Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My Dwarves seem to enjoy vomiting all over the place  (Read 1949 times)

SedrynTyros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sedryn's Corner
My Dwarves seem to enjoy vomiting all over the place
« on: April 06, 2019, 11:51:31 pm »

Is this normal?  i have a Tavern going and am wondering if that is causing all of the upchuck.  I have 103 adult Dwarves currently and vomit is a regular occurrence.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 05:22:01 pm by SedrynTyros »
Addendum to PeridexisErrant’s DF Walkthrough, based on v40.24:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ObFaFWdTBm8sUDbSyLwJhByJ8UTAlw3K

PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack 0.44.12-r05 with additional, separate options for TWBT versions of graphics packs:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q1DNngwQZzYD2pZg2RuubEYytEo_8rp4

JAK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My Dwarves seem to enjoy to vomiting all over the place
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2019, 11:58:06 pm »

You are aware that tavernkeepers are bugged to over-feed guests with alcohol right? If you have a tavernkeeper they're not only the likely cause, but you're lucky no one has died due to the,.

SedrynTyros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sedryn's Corner
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2019, 12:17:20 am »

You are aware that tavernkeepers are bugged to over-feed guests with alcohol right? If you have a tavernkeeper they're not only the likely cause, but you're lucky no one has died due to the,.

No, I'm not aware ... that's why I'm asking, lol.  Thank you, though.

Also, I don't have a Tavern Keeper.  :P
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 12:51:36 am by SedrynTyros »

PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack 0.44.12-r05 with additional, separate options for TWBT versions of graphics packs:

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2019, 07:50:46 am »

Dwarves can throw up due drinking too much alchohol, they will also throw up due cave-adaption(which in turn is caused by being inside too long), and the third option is some kind of syndrome.
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2019, 07:52:13 am »

therahedwig beat me to it with a much more concise version...

The other main cause of vomiting apart from employing poisoners in the form of tavern keepers and performers in the tavern [not at the fortress level] (these are interchangeable: performers shove as much booze down the throat of patrons a tavern keepers do, and neither perform more than regular patrons) is cave adaptation, i.e. dorfs nauseated by the sun when having been underground for a long time. It takes quite some time to cure cave adaptation when fully developed, and it will grow once dorfs are back underground again (check the wiki page on the issue).
A somewhat distant third cause is syndromes induced by evil rain and FBs/Titans. Injury can also result in vomiting.

And I doubt dorfs enjoy vomiting any more than humies ;)

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2019, 11:40:39 pm »

Aside from alcohol poisoning and cave adaptation, dwarven babies are apparently born completely cave adapted. This means your bearded babies will end up creating an enormous vomit slick over the entire fortress.

Source: Had this in Claspedbowels. Literally the entire stairwell is covered in vomit, and the library had it too. Images and reaction GIF included in spoiler.

Spoiler: Literally, even (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 11:43:52 pm by CaptainArchmage »
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

SedrynTyros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sedryn's Corner
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2019, 05:25:15 pm »

therahedwig beat me to it with a much more concise version...

The other main cause of vomiting apart from employing poisoners in the form of tavern keepers and performers in the tavern [not at the fortress level] (these are interchangeable: performers shove as much booze down the throat of patrons a tavern keepers do, and neither perform more than regular patrons) is cave adaptation, i.e. dorfs nauseated by the sun when having been underground for a long time. It takes quite some time to cure cave adaptation when fully developed, and it will grow once dorfs are back underground again (check the wiki page on the issue).
A somewhat distant third cause is syndromes induced by evil rain and FBs/Titans. Injury can also result in vomiting.

And I doubt dorfs enjoy vomiting any more than humies ;)

Dang, I bet it's all those lousy performers I let join my fortress.  I kept saying yes to the petitions because I didn't know how common they were.  Now I have like six or seven of the bastards frolicking around.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2019, 06:35:39 pm »

Dang, I bet it's all those lousy performers I let join my fortress.  I kept saying yes to the petitions because I didn't know how common they were.  Now I have like six or seven of the bastards frolicking around.
As long as you don't assign them to the tavern, they won't serve booze. Performers are the only residents you can assign labors to, IIRC, so they're actually a good choice.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My Dwarves seem to enjoy vomiting all over the place
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2019, 02:08:49 am »

As long as you don't assign them to the tavern, they won't serve booze. Performers are the only residents you can assign labors to, IIRC, so they're actually a good choice.
As far as I know you can't assign any jobs to any mere residents (although they very occasionally harvest crops). However performers and scholars are the only types that petition a second time to become citizens, at which time you have full citizen control over them (ignoring the bugged Gremlins here).

SedrynTyros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sedryn's Corner
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2019, 06:49:06 pm »

As far as I know you can't assign any jobs to any mere residents (although they very occasionally harvest crops). However performers and scholars are the only types that petition a second time to become citizens, at which time you have full citizen control over them (ignoring the bugged Gremlins here).

Yeah, I think that's correct.  I tried to assign one as Tavern Keeper but couldn't do that.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 08:08:50 am by SedrynTyros »

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2019, 07:07:22 pm »

That is the reason I like green glass walls and floors. :P