approaching the palisade of Abado, a high-pitched scream, and then shouting, came from beyond the wooden stockade.

"Screams!? Onwards, something's happening in the village!."

Meanwhile, bloodthirsty bandits were flooding into the village.

"Nyeyeheh! Kill them all! Then, the plan..."

"Make sure to leave enough Reich souvenirs, boys!"

~~Player Turn 1~~

Objectives:
Save as many Villagers as possible (at least 1).
Eliminate enemy units.

Enemy stats are here!
Allied stats are here!

Spoiler: HP (click to show/hide)
SigFlags!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 58