Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ways to do custom stockpiles?  (Read 1802 times)

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Ways to do custom stockpiles?
« on: April 06, 2019, 05:19:29 pm »

So I have been getting back to masterwork and DF in general and I am having a lot of fun once again, but I wanted to make a tallow stockpile and all hell broke loose.
There are many, many pages of "tallow", most of the entries I will probably never encounter.

I know about the save/load stockpile, but it will only help after I made said stockpile once.
I went to google to search if there was a dfhack command like "stockpile allow *tallow" or something similar but I couldn't find anything remotely close to it.

Before going to write a small script that would do it (if that's even possible, I haven't searched if a script can access the necessary informations) I wanted to make sure I didn't just miss a solution (either script or something else) due to my poor google skills.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

JAK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ways to do custom stockpiles?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2019, 11:50:52 pm »

So I have been getting back to masterwork and DF in general and I am having a lot of fun once again, but I wanted to make a tallow stockpile and all hell broke loose.
There are many, many pages of "tallow", most of the entries I will probably never encounter.

I know about the save/load stockpile, but it will only help after I made said stockpile once.
I went to google to search if there was a dfhack command like "stockpile allow *tallow" or something similar but I couldn't find anything remotely close to it.

Before going to write a small script that would do it (if that's even possible, I haven't searched if a script can access the necessary informations) I wanted to make sure I didn't just miss a solution (either script or something else) due to my poor google skills.

I haven't got the game running right now, but can't you just use the DFhack search feature to isolate all the tallow types and enable/disable them all together? That's what I do with milk stockpiles for cheesemaking.

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2019, 09:15:46 am »

(p)ermit and (f)orbid only allow or disable what the search is presently filtered to.  So if you want a stockpile of just tallow, create a food stockpile, block all, go to fat, (s)earch for tallow and then (p)ermit.  Now your stockpile has all the tallows allowed and nothing else.

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2019, 12:23:55 pm »

Seriously?

You are my saviour, thank you so much!
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks