Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [IC] TotM:RNE - Sky Meadow: Shattered Remnants  (Read 1667 times)

Alaska

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] TotM:RNE - Sky Meadow: Shattered Remnants
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2020, 09:06:52 am »

Alaska switched his visor to the built in VISR mode and pulled security, scanning the area around the statue for any signs on movement. "I personally wouldn't touch that thing, I were you. Too many things go wrong when people just start touching shit." Alaska racked a round into his M7S SMG, prepared for the worst.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2020, 06:17:18 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"A stand?"

"Is that what you call your brand of ability?" Griffon asks curiously.  He had seen the man reassemble things with his power once already.

"I can think of a few things it might have been, but none of them from another world."

After the statue's text is read, Griffon nods, and pokes it.

"You have to spend lifepoints to take lifepoints, as it were."
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2020, 07:46:39 pm »

Henry nods, as he watches Griffon poke the statue. "Yep, it's like a manifestation of a power, in my case the power to reassemble things from nearby materials, as I explained before."

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2020, 05:08:20 am »

As soon as Griffon moves to touch the statue he feels a searing pain wrack his body as blood simmers to the surface of his skin and evaporates into a fine red mist.  A small pile of glittering coins appears at the base of the statue and the stone turns a duller, almost black color.
Griffon takes 17 Pure damage!
The party gains $85.

Several loud whooshing sounds can be heard from the direction of the bridge and looking back over it you all see several small floating, flaming masks drifting slowly in your direction.  Just as well a huge mushroom, half as tall as anyone in the party with a cap as wide around as they are tall, has somehow uprooted itself and began shimmying over the narrow tenuous bridge of stones.

Threat increases from Meager to Minor
We are born, out of storm and thunder,
Raised, tear the worlds asunder,
Sent, in the darkest hour,
By the hands of power.

Alaska

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2020, 07:14:09 am »

Alaska stood and walked closer to the the two, "See! What'd I say would happen. Just lucky it wasn't something bigger..." He looked over his shoulder at the slowly shimmying Mushroom and flaming masks, "...or quicker." He tapped his hand onto the side of his helmet, causing his visor to become clear, "So what's the plan now?"

He checked his magazines and equipment while asking the question.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2020, 05:44:58 pm »

Henry shakes himself out as he draws his knife. "They don't look friendly so I'd suggest you get ready to shoot the flying ones."
With that, Henry starts rushing towards the mushroom looking thing.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2020, 12:45:07 am »

"I play one card face down, and summon Wind-Up Kitten, in Attack Mode!" Griffon exclaims, setting down "A Hero Emerges" and summoning the afformentioned monster

'With this card on the field, I can summon a monster the instant someone tries to attack me,' he thinks to himself.

'If one of those things goes after me, I'll just awaken my Blue Eyes.'

"Now, Pixel Knight, Attack that monsters and destroy it!" he shouts, pointing towards the mushroom.

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2020, 02:01:47 am »

Henry moves towards the bridge, getting within melee range of the Mushrum.

Three of the Lesser Wisps drift to Griffon and Alaska, while one turns back to focus on Henry.
Henry hears a dull pop and feels something burning arc across his back and side as he takes 5 damage.

Alaska prepares himself for anything and moves up to Init position 16.

Griffon hangs back, preferring to set out a couple new monsters to do the fighting for him.
Pixel Knight swipes at one of the Wisps, catching it with its blade and causing it to detonate.
Wind-Up Kitten bats at another one sending it drifting back, but failing to end it.

Henry watches the Mushrum jump up in surprise as he approaches, and then quite quickly begin producing a thick haze of spores that immediately smells foul and burn Henry's nostrils.  The Mushrum lays a spore-trap on Init 9 for four rounds!  Henry takes 8 damage from inhaling the toxic spores.

Init:
By the hands of power.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2020, 04:47:49 am »

"I activate Pixel Paradiso, then summon Pixel Knight and Pixel Dragon to the field freely!" 

"Next, I Tribute both Pixel Knight and Wind-up Kitten to summon Barrel Dragon to the field!"

"Barrel Dragon!  Blue Eyes Pixel Dragon!  Wipe out that Mushroom and Wisp!"

Both dragons attack, dealing 13 Damage to both the Wisp and the Mushroom Monsters with twin beams of energy!

His Duel Disk flips several coins internally, but nothing else happens.

Alaska

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2020, 12:36:00 pm »

"I'll take this one!"

Alaska fires a shot from his SMG into one of nearer whisps dealing 10 damage. His Augmentations kick in, giving him 4 THP this turn.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2020, 10:27:26 pm »

Henry tries knocking the mushroom off the bridge while CMR counter attacks the mushroom.

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2021, 09:21:42 am »

Henry knocks the Mushrum off the edge and the Wisps are easy enough to dispatch.
$40 are collected, bringing the party total to $125.

Continuing across the bridge onto the next plateau there isn't much more to speak of.  One massive pillar looms above while several others lean here and there.  Eventually you come to a short ledge dividing this plateau from the next, climbing up to the next level you see a fairly wide open space with two tall pillars "supporting" the great tracks of floating rocks and old roots above you.

There is a large circular construction towards the center of the field and several more of those boxes, but in better condition littered around.  There is a small creature not more than maybe 4ft tall doing something at the dias of the circular structure.  It looks like some kind of black blob, short stubby arms and legs, several small objects embedded into it's back, with an almost empty sack slung over one 'shoulder' and a gun(?) almost as big as it is leaned against one of the stone panels around the structure.
By the hands of power.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2021, 04:08:13 pm »

Henry ignores the boxes for now, dropping the damaged one he had brought next to one before approaching the black blobby thing cautiously, unsure of if it was friendly or not.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2021, 05:48:48 pm »

Drawing a card, Griffon smiles.

"I play the magic card, polymerization!  Barrel Dragon!  Blue-Eyes Pixel Dragon!  Come together, and be reborn anew!"

The two giant dragons swirl together, turning into a gigantic pixelated three-headed dragon.

Now behold!  Three-headed Blue-Eyes Pixel Dragon!

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2021, 06:37:35 am »

As Henry drops the box with a thud and clatter the creature jumps in surprise, it turns to see the three party members approaching and lunges for its weapon with a high pitched, surprised "Yip".  Stubby arms clatter against the weapon with buttery precision to send it careening towards the ground with a thump.
It glances up once more just in time to see Griffon summoning a large multi-headed dragon.  There is a split second of recognition before it abandons any sense of "fight" and goes straight for "flight".  A strained "Wahhhhh" escapes it as it attempts to hobble full-speed on it's short legs.

Henry is fairly confidant he could easily out-pace it with a brisk walk.
By the hands of power.
Pages: 1 [2]